Car back firing after car wash or in heavy rains ???

^ do that...

It doesn't matter where the coil cover has it's gasket, as i have 2 gaskets in each coil cover and water still enters to the coil area...believe me as i tested it... I manage to isolate the metal part of the coils with a kind of sticky foam that seals everything when the coils are bolted down... No water enters there now.

does it get hot enough that it melts it? Were can i get a hold of some for my self. I want to fix mine as well. I have the same problem.

I WAS THINKING SILICONE THE BOLT HOLES AND THE EDGES. tHERES ONE PROBLEM. ON EACH COVE WERE THE WIRES COME OUT THERE IS A HUGE HOLE THERE. I WAS THINKING MAYBE FINDING SOFT RUBBER TYPE SPONGE IN BLACK AND WEDGING IT IN THERE. I WASH MY ENGINE BAY ONCE IN A WHILE. I WILL ONLY NEED TO DO THE WEDGING ON THE SIDE WHEN I WASH IT.

ANOTHER THING IS. I WILL BE INSTALLING A BASCH SC. SO WASHING THE ENGINE BAY WILL BE OUT OF THE PICTURE.

Hi,

does it get hot enough that it melts it? Were can i get a hold of some for my self. I want to fix mine as well. I have the same problem.

it gets really hot in there, but not enough to melt the stuff i used... i can't really say what i used, because my mechanic handed a big piece of it to me, and i did not see which brand... it seems like black sponge tape with very sticky glue on one side... after use, that glue melted and bonded the sponge to the coils, but the sponge kept it's funtionality, because when i remove the coils, it's still soft to the touch and squeez when i force it.

i will try to do a permanent fix to this, like a hard rubber seal for each coil, or one large seal for all 3 coils... i will start it in my september vacations...

Nuno

One of the annoying problems I had to fix during my first year of ownership on my '91. It's a love-hate relationship with the NSX - sometimes makes me question the "Honda reliability" reputation. But I still would buy another NSX.

I had a similar response at a "Touchless Carwash". My car actually sputtered and stalled during the wash. I attributed it to the foam air filter letting water blow by. I switched back to OEM element and haven't had a problem. 2 cents.

are all years and models affected by this?

Honcho, did you ever find the post in regards to modifying the hatch vent?

are all years and models affected by this?

Honcho, did you ever find the post in regards to modifying the hatch vent?

yes the hatch air dams are the same. they are all effected by it. some owners notice it and some dont and take it to the dealer and they hand them a big fat 1800.00 bill for new plugs, coil packs and labor on top of a oil change and diogna. fee.

Having this issue now....anyone figured out a modification for this?

Back