Car and Driver said it best...

"Anyone expecting a clever evolution of the mid-engined sports car...was surely dumbfounded..." That pretty much sums it up for me.

They also mention Patrick Lukasak as the designer. I wonder how much hate mail he's going to recieve. :eek:

As long as they don't call it an NSX.

I have nothing more to say as the fact that the bean counters who designed it, created nothing more than a Honda Vette/Viper. Though there is nothing wrong with that comparo, to me FR cars just dont have that exotic feel. :cool:

RIP NSX (Was gald I had and still have the privelage to own one)

Originally Posted -
How many recent production models really ended up looking like the
rolled-out-on-the-carpet concept?

You're right. This concept is basically a block of wood to show the basic shape....details are an after-thought at this point in the development.

Honda just wants to tell all its NSX die-hard fans, F1 racing fans, CIVIC, RSX, & Integra boy-racers.....the party is over, Honda is getting out of the rear-engine exotic game.

I've never seen a concept car, used by a company, to break bad news to its core fans.

With everyone building a 500hp front engine GT car....Honda fans were happy being in a sub-category- the affordable mid-engine exotic.

Honda is dumping its hard-core fans so it can get busy going after the type of guys that buy luxury (Lexus).

This has got to be the oddest concept car I've ever seen. Its like a break-up card for your girlfriend-"Dear Sports car guys & loyal Honda fans...Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out" ASSC

Back