Buying a high miles 91-93 NSX vs low miles cheap American muscle as a daily driver?

I don't think you'd regret an NSX, even an early 90's model.

I don't think you'd regret an NSX, even an early 90's model.

I have to disagree. I think the OP could very well regret having an early NSX when he begins to include insurance payments, tires, regular maintenance, unanticipated maintenance, etc when he is on a limited budget. All too often individuals that purchase a vehicle fail to anticipate the TRUE cost of ownership, or the cost of ownership per mile. Remember he's looking for a daily driver.

Just my opinion.

I have to disagree. I think the OP could very well regret having an early NSX when he begins to include insurance payments, tires, regular maintenance, unanticipated maintenance, etc when he is on a limited budget. All too often individuals that purchase a vehicle fail to anticipate the TRUE cost of ownership, or the cost of ownership per mile. Remember he's looking for a daily driver.

Just my opinion.

I know what you mean, but anyone who has got to the point of ready to pull the trigger should have done the research. Insurance doesn't seem like an issue, every time I've checked insurance, it's been less expensive than the premium on my s2000 CR which is only about 630 for 6 months. But yes there are costs that you need to include with an exotic car so do your research, but if you have and you've come to the point where the NSX is on a short list of cars, it would be pretty hard to beat it.:smile:

If you can swing 20k you can get into a 03 cobra easy..I've seen them go for as low as 16-17k. If your really set on a domestic that be the only one I'd recommend. I think you may need to get out a drive the different cars and see what your more comfortable with. Mustand vs NSX is kinda like a samurai sword vs a very large axe, both get the job done, just in very different ways. :smile:

Its going to depend on the way you look at cars.
If you, like me, have 3 subscriptions to car mags. Eat, drink, live for cars then life is too short not to have an NSX. Think of it as a Ferrari that you CAN daily drive. For 25 grand.
If you want a cool looking car that goes from A to B in style then get something more "practical".

a nice pick IMO;

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=&max_price=30000&cardist=1124&standard=false

Offer $5k less.

Last edited:
I had driven a 2002 mustang as a daily driver and I will say it's neither a pure sports car nor a great daily driver, rather a mix of the two. After driving the NSX, I realize I would rather have an economical daily driver that gets good mileage, is highly reliable, and has four doors, and is cheap to fix. Once I got my NSX, I sold my mustang (after it exploded on the freeway) and bought a Honda Fit for daily driver duty. The amount of money I spent on gas for the Mustang is enough to drive my Fit and my NSX.

The old (wise and rich) man in me says do none of the above. Pay cash for a reasonable DD (older civic, accord, etc) and then in a few years save up for an NSX. Im a firm believer in not borrowing for a depreciating asset, especially one thats almost 20 years old and WILL require maintenance.

Back