Carbon fiber "beak"

CF beak is finished and being shipped to me soon.
I will update everyone once I have it.

In for updates...:tongue:

easy-schmeezy....oh but perhaps not so much in real life :tongue:

meshless.jpg

Real or not, that looks fantastic!!!

Good looking piece. Just visited website, and I am confused about the grill vs beak?

Wow came out great!

Good looking piece. Just visited website, and I am confused about the grill vs beak?

The carbon beak just replaces the oem chrome metal beak, retaining the stock (faux) mesh grill.

The carbon grill (full see-thru mesh) replaces the oem mesh grill and eliminates the chrome metal beak entirely.

Everything mounts to oem mounting points w/oem hardware, can't do both, it is either or.

Last edited:
Wow came out great!

The carbon beak just replaces the oem chrome metal beak, retaining the stock (faux) mesh grill.

The carbon grill (full see-thru mesh) replaces the oem mesh grill and eliminates the chrome metal beak entirely.

Everything mounts to oem mounting points w/oem hardware, can't do both, it is either or.

Kinda what I thought, thanks for confirming...:cool:

Wow came out great!

The carbon grill (full see-thru mesh) replaces the oem faux mesh grill and eliminates the chrome metal beak entirely.

Just had a thought, does Acura really want the front end aerodynamics of the NSX being changed...wondering aloud :confused: I am thinking best to go with the "beak"...JM2C...I could be wrong..

Just had a thought, does Acura really want the front end aerodynamics of the NSX being changed...wondering aloud :confused: I am thinking best to go with the "beak"...JM2C...I could be wrong..

The NSX GT (race car version) is a full mesh.

Street version NSX is not full mesh.

Guess they want more airflow on the race car.

Last edited:
Wow came out great!

Well you can have both,
The front grill replaces the black plastic with carbon fiber and will allow a OE beak to install.

The new part is based of the OE so it's a plug and play item.

As for the beak those are installed with 5 clips and 4 screws again the carbon part has the same mounts so it just slides in.

Well you can have both,
The front grill replaces the black plastic with carbon fiber and will allow a OE beak to install.

The new part is based of the OE so it's a plug and play item.

As for the beak those are installed with 5 clips and 4 screws again the carbon part has the same mounts so it just slides in.

Oh all this time I thought your grill was going to be a replica of the GT-3 grill (like the pic in the link)...my bad. So it's really just a replica of the existing oem grill part but in carbon fiber with full mesh "styled after" the GT-3 grill? Interesting and more options for the buyer...so then in order to go full carbon you have to buy both I guess.

Oh all this time I thought your grill was going to be a replica of the GT-3 grill (like the pic in the link)...my bad. So it's really just a replica of the existing oem grill part but in carbon fiber with full mesh "styled after" the GT-3 grill? Interesting and more options for the buyer...so then in order to go full carbon you have to buy both I guess.

Correct, it's a direct replacement of the plastic so that you can have a NSX with out black plastic, all the black plastic would be carbon fiber.

Correct, it's a direct replacement of the plastic so that you can have a NSX with out black plastic, all the black plastic would be carbon fiber.

Sent you an email on Monday, no response. I asked if CF grill is compatible with Acura Technology Pkg sensors, truly plug and play?

Sent you an email on Monday, no response. I asked if CF grill is compatible with Acura Technology Pkg sensors, truly plug and play?
Got it will send trough a quote tomorrow, a bit hectic in the shop today, and yes the sensors shouldn't be a issue

I received a reply from A.S.M indicating they are willing to discuss a group purchase.

WHOO HOO!, Xmas is here!

I have a wishlist starting with the beak/grill combo.

I received a reply from A.S.M indicating they are willing to discuss a group purchase.

WHOO HOO!, Xmas is here!

I have a wishlist starting with the beak/grill combo.

I would be in for group purchase as long as grill has provisions/ plug n play for the Technology package sensors... previously the question was asked and not answered.

Got some more info:

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sorry once more for a rather slow reply it was very hectic with a few projects.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ok so €1250 is the individual price for a new carbon grill, the bulk of that is due to the core cost from Honda.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If we where to use a existing grill €595 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a group of five it would come down to €499 a grill[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would like to have zero downtime on the cars, using a NSX's existing grill would cause that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm trying to find a used or surplus grill so we can start a core exchange program but that's challenging as all the cars are still new.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That said i am expecting to hear back from managers at Honda if we can get a special exception or deal done just for a group buy.[/FONT]

If we where to use a existing grill €595
In a group of five it would come down to €499 a grill.

What are the numbers in US Dollars, I am not a currency trader...:confused:

The difference between the Euro and the US dollar is about 15%.

If we are going to start a list of who is in for a group buy, we now have pricing.

So, I want the beak and grill replacement piece. How the "cores" get returned is something to be discussed.

I am still waiting for a picture for reassurance that I won't end up having to dremel anything to make it fit and the sensors aren't a problem.

1 down 4 to go.

Put me down for both as long as sensors are "plug n play"

Got an email.

Cores will be shipped to Florida depot, so the shipping charge to return the core won't be horrendous.

It is coming together.........

UPDATE:

A.S. Motorsport is ready to take on a group order for the "beak".

I expect them to post up conditions for a "group buy".

The biggest hurdle is they require the "core" for the replacement.

I have decided that I don't need the grill, and the beak will do just fine.

Back