Calliper Painting

I have searched and found some threads on painting callipers. Some brush and others have sprayed. What process gives the best long lasting results?

Has anyone painted their callipers silver? I would like to see pics of silver or red callipers on a Blue NSX or any Blue Sports car.

I saw a silver CLK the other day with silver callipers and it looked pretty good rolling (I didn't get to see it sitting still).

I'm getting ready to paint mine also. Just want to make sure you were aware of the FAQ on the subject.
I went ahead and got the Dali kit. I will let you know how it turns out when finished.

KGP

Yes I have read the FAQ's. What color is your car? What color are you doing the callipers?

Thanks

KGP said:
I'm getting ready to paint mine also. Just want to make sure you were aware of the FAQ on the subject.
I went ahead and got the Dali kit. I will let you know how it turns out when finished.

Car is black, and I am paiting yellow with black lettering. If I don't like, I will do it again in silver.

Just go to AutoZone and get a primer + High Temp. engine paint. It will yield the same results.

It's a lot cheaper than the "caliper paints" out there!

Joel said:
Just go to AutoZone and get a primer + High Temp. engine paint. It will yield the same results.

It's a lot cheaper than the "caliper paints" out there!
[/QUOTE
]

Joel

Is it spray? If so, how hard is it to apply?

Thanks

Yeah, it's a spray.
Just take the calipers out, spray first with the primer, wait for it to dry, then spray on the High Temp. paint of your choice.
It's designed to withstand extreme heat.
Just make sure it says "high temp. engine paint" on the can.

Joel said:
Yeah, it's a spray.
Just take the calipers out, spray first with the primer, wait for it to dry, then spray on the High Temp. paint of your choice.
It's designed to withstand extreme heat.
Just make sure it says "high temp. engine paint" on the can.
Powdercoated Calipers

fc7afb7c.jpg

fc7afb97.jpg

fc7afbc2.jpg

MiamieNeSeX, where did you get yours powdercoated. Those look sweet! Did I say that ? I meant to say bitch'in.
:D

Back