Came across this nsx-r

I have always disliked the Robotech boxes that flare out on the rear quarters to the rear bumper on this kit:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't think this is an NSX-R.
It's a black 3.0 L painted white with a bunch of questionable bolt-on pieces.
But definitely not a type-r.

I'm probably mistaken but I thought all the type-r's were white?
Could you get the early version in any colour?

I personally can't tell one way or another, but how do you know this car wasn't a white Type R and originally a different color? Doesn't all Type R's come with black engine bays?

I personally can't tell one way or another, but how do you know this car wasn't a white Type R and originally a different color? Doesn't all Type R's come with black engine bays?

I clicked on the English version of the web page and there is no mention of type-r anywhere in the ad.
You can view the English version here: http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/HONDA/NSX/700120009320120411001/index.html
In the comments it says ordinary engine not a type-r engine.
Where did you see type-r mentioned?

I really don't know if type-r's came with a black engine bay and the rest of the car painted white.
Why Honda would go to the expense of painting an engine bay black then painting the rest of the car white doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Judging by the pic of the engine bay you can see what is either white wrap or poor masking around the bay.
The dash work also looks cheesy and poorly done.
I'm not sure why an owner of a rare type-r would mess up the dash like that.

I also notice the rear fender bolts aren't painted white so maybe the car has been wrapped.
On the other hand the front compartment is white.
Maybe it's been repainted but why would Honda paint the front compartment white and the engine compartment black?

However I am not that knowledgeable about type-r's so you may be correct that Honda painted the engine compartments black and the rest of the car white.

Last edited:
Most of the pictures have R in the captions. Too me, it looks like a heavily modified NA1 Type R converted to 02+ headlights and using aftermarket carbon fiber doors. My eyes are not as good at catching everything, but if this is a replica Type R, the guy did a pretty good job of it IMHO. The gauge trim is right, the needles are right, the carpet I think also looks right. The suede dash with red stitching also looks right.

Most of the pictures have R in the captions. Too me, it looks like a heavily modified NA1 Type R converted to 02+ headlights and using aftermarket carbon fiber doors. My eyes are not as good at catching everything, but if this is a replica Type R, the guy did a pretty good job of it IMHO. The gauge trim is right, the needles are right, the carpet I think also looks right. The suede dash with red stitching also looks right.

You're undoubtedly right as the asking price of USD 171K would certainly suggest type-r.

I think the NSX-R was sold in several different colors including yellow, red black and white.

I clicked on the English version of the web page and there is no mention of type-r anywhere in the ad.
You can view the English version here: http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/HONDA/NSX/700120009320120411001/index.html
In the comments it says ordinary engine not a type-r engine.
Where did you see type-r mentioned?

I really don't know if type-r's came with a black engine bay and the rest of the car painted white.
Why Honda would go to the expense of painting an engine bay black then painting the rest of the car white doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Judging by the pic of the engine bay you can see what is either white wrap or poor masking around the bay.
The dash work also looks cheesy and poorly done.
I'm not sure why an owner of a rare type-r would mess up the dash like that.

I also notice the rear fender bolts aren't painted white so maybe the car has been wrapped.
On the other hand the front compartment is white.
Maybe it's been repainted but why would Honda paint the front compartment white and the engine compartment black?

However I am not that knowledgeable about type-r's so you may be correct that Honda painted the engine compartments black and the rest of the car white.

I too have no idea if it actually is a Type R, but the Japanese page says it's a Type R in several places. The Type R also came in different colors so who knows.

If it is truly 95 JDM NSX, then it will be the NA1-130 type that has DBW except for Type-R.
Based on the engine bay photo, it looked to be real Type-R as you can see the TH cable.

Unfortunately, the angle of the photo is not ideal so I can't see it but any Type-R/NSX-R will have rubber cover not only on the coolant header tank but also on the main connectors (such as the ones at the igniter module, etc) inside the engine bay as well.

While you can buy the tank cover separately and thus easy to put it on any NSX, the connector cover is not available and thus, easy to distinguish the Type-R/NSX-R models from the rest.

Personally, it's sad to see rare model in that format if it is indeed a genuine Type-R.....

Kaz

Can you imagine what a 02+ Silverstone R would look like :D ?

Like this one, probably...

in case your browser doesn't translate the text:

Since at Suzuka shop yesterday gave the replacement of NSX, also the image this time, because we Pashari, I will introduce the one 02R, 2006 formula [2006] traveling 8000 kilometers, black Recaro seat, air-conditioned, with HID, wheel, light inner color by custom from the manufacturer, unified in silver, body color is what, in 02R, has been rumored to two ❔❔, you will Silverstone Metallic , were armed with the ultimate weapon called 3200 6MT, it is the last of the 02R, because there in showrooms now, please have a look.

More photos here

and here

Last edited:
13.jpg

I'm in love :D

Back