Buying a NSX!

Hello everybody!

I am new to this forum. I am planning to buy a NSX, but i have some questions.

Regarding the models by year which is the best one to buy? If you compare the 3.0 and 3.2 liter cars, are there many differences? the 3.2 liter is very expensive so I have almost decided not to buy it in exeption if it is way better than the 3.0.

I live in Sweden, and in sweden there are approx 18-20 cars in the country. The most of the cars are from 1991. So I have decided to import a car from Germany and my eyes have come over an 1996 NSX with a good price tag. Is this a good buy? Is it worth the extra money from a 1991? It varies approx 7000 dollars!

Any clues from you guys? I would appriciate it.:rolleyes:

olesch said:
Regarding the models by year which is the best one to buy?

The newest.

olesch said:
If you compare the 3.0 and 3.2 liter cars, are there many differences?

Yes.

olesch said:
So I have decided to import a car from Germany and my eyes have come over an 1996 NSX with a good price tag. Is this a good buy?

That depends what condition it's in, how much it costs, and how that compares with other cars for sale in Europe.

olesch said:
Is it worth the extra money from a 1991? It varies approx 7000 dollars!

Is it the NSX-T, with the removable roof? If so, you will have to decide whether that feature is worth the additional money to you.

That depends. Why do you want this car instead of a '91? Just to have a newer car? Because it is in better condition than the '91s in your country? Because it is the only one that is available? What is better about this '96 than a '91?

In North America, almost all of the '95 and later cars are the NSX-T, with the removable roof. They are worth it for anyone who wants a removable roof. Aside from the removable roof, there are not a lot of differences between the '96 and a '91.

Whether this car is worth it is something you will have to decide for yourself.

yes I thing that the only cause is to have a newer car then. Mechanically it is the same car? Both cars are in great shape and condittion. So it doesent realy matter?

Then a 91 is a good choise? and I get some money over for Performance upgrades =)

You know it is much money and I want as much NSX for the money as possible!

//Ola

One other thing which I am looking at is the power steering. If I am right the power steering is just optional untill the 96 model when it become standard, right?

First of all, keep in mind that model years in many European markets are determined by when the car was sold, not when the car is built. In North America, the model year is determined when the car is built. Thus, if an NSX is built in October 1991 as a 1992 model year NSX for the U.S. market, it is considered a 1992 NSX, even if it sits in a showroom in Guam for nine years before it is sold. If the same car is built in October 1991 for the European market, and it sits in a showroom in Germany for nine years before it is sold, it becomes a 2000 NSX. At least, that is my understanding.

You are correct that the engine and transmission for all the five-speed NSXs are the same, as sold in the United States for the 1991-96 model years. There were a few changes during that period, such as the larger seven-spoke wheels in 1994 and the power steering which was standard in 1995, not available before that with the five-speed. (All automatic transmission NSXs have had power steering since they were introduced.)

Back