Car Show for Charity - Flushing YMCA

http://www.ymcanyc.org/index.php?id=1119

My friend has asked that I post this and try and organize a bunch of cars and people to donate there time on Sat Sept 12, 2009 for a car n bike show to benift the Strong Kids Campaign time is from 10am till 5pm. You can stay as long as you like and there will be no entrance fee or nothing. There will be a BBQ there for us and trophys will be awarded after the show. Those considering attending please reply to this thread.

Strong Kids Campaign

Flushing YMCA
The Flushing YMCA has been providing vital programs and services to the neighborhoods of Flushing, Bayside, Douglaston, College Point, and Whitestone areas in Queens for over 80 years. In 2007, the Flushing Y served over 14,000 local youth and teens through a wide variety of programs including Leaders Club, Youth and Government, Virtual Y, Activate America, and teen programs. With each of these programs, the YMCA is helping our children to develop to their fullest potential in spirit, mind and body. The Flushing YMCA is a place for our children to learn and grow in an environment of caring, safety and support. At the Y, the character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility guide all that we do.

Please Give
Your generous donation to the Flushing YMCA in 2008 will make it possible to empower more young adults and families in the coming year. Please share your resources with them and make a donation today!

Bailey, I see Julia has put you up to this. :smile: I will make it since it's only 10 mins away.

I will try to make it. I may even be able to get my wife to attend this event; she really enjoys charity events. We'll see.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tytus

http://www.ymcanyc.org/index.php?id=1119

my friend has asked that i post this and try and organize a bunch of cars and people to donate there time on sat sept 12, 2009 for a car n bike show to benift the strong kids campaign time is from 10am till 5pm. You can stay as long as you like and there will be no entrance fee or nothing. There will be a bbq there for us and trophys will be awarded after the show. Those considering attending please reply to this thread.

i would like to attend.

Few questions. You said that there is no entry fee. How do they pay for the trophy's? And what type of judging is going on?

The organizers are asking for a rough idea of how many cars are going to attend so if anyone can give me a definite yes they are attending at this point please let me know thanks

My car is out of comission due to leaky master clutch cylinder. waiting for my new one to arrive so I am out.

I may be able to make it. I will let you know next week.

Tytus

My car is out of comission due to leaky master clutch cylinder. waiting for my new one to arrive so I am out.
Bernard, think about changing out the slave while you are at it. That one will probably leak shortly thereafter, if it is not already. They seem to age together. This way, you will only have to bleed, etc., only once.

Going to try to make this event, but daughter coming in from UK on Sat. Sorry I can't give you better notice Bailey until nearer the date. Good for me that it is Sat. though. Be at motorcycle run on Sun. Looks like a charity weekend. But that's a good thing. :biggrin:

Bailey, is there anything else we need to know before showing up? Is there a sign-in for people bringing cars? Are we going to do a NSX area, or is it just park wherever? Thanks.

Paul

Bailey, is there anything else we need to know before showing up? Is there a sign-in for people bringing cars? Are we going to do a NSX area, or is it just park wherever? Thanks.

Paul

I really dont have any specifics but if you see others when you get there definitly try and group up ... my car is at Larrys for a major service and is not ready yet so I wont have my car so lets play it by ear. thanks

Ok, should we try to get there around 10? I hope Tytus can make it...I've always wanted to see a 2002+ Berlina Black in person!

Back