buying a 92 gp white 75K $27 too mush

Steve,

Look, me lowering the price is the same as a guy wanting to pay $30k for a nice NSX, it is my business. Fact is this is a $30k NSX inside and out. The reason I have dropped the price is because of the timing belt issue. I felt like I should because I would not want to pay $30k for an NSX w/out a new belt. The potential buyer is more than able to have someone look at the car for him. I have no problem with that and am fully confident in this car. Also, anyone else interested in a nice GP White NSX is welcome to have someone inspect it for them. The fact is Mike is going to miss a great NSX because he is unwilling to spend his time and or money to come look at it and that is his business as well.

Jason

Hey, let's not bring me in as the unfair judge of character. I am only going off what he said in an earlier post. Again, no offense to the poster of this thread, but I am not typecasting him into any subpar social economic status. I am not accusing him of not being able to afford the car. Sounds like he could afford a lot more than me. I am simply going off his fix this, fix that, besides I don't have that kind of money anyways comment. The car could be a steal, or it could be crap...I don't know that. All I am saying is that you need to have a buffer in case things need replacing no matter what price he buys on at. If he wants to spend thirty, then this car might add up to that after everything is completed, but don't bank that just because a car seems perfect that it is. S...Happens.

whiteNSXs said:
Come on guys, this guy has done NOTHING wrong. If you read what he wrote, he is sincerely asking us to give him some guildlines as to what to buy. Don't tell him to buy something else because "he cannot afford it" bullcrap! He has every right to spend the money the way he wants if he can on his car. He clearly stated repeatedly that he wants to spend $30k for a nice NSX. Is there anything wrong with that? I think for $30k, he can certainly find a very nice NSX with very nice outside and inside and that's what he wants. He came across with this 92 white reportedly has " not so great paint," the owner has had it for merely one month, and some other issues. So far he has not seen the car and these issues were brought up by the owner. He WILL find a nice NSX for $30k and meets all his expectations. What Jlindy said is totally unfair. The guy NEVER said he wanted a perfect car for $28k. As I said, there is nothing wrong with him looking for the right car for $30k. To me it is more suspicious of a bad car when the owner keeps lowering the price and to shove the car down his throat.
Steve
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jlindy said:
Hey, let's not bring me in as the unfair judge of character. I am only going off what he said in an earlier post. Again, no offense to the poster of this thread, but I am not typecasting him into any subpar social economic status. I am not accusing him of not being able to afford the car. Sounds like he could afford a lot more than me. I am simply going off his fix this, fix that, besides I don't have that kind of money anyways comment. The car could be a steal, or it could be crap...I don't know that. All I am saying is that you need to have a buffer in case things need replacing no matter what price he buys on at. If he wants to spend thirty, then this car might add up to that after everything is completed, but don't bank that just because a car seems perfect that it is. S...Happens.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Where did you see him asking the owner to fix this or fix that? He just listed a few issues of the car and he is actually thinking of passing the car. You are the one who came right out calling him whining, negative, and unreasonable. And you don't even know how the car is! People can praise their cars for sale as marvelous as they want. But this is a free market, and the actual SALE will determine if it is a deal at what price.
You wrote,
>No offense to the poster of this thread, but it seems to me like there is too much whining and negativity about something that SEEMS up to par with what the seller is asking. Your expectations are unreasonable<

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So for our friend here still looking for a NSX. Be patient, and find the best car you can and you will find an excellent car for $30k and enjoy as much as we do.
Steve

Last edited:
Lighten up Francis! What are you his brother? :D For the third time, I wasn't trying to offend. It just thought he should save extra money in case of an emergency and if he didn't like the car that much, then don't buy it. My opinion was not different than anyone else's, nor was my advice, so why so anygy.:confused:

whiteNSXs said:
Where did you see him asking the owner to fix this or fix that? He just listed a few issues of the car and he is actually thinking of passing the car. You are the one who came right out calling him whining, negative, and unreasonable. And you don't even know how the car is! People can praise their cars for sale as marvelous as they want. But this is a free market, and the actual SALE will determine if it is a deal at what price.
You wrote,
>No offense to the poster of this thread, but it seems to me like there is too much whining and negativity about something that SEEMS up to par with what the seller is asking. Your expectations are unreasonable<

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So for our friend here still looking for a NSX. Be patient, and find the best car you can and you will find an excellent car for $30k and enjoy as much as we do.
Steve
:confused:

WhiteNSXer

That is the quote that I was referring to, not what you implied.

nsxchi-town said:
... fix this, fix that ..
if i spend 30k on a car i dont what to put another 3-4k
into it right away, plus i don't have that kind of money anyways..
jp

jlindy

your right after i spend 30k on a nsx i don't what to dump
3-4k on it right away.....

when i buy one i would like to drive it for a couple of years
before i do anything to the car.. its not like i will be driving it
everyday...beating the shit out of it(that's what the wrx is for) it will mostly be a garage king! i just what to look at it and say wow... thats mine alll mine.

if your the type of guy that will buy a 30K, 12year old nsx ,then put
2-4k into right away to fix it up then i guess your a better person then me.. its just not my style...thats what i meant . thats not the way i buy cars..or spend money
thats not the type of nsx i want to buy...

thanks for all your help..

jp
i wish whitensx was my big brother then i would have a nsx to drive once in awhile..:D without buying one..

nsxchi-town said:
nsxtasy:

to spending money to fix a car is not the problem.
i do have plently to spend, i just wish not to..
when i do spend money one a nsx it will be for "gofast" parts not
repairs.(aleast for the first couple of years) i have a(2000) s2000 that i have never had to do anyrepairs to.a 95 legend coupe with a 170K on it and only done timming
belts, and a wrx wagon that i dumped money into that is probably faster the most nsx's... so please keep your comments to your self..(about money). you don't know me...as i don't know u.and lets keep it that way...

I was just going from your earlier post, where it sounded like you couldn't spend more than that, and you didn't mention other cars; it sounded like you were spending everything you had on the NSX. And it wasn't just me, since jlindy interpreted your post the exact same way. I don't know what your financial circumstances are, and frankly, I don't care; it's none of my business. But you made it sound like they are different from your subsequent clarification.

I was just trying to give you some advice based on what it sounded like. I was trying to help you; your negative response is why there is a saying, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Back