• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbing rear strut bar

I'm thinking about one and I tried searching for some info on it and could not find anything on it. I was wondering if it makes a big difference and if there's any handling improvement chnages in handling compared to a stock NSX.

had one. but for street driving there is no difference. It looks good though

The reason I'm asking about the rear strut bar is because when I purchased my NSX he owner removed it and I din't even noticed until I saw a thread about engine bays and noticed I was missing one.

The reason I'm asking about the rear strut bar is because when I purchased my NSX he owner removed it and I din't even noticed until I saw a thread about engine bays and noticed I was missing one.

Meaning to say you do NOT have the rear strut bar? ... There is a reason why Honda/Acura put them there

I am driving without a rear strutbar right now because the previous owner sold me tha car without one and I didn't realize that they came with one from the factory.

Anyone have an OEM one I can pick up, please PM me. Thank you.

.....I was wondering if it makes a big difference and if there's any handling improvement chnages in handling compared to a stock NSX.

I don't think anyone has any proven performance gains on a hardtop NSX.

had one. but for street driving there is no difference. It looks good though

I like the look but would love the CF or Ti bar that Cusco makes for other cars :smile:

The Carbing Bar looks nice...I would get one. :smile:

Go Comptech !!!

Sorry, I got rid of my OEM bar. As far as aftermarket bars go, I wouldn't expect anything more out of them except good looks, certainly not performance.

I have a carbing strut tower bar. The factory strut tower bar is bolted onto mounting brackets, whereas the carbing is one aluminum piece. If your not driving hard, then you probably won't feel a difference, but it looks shiny.

If you are running an NSX-R engine cover, a similar one, or no cover at all it will bother you as it will reflect on the rear view mirror.

If you are running an NSX-R engine cover, a similar one, or no cover at all it will bother you as it will reflect on the rear view mirror.
If I recalled, Type S/Zanardi and possibly the Type R did not come with the bar.

I'm thinking about one and I tried searching for some info on it and could not find anything on it. I was wondering if it makes a big difference and if there's any handling improvement chnages in handling compared to a stock NSX.

I replaced a stock bar with a carbing hoping for similar results as when I installed the NSX-R bars. No difference at all. It is a waste of money unless you buy it for looks.

Get a stock one on the cheap IMO.

mine is a 94 from the sound of it the oem strut bar is the way the go. Anyone in San Diego have an extra one for sale. Thanks.

Back