• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can't seem to find Problem...help!

Hello,
I have a 97 NSX with 42k KMs.!
I installed a comptech supercharger 2 years ago with HO injectors. I did all the work myself...took some time but it worked perfectly until now. O ya, i also installed the Comptech catback and headers.
I'm getting a P1303 error code and P1399.
I followed all the steps in the diagnostics procedure in NSX service manual.
Changed all the spark plugs, siwtched the ignitors and injectors, checked and rechecked all the wiring to injectors. I use a CANOBDII tool to reset the error codes.
P1303 is a mis fire in cylinder 3, silly question: cylinder 3 is back bank driver side...right?
From what i understand next thing is the ECM.
Has anyone else expereinced this problem with or without the comptech parts?
Any suggestions?
Thanks...appreciate the help.
Carmine

You are correct about the position of #3, rear, drivers side. Check your coolant level. If low, remove #3 plug and inspect it for coolant residue. You can compare it to #2, if it is different, you may need a head gasket. I have seen this before. If coolant is low, do a leak down test on all cylinders.

Since you have an OBDII car, if you can tell it is misfiring, disconnect the spark misfire detection module to see if that clears it up. It will throw a ton of codes when you disconnect it, but if the engien starts to run correctly it could be that too. The problem is many times when I see this code, it is random, and the engine idles fine.

HTH,
LarryB

Hi Larry,

Thank-you for the reply....much appreciate it.
But I gave in and took to my friendly neighborhood Acura dealer...turned out to be the ICM (Ignition Control Module). Seems to be an expensive part...and something that rarely goes. It sits just underneath the supercharger, behind the throttle body,...they figure the heat may have caused the issue...hope it doesn't happen again.

I really appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Carmine

Much better to find that item being bad, then where I was going:).

Should be about $300

Regards,
LarryB

Back