Car at a local dealer, do we know the history? JH4NA1151MT002605

It made an odd noise twice early on in the test drive, sort of a high pitched rattle/screech.

That would be the ABS pump. It going off twice is a little concerning. If it went off once it would be completely normal. An ABS flush done properly should cure it.

HTH,
LarryB

Made an offer of 26k. They laughed at it and let me know they paid more than that for the car. Then the salesman informed me I could pay 40,000 for "the bosses" NSX that was a salvage. I laughed and let him know that if they get tired of listing the car on eBay and not having their reserve met then they can find me.

I'm not too broken up that the deal fell through. The people at Kompact Kar Korner were abrasive and unpleasant to deal with from the start. They admitted they had no idea what the cars history was, and knew almost nothing about the NSX in general.

Oh well.

Good for you for walking!

Whine in 1st gear is a deal breaker. The fact that someone chose those hideous wheels means they care nothing about the car. Theres plenty of NSX's for sale. Keep looking. Oh and stay away from carlots.:wink:

Good for you! I probably would have laughed back at them and told them they paid too much for both cars. Just another reason I would never buy an NSX from one of these small-time operations. Sad part is some poor soul will eventually get taken by these guys.:frown: I hope you come across a nice one soon!

Good to walk on this one.

No loss. You can find plenty of other nicely maintained NSXs for what you want to pay. They're the ones still stuck with that car until they can sell it, and all of Prime now has a better idea of its condition.

Wow, you did your self a favor by walking away. They say they paid more than 26K for the car, I dont believe that. Acura dealer turned up a whole bunch of problems and I bet there is more. Imagine what that car looked like when the car lot got it. They always try to temporarily hide any problems. Keep looking, you will find a cream puff, and be smiling all the way home instead of wondering what else this thing needs. WISE MOVE!

G whiz those wheels were ugly, stick to our own prime classifieds for your next one.

Oh just a quick update, the dealership still hasn't refunded my $500 'deposit' that I had to put down to get the car off the lot and into Acura for its inspection. :mad:

As soon as the weather clears up a bit here in Seattle I'm going to drive my new '91 NSX down there and ask for the refund in person.

Back