Car Progress.. Almost there. whohoo.

Just want to share to you guys some pictures I took before my car went to the body shop, and also some pics after my paint guy painted my car with a different color. haha.

I got the Advan Model 5. I love these rims, its my number 1 choice for my car and I got really lucky to find a good used set. However, since its discontinued I really had no options with sizes and offsets. Don't get me wrong, it had good offsets but I wish the wheels are pushed-out. I decided to buy 15mm TC sportline spacers all around from dali and installed it the night I got it.

2 days later, I drove the car to the body shop so they can paint the car along with my body kit. 2 weeks later, car is pretty much painted but got really surprised when the car was painted lambo orange instead of yellow. YIKES!! The body shop will change the color, so hopefully in 2 weeks I'll be driving my car back home.

I don't know what's up with NSXs getting painted with lambo yellow but there's also another guy wanted the same color but his body shop painted his NSX red. My fiancee and I just thought it was funny that I got the same experience.

Anyway on to the pictures..
Front without spacers
front-before.jpg

Front with spacers
front-after.jpg

Rear without spacers
rear-before.jpg

Rear with spacers
rear-after.jpg

Side Profile no spacers
side-before.jpg

Side Profile with spacers. I know it does look too far out with stock skirts and bumpers, but I think it will look better when the wider skirts are on there.
side-after.jpg

WOW look at that front wheel gap. Its so nasty. I had to raise it up using the top perch because I'm afraid that my bumper will scrape everywhere. Hopefully after everything is said and done, I will have enough bumper clearance that I can lower the car again.

Here's my car with lambo orange. Thought it looked great but I want a yellow NSX, nothing else. Car was going to be wet sanded the next day so I'm glad I dropped-by.

orange-nsx.jpg

orange-nsx3.jpg

I also told my paint guy to shave the corner vent in the MH bumper for a more cleaner look. He did an amazing job. Added fiberglass and smoothen it out.
orange-nsx2.jpg

I can't wait for the car to be finished.

Hope you guys like it.

niM

Last edited:
So glad you posted this, thats the color i'm wanting to paint my car in the spring. Post more when its finished!!

You mean the lambo orange?

It looks really good and I know you will like it. I wished I had my SLR with me so I could've taken better pictures.

niM

WOAW! I LOVE that color on there!!!!! Shoulda kept it!!!

You going to use those wheels or something dif?

Yeah I liked it too.. But I don't know, I'm just more set in yellow.. This color didn't give me the WOW factor when I saw the lambo yellow. I also thought it looked too aggressive for my car. But I do know what color my future S2000 is going to be though. :D Imagine, this color with black hood and hard-top.. yummm.. hehe.

niM

Last edited:
Yeah I liked it too.. But I don't know, I'm just more set in yellow.. This color didn't give me the WOW factor when I saw the lambo yellow. I also thought it looked too aggressive for my car. But I do know what color my future S2000 is going to be though. :D Imagine, this color with black hood and hard-top.. yummm.. hehe.

niM
Well I get the "WOW" factor from it. Beautiful color.

now you guys are making me feel bad for not going with that color. :redface:

I hope I did make the right choice. haha.

niM

So the body shop messed up? Painted the wrong color? ! wow thats a big mistake. I agree if you like yellow, Orange wont do. I had a Yellow Lexus before and the yellow does stand out more than most color.

WOW.....thats crazy....somebody messed up big.....did they offer a big discount on the price to try and get you to stick with the orange?

fkong77:
Yeah, yellow does stand a lot more. I saw a yellow corvette in a busy street and it has a different presence than the black corvette behind it and the red one infront of it.

Roger:
Nah, no negotiations. He made a mistake and admitted it. They already sanded the whole car down last monday. I shall see the body parts painted with the right color this weekend but unfortunately I don't think parts will be installed. I'll take pictures and hopefully I didn't make a wrong choice for not going with orange. :wink:

niM

What's up Nim! Car's lookin' good. Can't wait to see the final outcome! Better take me for a ride when she's all done! I love the Lambo orange myself, the triple pearl one. BUt you should go for what YOU want man. I'm sure the yellow will be badass! Are you going with the pearl or flat lambo yellow?

-Leo

PM me which body shop and cost if you don't mind. Just curious. Thanks.

Yesss... The car is finally painted with the right color, unfortunately though the body is not completely done. He decided to put another coat of clear. My painter sent me these pictures.

TCRC Skirts
06.jpg

03.jpg

Close-up of the paint.
05.jpg

Body:
07.jpg

Bumper:
10.jpg

Rear Bumper and Spats. I wish I had better like the Advance or MH but this will do for now.
01.jpg

I think it looks better than the lambo orange but my paint guy disagrees. :biggrin:

I should be able to pick it up on January 3rd. I can't wait..

niM

It looks great. I can't wait to see the finished pics. Best wheels ever too. :smile:

Yesss... The car is finally painted with the right color, unfortunately though the body is not completely done. He decided to put another coat of clear. My painter sent me these pictures.

I think it looks better than the lambo orange but my paint guy disagrees. :biggrin:

I should be able to pick it up on January 3rd. I can't wait..

niM

I agree with your paint guy, the orange is really nice. Different strokes.......:smile:

Cozmo:
Yeah I completely agree with you regarding the wheels.. :biggrin:

Nokoni:
I didn't know you like these wheels now too. Good luck on finding them man. I plan on driving the car down there on Feb, I'll call you up if you're up for a little meet.

NSXRguy:
I went with a VIS Type-R hood. The hood has a perfect fit right now, but we'll see when everything is all said and done. Its VIS, its not going to be perfect but I have a feeling it will exceed my expectations.

ajnsx:
hehehehe. yeah I know.

Nokoni:
I didn't know you like these wheels now too. Good luck on finding them man. I plan on driving the car down there on Feb, I'll call you up if you're up for a little meet.

Sweet! Yeah man, give me a call.

I saw a lifted Titan at the gym today that was painted in your lambo yellow! Such a great color, good choice!

side-before.jpg

What side skirts are those and were did you get them from?

Oh and by the way,it was my friends car that was painted red on accident.lol.His NSX was black and he wanted Lambo yellow.It accidently got painted New Formula Red but they did end up painting it the right color after he got his heart attack.lol. :biggrin:

Back