Canadian Warning - JH4NA1185TT000154

VEHICLE -Red 1996 NSX-T JH4NA1185TT000154

LOCATION - Markham, Ontario

SELLER - Private, but assoc. to Bullock City Auto Service

ISSUE - Imported as SALVAGED into Canada.

Hey guys - I am currently looking for a NSX. After seeing one listed on Autotrader.ca, I ventured up to Markham to check it out. Like several NSX's, I knew this car had previously been brought up from the US in the past (2004 to be exact). The car looked pretty good but there were some unresolved mechanical issues with the car. I found it weird that the seller owned a mechanic shop but did not have the car in perfect mechanical shape - especially since the issues only required minor work (so he said). I asked about the clutch being replaced - He said it had done recently by another shop, but did not have ANY documentation or receipts. The clutch felt crappy by the way.

I asked about the cars history and the seller played stupid - was not forthcoming with information which seemed suspicious. He said he owned it for approx. 3 years.

I further found it weird that the seller owns a car shop, but is selling the car privately. The car was unplated and when I took it for a test drive (at his residence). He was using a yellow dealer plate.

I spent the $$$$ and did a carproof search.Well I'm sure glad I did - SALVAGED JUNK! It was brought into Canada in 2004 as SALVAGE. It was later sent to auction in 2005. I was pretty pissed after finding this out. I was super close to putting a deposit on the car after the test drive. The car looked pretty good and the paint was great. He was asking $41,000 which I thought was a decent deal for a car with 59,XXX miles with a supposed clean title.

I later emailed the seller on his BS. I told him about my findings. Well guess what - no email back. And what is worse, he just removed the car from autotrader.ca after my rant. It was funny because he talked how he wanted the car GONE before the winter.

I have since contacted the ministry about this SALVAGED issue. I have been advised that the car does not have a REBUILT title in Canada which suggests a "Brand washing fraud". Anyone looking at this car BE WARNED! The ministry started asking me several questions about his car and they may have flagged it in there data base. If they enter into an investigation an find out the vehicle has suffered from flood/fire damage, it would get an IRREPARABLE brand. Imagine paying over 40 g's for this car and going to register it and finding out it cannot be registered! EVER!.

So this was my experience. I just wanted to give other people a heads up. If anyone from the Markham area is familiar with these people - let me know.

Hey, thank you for this warning... I've been looking at the NSX's listed on autotrader and i've never really gotten any great vibes from any of the beauties listed for sale.

They seem overpriced and have questionable histories.

Thank you.

Back