Can I Put Test Pipes On The Comptech Header/exhaust Combo?

I really like an aggresive sounding exhaust and was wondering if it is possible to put test pipes on the Comptech header/exhaust combo, and, if so, what should I expect soundwise?
Does anybody out there have that set-up that can let me know please? Thanks.

Yes, the Comtech sell them too!

Do they sound good ? Is that square dude in Malibu going to call me irresponsible again and get all seized up about me wanting a louder exhaust down here in Louisiana ?

Do they sound good ? Is that square dude in Malibu going to call me irresponsible again and get all seized up about me wanting a louder exhaust down here in Louisiana ?

who carez' ? lol... j/k... but yea, it'll be quite loud, coming from my learning experience..

side note to : vancehu ;)

who carez' ? lol... j/k... but yea, it'll be quite loud, coming from my learning experience..

side note to : vancehu ;)

Miss chatting with ya:frown:

How are you doing?!!!

Your right. Who cares? I did live in Destin when I was a young hotshot chef and opened four restaraunts there before hangin' up my skillets due to major jet ski accident. We called it the "Redneck Riviera." That's up in the panhandle next to Fort Walton Beach. What a blast I had down there during what I refer to as my "prolific" years.

Your right. Who cares? I did live in Destin when I was a young hotshot chef and opened four restaraunts there before hangin' up my skillets due to major jet ski accident. We called it the "Redneck Riviera." That's up in the panhandle next to Fort Walton Beach. What a blast I had down there during what I refer to as my "prolific" years.

Sweet* .. . Florida is beautiful.... Born and raised there...

Best wishes with your setup... Soundz like you have some good taste!

p.s. Vancehu . pm at ya * ;)

I have them! They sound GREAT!

I actually designed my own system and ecu check engine light fit and will be selling a few of them next week!

I really like an aggresive sounding exhaust and was wondering if it is possible to put test pipes on the Comptech header/exhaust combo, and, if so, what should I expect soundwise?

Get them, you'll love it. I picked up a set from Dali Racing to use with my Comptech headers & Tubi exhaust and couldn't be more pleased with the sound. I purchased the Dali set because his are priced fair, it's amazing how much some vendors will charge for two bent pieces of stainless.

Dali Test Pipes $189.00
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=819

I had this combo before (DC headers, testpipes, Comptech exhaust). When new, sound was nice. Loud for shure. I would say it was just streetable. But when I went to the track, the whool in the Comptech exhaust burnt (because no cats to stop flames ?) and it became very loud with an awfull resonating sound.

P.S. I just found a set of Comptech test pipes for $100, look in the vendor section at the garage sale thread.

Get them, you'll love it. I picked up a set from Dali Racing to use with my Comptech headers & Tubi exhaust and couldn't be more pleased with the sound. I purchased the Dali set because his are priced fair, it's amazing how much some vendors will charge for two bent pieces of stainless.

Dali Test Pipes $189.00
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=819

Agreed. I have Science of Speed Headers, test pipes and Comptech exhaust. I was REALLY REALLY worried about it sounding too loud. But it sounds just fine.

Back