Buying an 04' NSX, but...

Thanks

No need to be sorry, I was just trying to understand the logic behind a lease. In the past the advice I have received about leasing was negative. The main thing is that you are getting one of the finest sports cars in the world with a great support network in NSX Prime. Enjoy!

Got it!!

Hi guys,

I drove my new NSX home Saturday night from Sacramento to Las Vegas via Reno.

I love the car. It looks and feels awesome. The car handles great and is very comfortable. I am glad I decided on the NSX versus the other cars I was considering.

Here are my initial impressions after only 700 miles:

1. I love the looks. Even after 14 years, this car looks awesome!

2. The car is very comfortable to drive. The ride is much more compliant than my 996 turbo. I plan to use it on a daily basis and alternate with my commuter.

3. I love the seats. They are very supportive and comfortable with minimal adjustments.

4. Very high quality throughout the cabin, though a little dated.

5. What is the deal with analog odometer? I haven't seen one of those for a long time.

6. Headroom is limited, luckily I am vertically challenged.

7. Handling is very delicate and precise. My first impressions is that it feels more accurate than the 996 turbo. Then again, I don't like AWD for performance cars when it comes to handling. I really enjoy sliding this car around corners.
8. Brakes are very good, but not spectacular. You can't beat big Brembos in my opinion.

9. The growl this car makes under full throttle is intoxicating. I love how it sounds! However, I wish it had an extra 100 horsepower and loads of torque.

Even though I have only driven the car 700 miles, the NSX is what I hoped it would be; a great all-around sports car that can be used on a daily basis. I am very pleased.

Thanks.

Last edited:
CerberusM5 said:
saying the car is black and is going to have flaws
That's baloney. The original factory finish on the NSX is exquisite. The idiots at this dealer destroyed it.

CerberusM5 said:
I told him I want the dealer to pay to have the car polished to remove the swirls. He said he would speak with the GM, but I am not too hopeful that they will fairly resolve this by his comments yesterday. What do you guys think?
If you don't get any satisfaction from him, contact customer service at Acura HQ. The number is in your owner's manual.

Good news!

The dealer stepped up to the plate and will reimburse me for my detail guy to work his magic. :)

Re: Thanks

Michael Barlin said:
No need to be sorry, I was just trying to understand the logic behind a lease.

Except for some very very specific cases (<1%) , financially there is no logic to it. It is a bad deal in 99% of cases.
#1 reason people lease instead of buying is that they only look at the monthly payment and leasing offers "more car" for the money. Another way I see it is that they can't afford buying a specific car, they can only afford it by leasing it. :D

think I'm wrong, just compare the monthly payments of any car. :p

Re: Re: Thanks

apapada said:
#1 reason people lease instead of buying is that they only look at the monthly payment and leasing offers "more car" for the money. Another way I see it is that they can't afford buying a specific car, they can only afford it by leasing it. :D

I think your comment is correct for a lot of people who lease autos, but not for all cases.

The NSX is the first car I ever leased and did so for the following reasons:

1. I normally pay cash for my cars, but I was concerned about the future value of the NSX in light of its rumored replacement the HSC. Chances are that when my lease is up in 36 months, my NSX might be worth less than the $57k residual. I hope it is a lot more, but I can't read the future.

2. I don't have to deal with selling my car (pain in the a$$); I just go to the dealer and hand them the keys.

3. Best of all, I still have the discretionary funds to look for a track car; maybe a GT3 or possibly the ZO6 version of the new C6 when released. :)

For me, leasing the NSX was the best option.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Thanks

CerberusM5 said:
I think your comment is correct for a lot of people who lease autos, but not for all cases.

This is what I also stated when I started my post by saying "Except for some very very specific cases (<1%) , financially there is no logic to it".

CerberusM5 said:
The NSX is the first car I ever leased and did so for the following reasons:

You don't have to explain/defend/prove anything to us. :rolleyes:

All we care to know is if you like your new toy, independently if you leased or bought. :p

Welcome to the club

apapada,

Thanks for the welcome. I know I will enjoy this forum very much. There appears to be a lot of enthusiasts among us.

I love the new toy (AKA NSX)!!!

Re: Cost?

Michael Barlin said:
I paid $34,000.00 cash for my 91 Black & Ivory with 28000 original miles.

Heh, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but when I read Michael's post I almost did a double take. His description is nearly exactly the same as mine when I bought MY NSX.

Mine:
$34,000, 91 Black/Ivory (5 speed) with 29,xxx miles. Bought in Houston in April 2003. :D

Btw, congrats on your new NSX, Sandy. :cool:

Back