CAR Magazine - R8 vs. NSX

Hi Everyone,

For a few months I've told everyone that my NSX was used for a magazine article drafted by CAR Magazine (Middle East Edition). Well here is a scanned copy of the article off the press...ENJOY!

I see the file size limit is small so I'll try and post each pdf. in sequence.

Attachments

Hmmm...can't post the remaining part of the article as it too big for PRime. Anyone know of a PDF tool to combine it all? I scanned it all into one document and that PDF was way too large. Now its in 4 seperate PDF's and still can't attach each piece...HMMMF.

Help?

Hmmm...can't post the remaining part of the article as it too big for PRime. Anyone know of a PDF tool to combine it all? I scanned it all into one document and that PDF was way too large. Now its in 4 seperate PDF's and still can't attach each piece...HMMMF.

Help?

Sorry I can't help you but I can't wait to see the pics and the article! :biggrin:

email it to me at
[email protected]
I'll do something with it.

So I tried to shrink the pdf's and only got one done and so had to convert the others to jpg's.
Someone with webspace, send him your email.
I tried
Trev

Attachments

• CAR Story Beginsm.pdf
    CAR Story Beginsm.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 119
  • CAR Cover_resize.jpg
    CAR Cover_resize.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 63
  • CAR Story Begin_resize.jpg
    CAR Story Begin_resize.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 213
  • CAR Page1_resize.jpg
    CAR Page1_resize.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 248
  • CAR Last PageSm_resize.jpg
    CAR Last PageSm_resize.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Help?

i got server space and band width to spare.

Looks as though Trev tried to make the PDF's into JPG's but it still won't show the article writing. If anyone knows how to convert pdf's or have them stored on Prime let me know.

Looks as though Trev tried to make the PDF's into JPG's but it still won't show the article writing. If anyone knows how to convert pdf's or have them stored on Prime let me know.

send me a PM and u can email it to me... I can put it on my webserver without any limits :)

Sorry, i should have just posted his pdf's on my little web space we have on prime.
I tried to find the magazine yesterday at a couple of mag stores but couldn't find it. I was going to cut out the pages and scan them better.
I tried and I don't have the files at home.
Trev

Hi Everyone,

For a few months I've told everyone that my NSX was used for a magazine article drafted by CAR Magazine (Middle East Edition). Well here is a scanned copy of the article off the press...ENJOY!

I see the file size limit is small so I'll try and post each pdf. in sequence.

Man I must say that your NSX is super clean! Woah great work! :eek:

Well written article and pictures. You have captured the feeling of being one with the road

Pretty cool article, nice balance overall. Very clean '01 you've got there, JetPilot3!

Thanks for posting the PDF pages, will be easy to stitch back together in one file.

I think the review should drive an R type some day, though....

Interesting about the transmission feel on the Audi- I beleive they have a pure manual, too, and I supsect it would be a lot more desirable for most driving.

When I first read about the R8, of course, my thoughts were also along the line of "Why isn't Honda doing something like this?" Even just an updated HSC design with a modernized interior (per current Acura technology), two more cylinders and a hundred more horsepower would make a lot of people on this forum and elsewhere grin ear to ear. Could be done at a reasonable price, too. Keep all the design basics that worked so well the first time around. And if ULEV and engine RPM's were a design issue, take the displacement/power ratios of the current RL V6 and scale to an 8. More displacement, but about the same 400 HP at somewhat lower RPM.

Geeze, it's not rocket science....

I liked the end:
"Despite the blitz of technological supremacy that the R8 deploys in this encounter, the unfazed NSX delivers the more undiluted and purer sportscar experience."

Curious thing is once again they someone says that the R8 is the new NSX ,but then says

Whereas the Honda encourages you to explore your skills and makes you an equal partner , The R8 just you to just SIT THERE and marvel at the astonishing pace and ability with a mixed sense of of mild terror and extreme delight

Whatever that last part of prose is the just sit there is very un-honda.

Pretty cool article, nice balance overall. Very clean '01 you've got there, JetPilot3!

Thanks for posting the PDF pages, will be easy to stitch back together in one file.

I think the review should drive an R type some day, though....

Interesting about the transmission feel on the Audi- I beleive they have a pure manual, too, and I supsect it would be a lot more desirable for most driving.

When I first read about the R8, of course, my thoughts were also along the line of "Why isn't Honda doing something like this?" Even just an updated HSC design with a modernized interior (per current Acura technology), two more cylinders and a hundred more horsepower would make a lot of people on this forum and elsewhere grin ear to ear. Could be done at a reasonable price, too. Keep all the design basics that worked so well the first time around. And if ULEV and engine RPM's were a design issue, take the displacement/power ratios of the current RL V6 and scale to an 8. More displacement, but about the same 400 HP at somewhat lower RPM.

Geeze, it's not rocket science....

Thanks Jon but she's actually a 1991! I owe alot to its former owner ViperDriver here on Prime for taking care of her...

I thought your car looked better than the audi in the original pics you posted a couple months ago. After seeing the pics in the article YOUR CAR STILL LOOKS BETTER! Way to go with the nice spread. congrats...

hmmmm, in addition to being better looking, the NSX has a better gearbox!
A real tribute to a 17 year old design. Not to mention the power deficit can be fixed relatively cheaply......

Just when you thought that the Germans reached the apex of the ugly scale with the hideous BMW Z4, they prove once again that ugly has no limits and spew forth the R8 unto the world.
puke.gif

Have to say the R8 looks kind of Audi TT'ish mixed with a little Batmobile.

But the best of the article was the ending, and the pic of the NSX out front :)

Despite the blitz of technological supremacy that
the R8 deploys in this encounter, the unfazed NSX
delivers the more undiluted and purer sportscar
experience.

Thanks for sharing nice write up.

Back