Can anyone photoshop a color PLEASE?!! White wheels or gunmetal?

Gunmetal

attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx3_gm.jpg
    nsx3_gm.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 741
Does no one else think it'll look good color matched silverstone? Silverstone is much darker in person than photos. It's a pretty dark silver.

I think color matched would be the cleanest, and gun metal to most aggressive. Guess it just depends on what look you're going for.

Does no one else think it'll look good color matched silverstone? Silverstone is much darker in person than photos. It's a pretty dark silver.

It would basically look the same as it does now. The colors are too close, wast of paint imo, I'd say go a little darker than gunmetal. Just Plasti Dip them so when your ready to switch it up, just peel:
dsci0925d.jpg

Gunmetal 02+ wheels look bad on silverstone. The colors are too close and silverstone is too dark to work with genmetal wheels. If your car was Sebring silver. Then it would be perfect.

Pardon me if this is old news, I did search first - but I stumbled upon an iPad app today that allows you to import photos of your car and various wheels, and then overlay the wheels on your NSX. May be of interest to some.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wheels-on/id539154582?mt=8

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 10.26.41 AM.jpg

Please pardon any clunky-looking picture attachments. Still getting the hang of the new format system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 10.27.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 10.27.22 AM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 10.27.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 10.27.06 AM.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 62
neat app, that is perfect for Dave...:wink:

Pardon me if this is old news, I did search first - but I stumbled upon an iPad app today that allows you to import photos of your car and various wheels, and then overlay the wheels on your NSX. May be of interest to some.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wheels-on/id539154582?mt=8

View attachment 95279

Please pardon any clunky-looking picture attachments. Still getting the hang of the new format system.

You should make a new thread and post this in the wheel section! Thanks...

Gunmetal looks good, the quality and gloss of the finish will make a huge difference. White should be reserved for GPW NSX-R vehicles, otherwise it gets ricey fast! Car looks awesome already!

here's one....

Maybe a silvery white, high gloss could look good.

Sorry, got a bit side tracked with mini Daytona style wing :biggrin:

Oops, I just noticed that this thread is months old and that it's 3 am lol.

Attachments

• nsx wht wheels-wing.jpg
    nsx wht wheels-wing.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
I like your photoshop work. What is silvery white? did you make that up?

View attachment 95438
I like your photoshop work. What is silvery white? did you make that up?

Thanx,

Yes. couldn't quite put into words.

Silver is a hard color to trick up but it can be done with careful combinations.

I have silver car also and like many have suggested, Gunmetal or similar is definetly the "correct" color but just not popping enough for me now.

Brite white is out and off white or eggshell to dull.

The white I've been imagining would look almost like a high polish but without the reflection..

Here's a few I tried with the sebring...

Attachments

• wheel web 1.jpg
    wheel web 1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 94
  • wheel wht sil 2 copy.jpg
    wheel wht sil 2 copy.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 81
  • wheel 3.jpg
    wheel 3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 77
  • front sil.jpg
    front sil.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 49
  • mesh sil 2 copy.jpg
    mesh sil 2 copy.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 63
  • wht wheels 34 2.jpg
    wht wheels 34 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Is this photoshop or actual photos?

It's a compliment that you should ask that.

I will include the unedited photo's in above post

Here's one more.. Silverstone, on track, with special wing :biggrin:

cheers

S

Attachments

• sil track.jpg
    sil track.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 81
  • silverstone wing 1.jpg
    silverstone wing 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 104
  • silverstone 4.jpg
    silverstone 4.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Dave, what wheels are you running right now?

If you had to chose, I would try something a bit more glossy. Definitely NOT white wheels, I think the era of white wheels is going away and you only see "kids" with lime green, purple, pink, red, or whatever they use these days to stand out an otherwise boring Corolla for example.

If you do go gun-metal make sure you go with a glossy darker shade to give your car more pop since your car is already sorta gun-metal silverstone :)

I've been running the NSX wheels in dark gunmetal on my s2000 for a while now and although I still love the stance, I recently swapped them out for a set of *gasp polished wheels and I actually like the change. Some bling is nice once in a while.

here's the gun-metal finish I was talking about, forgot the name of it but I can go find it if u like it:
IMG_4923.jpg

I don't know why this thread keeps getting bumped. LOL.

Here is my car currently since you asked rick. In a few weeks it will have RSIIs in semi gloss black.

d0d77d29bf3fb8f2eb5713cf0710524a.jpg

Umm..slightly off topic but , SX 2000 is now conceived :biggrin:

Dave , another example of the realism that can be achieved with Photoshop when the photo is right.

It's a fun program cause it allows you to see and create things before they exist..or create things to see that can never exist lol.

happy new year all.

S

Attachments

• SX 2000 1.jpg
    SX 2000 1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Back