Can they do this on ebaY?

You're getting sniped. Bids placed in the final seconds, thus preventing the underbidder a chance to respond. It's entirely legal; indeed, there are even automated programs to do it for you.

I use a service called PhantomBidder to do all my eBay bidding. I don't like bidding early and tipping my hand as to what I want and how much I'll pay.

I actually prefer to hit the refresh button about 50 times and bid at about 4seconds...sure is fun...........hahahahah:biggrin: :eek: :smile:

haha... same here.... ONLY EXCEPT when the DSL HAPPENS TO DECIDE to freak out after the 49th refresh with only 2-3 seconds left.... :eek:

That is why ebay recomends you input your maximum dollar amount you are willing to pay. That way if you get out bit at the last second it doesn't matter because he paid more than you were willing to pay anyway. For the record, I too do last second bids when I really want an item, so I'm one of them. However, I think of it like a game. Sometimes it works in my favor, sometimes someone else beats me to the punch. I don't get mad, I just accept someone played the game better than I did on that auction and move on.

That is why ebay recomends you input your maximum dollar amount you are willing to pay. That way if you get out bit at the last second it doesn't matter because he paid more than you were willing to pay anyway. For the record, I too do last second bids when I really want an item, so I'm one of them. However, I think of it like a game. Sometimes it works in my favor, sometimes someone else beats me to the punch. I don't get mad, I just accept someone played the game better than I did on that auction and move on.

Ebay recommends you input your maximum bid well before the auction is ended to simply drive the price up. :) They couldn't care less who wins or loses. They do get a percentage of the ending price ya know. :wink:

How are you bidding on Ebay anyway? 17 year olds are not permitted:

Using eBay
While using the Sites, you will not:

post content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on the Sites;

violate any laws, third party rights, or our policies such as the Prohibited and Restricted Items policies;

use the Sites if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from our Sites;

Using eBay

violate any laws, third party rights, or our policies such as the Prohibited and Restricted Items policies;

use the Sites if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from our Sites;

Maybe we should report this illegal activity to ebay. :biggrin:

Using eBay

Well i really dont care becouse i actually buy stuff.

I actually prefer to hit the refresh button about 50 times and bid at about 4seconds...sure is fun...........hahahahah:biggrin: :eek: :smile:

If you've got two browsers open on separate monitors - one to refresh and one ready to submit the final bid, you're the ULTIMATE sniper!

I don't think he's a fraud and I don't think it's nice how you treat him.. he posted pics with 'his' 964 but anyways. shrug

Isn't is forbidden to use programs that automaticly bid on ebay? I remember reading something like that while signing on to ebay.de?

Klayton

I don't think he's a fraud and I don't think it's nice how you treat him.

He had been exposed as a fraud in other threads and his attitude toward Prime members resulted in him being suspended, during which time he tried posting under a different screen name. If a high school kid wants to participate on Prime he should at least be honest and not continually make things up to get noticed - that is why they have children's sites like myspace and chatrooms for kids.

I don't believe he is bidding on cars on Ebay as a 17 year old which makes the "premise" of this thread based upon a fraudulent statement. Had there been a question about bidding on Ebay from a kid, I am sure there would have been responses but to state that he is bidding on cars when he is not old enough to enter into a contract doesn't pass the sniff test.

Not at 3 in the morning ... or on a Saturday afternoon when I'd rather be out driving. Nah, I prefer to let the robots handle it for me.

Not at 3 in the morning ... or on a Saturday afternoon when I'd rather be out driving. Nah, I prefer to let the robots handle it for me.

HAHAH.... yeah... those east coast closing bids (being here on west coast) kills me every time...haha

Then that means you have way to much time on your hands.:cool: Get a life.

Get a life?? What would you suggest I do? Just to let you know, I'm always open to suggestions by those who are more successful than I am. Please enlighten me.

Back