Car and Driver is looking for an early NSX

Car and Driver is looking to borrow an early '91-'94 NSX on June 10-11th in Michigan for an upcoming story.

We'll be meeting up--C/D editors and car owners--in South Haven, Michigan, on the evening of June 10th for dinner, and we have Gingerman Raceway rented on the 11th where we'll do some driving and photography.

The car should be a manual, stock, and have well under 100k miles. We're not going to be doing standing-start acceleration testing or anything potentially destructive, but we will need to drive the car reasonably hard.

The owners will get free food and some track time at Gingerman. It should be a fun day!!

Please PM me if you're interested.

Stock NSX, Original owner, OEM equipments, nsxca member(commitee), Track miles....... nsxprime post wh@#* ;) :tongue:

Are you guys thinking who I'm thinking of?

Make sure there's some type of written agreement....who's insurance will cover any unforeseen accidents/damage.

AGREE!

I think one with 175k makes a great story !!!

And a '93 with 207,000 would make an even better one. :)

Tell the boys at C&D I'd love to have them flog Charlotte around a bit, especially if it means embarrassing some expensive European junk. :biggrin:

Do it as there's nothing better than having your ride in a magazine! I know and sure glad I did it! Try and work and angle with the C & D photographer for copies of the photoshoot. Sometimes they don't want to release the photos until the magazine article is done and in print.

Good luck whomever!

We've already run this through legal, and we definitely have insurance any time we rent out a track. I'm sure we can work something out with the photographer so the owner will get the photos, although it probably won't be until after the story runs.

if it is meant as a comparison test and since the car is no longer in production, wouldn't it make sense to use the latest version of the car, not the earliest?

any guarantee that this story will have a positive spin on the NSX? it would suck to have your car in a magazine that's portraying the car negatively.

The story will most definitely be positive. We specifically picked the NSX because we all love it.

I can talk offline to potentially interested owners, but don't want to give the story away here for obvious reasons.

where is that yellow C&D ringer from the past test? Send that one down.

The story will most definitely be positive. We specifically picked the NSX because we all love it.

Who is "we"? Do you work for Car and Driver?

And a '93 with 207,000 would make an even better one. :)

Tell the boys at C&D I'd love to have them flog Charlotte around a bit, especially if it means embarrassing some expensive European junk. :biggrin:

:mad: You got me!!!

Oh well!

Stock NSX, Original owner, OEM equipments, nsxca member(commitee), Track miles....... nsxprime post wh@#* ;) :tongue:

Are you guys thinking who I'm thinking of?
Unfortunately I'm planning to be at the Integra Type R Expo at VIR at that time. Too bad, since I'm so familiar with GingerMan and I don't live that far away, either. And an original owner since 1990, and a subscriber to Car and Driver even longer than that. But thanks for thinking of me!

Last edited:
You know that would be an intresting article. Take 5/6 of the hottest selling imports with over well 100,000 miles with positively no rebuilds, engine swaps, must be original motor, can be modded to some extent {minor bolt on's} and run em like ya stole em. Definately intresting.

You know that would be an intresting article. Take 5/6 of the hottest selling imports with over well 100,000 miles with positively no rebuilds, engine swaps, must be original motor, can be modded to some extent {minor bolt on's} and run em like ya stole em. Definately intresting.

That would be a kick a&% Story

C&D editor are you listening???

I do work for C/D, and by "we" I meant the group of editors that determined the cars that we wanted to include in this story.

Cool! I suppose a supercharged 2005 will not fit your needs then. :smile:

Well the design may be old but I picked this car after having spent extensive time test driving a new 997S, Aston Vantage, MB SL55, and Maserati Grand Sport (last year). You know that Toyota ad "oh what a feeling", I have that everytime I drive this car. This guy: :biggrin: Is truly what I look like all the time behind the wheel.

Back