Buying a 96 nsx!

Hi every one. Ok my freind is thinking of buying a 96 nsx wrecked in california. Since i owned one before he wanted me to post you guys and ask you for advice. 96 45k miles on it needs driver side door,, fender, dashboard and rear bumper. The car has a rebuilt title thanks???:confused:

Buy an older one for @ the same price as the wrecked one. Why start behind the 8-Ball? Even without the targa option, it will almost certainly be a better, more satisfying experience.

A car like that worth around 15-18 Gs, and needs another 15Gs to put it back - Rough estimate, and i have seen it done before. You will have a salvaged NSX, but a Targa and low mileage, plus other option like new style wheels and passenger's air bag....

There is no way to accurately estimate the cost to repair the damage without (a) seeing the car in person, and (b) having expertise in collision repair.

The current owner probably knows exactly how much it would cost to repair the car properly. If it were worth repairing, he would do so before selling it. Obviously, it's not worth repairing.

Run away...

nsxtasy said:
There is no way to accurately estimate the cost to repair the damage without (a) seeing the car in person, and (b) having expertise in collision repair.

The current owner probably knows exactly how much it would cost to repair the car properly. If it were worth repairing, he would do so before selling it. Obviously, it's not worth repairing.

Run away...

No, of couse my estimate is not accurate. It is a rough estimate. However, I know a guy, and his shop does nothing but rebuild crashed NSXes. Therefore, I based my previous post about the cost on that.

NSX/MR2 said:
No, of couse my estimate is not accurate. It is a rough estimate. However, I know a guy, and his shop does nothing but rebuild crashed NSXes. Therefore, I based my previous post about the cost on that.

if this is all he does then must be alot of crashed NSXes,
:(

No, it's not all he does for a living. As far as crashed NSXes go; personally, I have seen 4 crashed NSXes in 12 and-a-half month already. In a busy city like San Diego, LA, Miami..., there are enough crashed NSXes going around. However, once rebuilt and up to speed, whether you are comfortable with a rebuilt vehicle is up to you. Ohh, this guy who rebuild NSXes, for some dang reason, always know where all the auctions are for crashed NSXes.

Last edited:
Well as far as having a rebuilt nsx it really doesnt matter as long as its fixed rite. I mean who cares it drives fantastic and looks great. The main thing that you need for this nsx is a door wich cant be more than $300 to $500 dash board $300 fender $200 thats it 1000 dollar parts and anher $2000 labor adn you got your self an nsx. What the big deal about rebuilt. A 96 nsx with 40 K miles you could probably sell this thing for $40k dollars with a rebuilt title.

[email][email protected][/email] said:
Well as far as having a rebuilt nsx it really doesnt matter as long as its fixed rite. I mean who cares it drives fantastic and looks great. The main thing that you need for this nsx is a door wich cant be more than $300 to $500 dash board $300 fender $200 thats it 1000 dollar parts and anher $2000 labor adn you got your self an nsx. What the big deal about rebuilt. A 96 nsx with 40 K miles you could probably sell this thing for $40k dollars with a rebuilt title.

if thats all it need: i buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for selling it. i don' t think it will bring 40K with a rebuilt title

You obviously know absolutely nothing about the cost of NSX parts, the amount of labor needed for proper body repair, or the market value of an NSX with a salvage title...

I dono how much it'll cost? i think i do i rebuilted one last year labor and parts :0)

I dono how much it'll cost? i think i do i rebuilted one last year labor and parts :0)

I'm not familiar with this language, but I'll have to agree with Ken - your parts estimates are way, way off. Try to price some out sometime, and I'm sure you'll be unpleasantly surprised.

Should have said it this way.(maybe)

I do no how much it will cost. I think i do, I rebuilted one last year, labor and parts,.

still makes no sence, i'm glad i do not own that rebuilt car.
i wonder who does?

and if you have done this before,Why are you asking the people here? I just don't understand. :confused: :confused: :confused:

By reading your past threads, it seems like you rebuilt your '91 NSX using used NSX parts (and I'm guessing it's from other salvaged NSXs). I honestly don't think that's the right way to repair your car, but seriously, why ask us when you answered your own question yourself? It doesn't seem like you want to listen to our advice since you refute everything we say, why post in the 1st place?

Hay china town boy relax bro. Ry Ry lol i 'll have to take you two by the hand and explain what i meant i guess. First of all the nsx that i rebuilt was a 91 not a 95 or 96. There's a huge difference between a 91 and a 95 or newer in my opinion, price wise and rebuilding wise. That's what i was asking. With all do respact i could easly go and buy a brand new nsx no problem, my family are blessed with a couple of exotics in our drive way rite now. It just that i like building them and see how i can bring them back to life instead of junking them in a yard some where. I have not done alot of them nither do i want to i dont have too much time to do that. What i like to do is to find a realy rare color like blue or yellow (newer model) and rebuilt it as a hobbie as fun so i can cal lit kinda my own, injoy driving it and keep it for a very long time. Its an art to me and i injoy it when people look at them and smile and ask about it but then again if your in a third world crises and making payments on them then i can understand where you two are coming from. Rite now i am also working on a f355 coupe (yellow) will post some pics soon China town i wouldnt even sell one bro .

Hay china town boy relax bro.

Ok salaam, Do u think i'm chinese, or live in china town.think again
chi-town: is for chicago(dumass)

Quote:by salaam: There's a huge difference between a 91 and a 95 (like a targa and wheels)

Huge i don't think so: nsx has pretty much not changed in 14 years.

plus am glad the your family are blessed. And that you injoy(not enjoy) your hobby, so if its a hobby and you injoy it then buy it and injoy your hobby it should matter what other think if u have such and endless bankaccount and can spend money then do it.

Also : your first post was that a friend was going to: now u coul d go and buy a new one: which is it your friend or you?

just trying to understand:

Please guys, no need for this again. All it will do is getting the thread delete.

Hay china town boy relax bro. Ry Ry lol i 'll have to take you two by the hand and explain what i meant i guess. First of all the nsx that i rebuilt was a 91 not a 95 or 96. There's a huge difference between a 91 and a 95 or newer in my opinion, price wise and rebuilding wise. That's what i was asking. With all do respact i could easly go and buy a brand new nsx no problem, my family are blessed with a couple of exotics in our drive way rite now. It just that i like building them and see how i can bring them back to life instead of junking them in a yard some where. I have not done alot of them nither do i want to i dont have too much time to do that. What i like to do is to find a realy rare color like blue or yellow (newer model) and rebuilt it as a hobbie as fun so i can cal lit kinda my own, injoy driving it and keep it for a very long time. Its an art to me and i injoy it when people look at them and smile and ask about it but then again if your in a third world crises and making payments on them then i can understand where you two are coming from. Rite now i am also working on a f355 coupe (yellow) will post some pics soon China town i wouldnt even sell one bro .

Umm... Mustafa... it just seems like you are offended by our comments which is not meant to offend. It's our honest opinion. My post was just asking what is your real intention of posting! You are so defensive. Whatever we say you just snap back and say that we are wrong. If you are so right, and if you know the prices, why are you asking us? If you do this all the time as a hobby, and you rebuild cars on a daily basis, why are you asking us? Why? :confused:

I don't need you to take me by the hand. I'm not incompetent. If its an art to you then good for you, but it isn't for most. I could care less about how you rebuild an F355. I guess I'm just lame since I prefer buying cars in good working condition. Exotics or not.

Salaam,
Your post is filled with misspelled words. Buy a dictionary, keep it near the computer and knock off the China remarks please!

If I were you I'd buy the car and rebuild it. I'm sure it will turn out great. There's not enough difference in rebuilding a targa or a coupe and since you have done it before it should be within the scope of your capability. Great to have a Ferrari/NSX rebuilder on the forums. Your knowledge and expertise will be a great resource for us all.

I am not racist at all. On the other hand there's no excuse for stupidity. I simply started out as a question and now look at me wasting my time on stupid remarks. If you dont understand me dont putt any remarks if you do i would love to hear it thanks.

Gentlemen, I am guilty of this before (bashing and offensive comments.) However, I want to change the way that I and everybody on here reacting to each other. If you can hold back and not make a smart comments toward one another (no matter how small,) this board will be a much better environement. Like I said, if we can all extend each other that much courtesy, I, for once, will definitely give it my best shot.

Back