Calgary NSX Meet April 13, 2008

Spring has sprung, it's time to have an NSX meet.

Where: The restaurant at Chestermere Landing Pub
When: April 13th, 2008 at 11:00 AM

They have a really nice buffet in the morning. Take some pictures, meet the rest of the NSX owners in the area, have some good food and great conversations.

Send me an e-mail or PM if you have any questions.

I should be able to make it...but I'll be without the nsx

I should be there, with my NSX!!! Will probably show up around 12-12:30 and can't stay that long, but enough to say hi to Cody and the rest of the new guys I haven't met yet.

Wil

weather forecast sais 20 degrees on sunday! Lets hope all the snow we got today is melted by then! Should be a good meet. My wife may come out with the g35 (with baby seats in the back). The G coupe has some mods to it as well! My son (all of 3.5 years of age) is very excited about seeing all the nsx's and hopefully the ferrari as well.

Cody - will your buddy (i can't remember his name) be bringing out his viper?

Wil

picture089xh3.jpg

picture099wo8.jpg

picture100fr2.jpg

picture102jd1.jpg

picture107xm5.jpg

picture108vl1.jpg

picture126aa3.jpg

picture127ro1.jpg

picture148nx0.jpg

Cody - Thanks for organizing such a great event! It was nice to see such a good turnout by NSXers, Porsche guys, S2000 group and even a Ferrari!

The fun cruise afterwards was even better! Hope you guys didn't get lost heading out to Bragg Creek.

To everyone else i met, hope to see you guys soon at future get-togethers!

Wil

PS - My son said his favorite car was the yellow porsche 911 :eek: I'll have to work that out of him :biggrin:

Hey Cody,
Thanks for organizing it was good to see the diverse turnout.. Any more pictures? Did you find your way home OK?

I'll PM you a link to my pictures, I know some people don't like their license plates posted so I tried not to.

We had a nice drive home, we went the entire way down back roads just following the GPS.

Hey Cody...are you leaving the NSX crowd...or aiming to get a newer one?

Dam:cool:

I wasn't going to say anything until I actually sold it, just because I change my mind so often, but yes I am thinking about leaving the NSX world. I love the car and I may come back to an NSX, but right now I'd like to try something different for a while. Don't shoot me, but the two cars I'm looking at are the Viper SRT-10 and the Elise (worlds apart I know).

I listed the NSX at $34,000.00, I've had it up for about 4 days and I've been getting lots of attention.

I wasn't going to say anything until I actually sold it, just because I change my mind so often, but yes I am thinking about leaving the NSX world. I love the car and I may come back to an NSX, but right now I'd like to try something different for a while. Don't shoot me, but the two cars I'm looking at are the Viper SRT-10 and the Elise (worlds apart I know).

I listed the NSX at $34,000.00, I've had it up for about 4 days and I've been getting lots of attention.

If I hear of anyone looking for an NSX I'll be sure to let you know. You'll still come to meets and stuff though right? I've considered both the Viper and the Elise. If I were to get a Viper it would be an ACR or GTS model - I just like the looks of them much more than the convertible. As for the Elise - have you sat in one? You really have to step over the side sills to get in and once inside you will see just how sparse they are. If I were in your shoes I would lean towards the Viper because at least then you get power that will make you giggle like a school girl.

I'm looking at adding this to the fleet......trying hard to talk myself out of it but not succeeding so far. It has a 3.8 which I would love to hear and a bunch of carbon fibre bits that I would love to see.

Attachments

• 3.8 911.JPG
    3.8 911.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 40

I thought about selling the NSX and getting a Viper GTS coupe about 5 years ago..But I decide against it because I didn't want a car that had single digits fuel economy with some spirited driving. But that was when premium gas was selling for $0.82/L...ahahahahahhahaha

Gas prices are a big issue...a very big issue! I know people who think that gs will rest at about $120 a barrel...but they are wrong...very wrong...the whores have the green light...and they are going forward! Do not be shocked to be paying $2.00 a litre next summer - thats why the day of the pure performance V8, V10 and V12 are over! In turn...the day of the average V8 should be done in 3 years...my 20 year old Cadillac will be put to rest in a garage by then...The collector car market will also change - as pure low mileage classics will go through the ceiling and all the average models will sink in price...as the demand for them will cool...not many people will be interested in purchasing an item that they will not be using...at all! My NSX sits in her palace most of the time - and gas prices are nowhere even close to what they are going to be at in three years!:eek: The oil pigs are going to milk the prices and justify them by telling people to move towards "puddle jumpers" - and the sad thing is that the common citizen will agree with them!

The times - they are a changing!

Dam:cool:

I'm looking at adding this to the fleet......trying hard to talk myself out of it but not succeeding so far. It has a 3.8 which I would love to hear and a bunch of carbon fibre bits that I would love to see.

Jesus, I love that car.

I thought about selling the NSX and getting a Viper GTS coupe about 5 years ago..But I decide against it because I didn't want a car that had single digits fuel economy with some spirited driving. But that was when premium gas was selling for $0.82/L...ahahahahahhahaha

Mitch gets pretty good fuel economy with his Viper, but he drives it like an old lady. I've never had a car with real power, I'd like to try it once.

Gas prices are a big issue...a very big issue! I know people who think that gs will rest at about $120 a barrel...but they are wrong...very wrong...the whores have the green light...and they are going forward! Do not be shocked to be paying $2.00 a litre next summer - thats why the day of the pure performance V8, V10 and V12 are over!

You have to pay to play, haha.

Thought you would like that. Here's a few more to wet your appetite. Can you believe that it's a convertible with a hard top? Have thought about a 996 Twin Turbo in your plans? Tom (yellow 996 TT in the pictures above) has a 660 hp kit going into his. I believe the package cost $15K plus install. Not too bad for what you get. They are supposed to be bullet proof and on top of that you can drive them year round (AWD, etc.) Pretty tough combination to beat.

Attachments

• 3.8 911 6.JPG
    3.8 911 6.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.8 911 7.JPG
    3.8 911 7.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 3.8 911 8.JPG
    3.8 911 8.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 27
Back