Buyer Beware: Previously Frame-Damaged NSX on Ebay JH4NA1153PT000424

There is also a flooded car from Katrina that is out there somewhere with a clean title. There was no insurance claim so it's a clean car.

Where did u get that information? I would think if the car was damaged by water why would'nt the owner file a claim..

It looks like the ad has been flagged for removal from Craigslist.

I have never spoken to the seller, but I have been told by others who have spoken to her that she was well aware of the history of the car but does not believe it. She has told these other individuals that she had her mechanic inspect the car before she bought it and he could not find any evidence of frame damage.

FYI- this car has been reposted on Craigslist again in S.F. bay Area.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/443688316.html

I just put on flag on it to be removed. If to go on Craigslist, flag it.

I think this person from San Jose with the 93 Silver NSX is now signed on as a Prime Member. She has it listed today on Market thread "NSX for sale".

Last edited:
I think this person from San Jose with the 93 Silver NSX is now signed on as a Prime Member. She has it listed today on Market thread "NSX for sale".
Here's the link: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95063

Someone needs to flag her down and remove it from the classified. Someone's going to get burned on this car. Same one on craigslist. I'm almost certain that it's the same car with the VIN#.

Check it out.
The crash damage should be disclosed in the NSXprime ad, but the Craigslist ad states previous damage repair so we should chill with the CL flagging.:smile:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/443688316.html
Beautiful car! Great price. Silver with black interior. 5 speed. 106k. Must sell. Moving to the land of snow and potholes. Everything works. New timing belt, brakes, new A/C conversion to new kind, 6 disc changer, new tires. Uncommon Sebring Silver. No tears in the dash or black leather seats. Some time ago there was damage to the rear end. All affected panels wree replaced completely and the whole car repainted. Seriously there is NOTHING wrong with this car. Acura certified mechanics and body shop experts say its a great car. power windows and mirrors work just fine too. Halogen headlamps. Custom fit car cover.Call for more information and to see it. $25,000 San Jose area. 413.210.7056

I have no interest in this, but this reminds me of all the threads that said Zanardi #8 was supposed to be a POS.

Let's deal with the facts:
-The car was in a serious accident.
-No one has verified if proper repairs were made or not. They are just assuming the worst which is fine as an opinion, but it's not a fact.
-According to brahtw8 the car retained a clean title after the accident.

If someone can come up with a PPI saying there is frame damage or if someone can come up with proof the car has had or current has a salvage title what is the seller supposed to do? She can't say that it's salvage because is isn't. She can't say it's a POS if her PPI shows otherwise can she?

IMHO, the only proper thing to do is to alert anyone interested in the car that it has been in a crash and they should really have a detailed PPI done.

Otto
Here's a picture that my daughter took of the car back in Feb. I didn't take a close look at it so I have no idea of the condition.

The crash damage should be disclosed in the NSXprime ad, but the Craigslist ad states previous damage repair so we should chill with the CL flagging.:smile:

First of all when this car was originally posted on Craigslist last Fri/Sat, she did not disclose any of this information at all. I personally saw the original post on Craigslist. I even personally spoke to the owner via phone and she said it was it "fabulous" condition. She also told me it had never been in an accident. I was going to drive down to check this car out. Instead I had a friend to check it out . He had told me about the door not lining up horizontally and that it has mis-match paint.

That's strange that all of the sudden when she was told about possible frame damage, the entire Craigslist posting changed over night to "rear end damage"??
I'm only posting this to make clear that someone knows exactly what their buying. Why?? I have experienced this type of sale a long time ago and learned a valuable lesson. I got burned!! If I did not care, I would not have responded to the post.

BTW: Before the Posting changes again, here are the exact quotes from the seller on Prime: (Nothing stated about previous accidents.)

"i am moving and i have to sell my beautiful 93 silver NSX. It has black leather interior (no tears), brakes, clutch and timing belt are all perfect. New tires. I just converted the A/C to the new kind. 106k miles. Recent fresh paint job. Really a lovely car. Its only flaw right now is a few rock chips in the front. I wish i didn't have to let it go. $25,000 Calls only please. 413.210.7056"

I know I'm relatively new on this forum, but I feel that Prime members need to be up front and honest with each other and the public.

In New York State if the cost of repair exceeds 75% of the value of the car it must be salvaged and may not be repaired and re-sold.

This is not accurate.

NYS does not prohibit the vehicle from being rebuilt and re-sold but it will have a branded, "salvage" title.

First of all when this car was originally posted on Craigslist last Fri/Sat, she did not disclose any of this information at all. I personally saw the original post on Craigslist. I even personally spoke to the owner via phone and she said it was it "fabulous" condition. She also told me it had never been in an accident. I was going to drive down to check this car out. Instead I had a friend to check it out . He had told me about the door not lining up horizontally and that it has mis-match paint.

That's strange that all of the sudden when she was told about possible frame damage, the entire Craigslist posting changed over night to "rear end damage"??
I'm only posting this to make clear that someone knows exactly what their buying. Why?? I have experienced this type of sale a long time ago and learned a valuable lesson. I got burned!! If I did not care, I would not have responded to the post.

BTW: Before the Posting changes again, here are the exact quotes from the seller on Prime: (Nothing stated about previous accidents.)

"i am moving and i have to sell my beautiful 93 silver NSX. It has black leather interior (no tears), brakes, clutch and timing belt are all perfect. New tires. I just converted the A/C to the new kind. 106k miles. Recent fresh paint job. Really a lovely car. Its only flaw right now is a few rock chips in the front. I wish i didn't have to let it go. $25,000 Calls only please. 413.210.7056"

I know I'm relatively new on this forum, but I feel that Prime members need to be up front and honest with each other and the public.

If the seller did verbally misrepresent the car then that's definitely not kosher and I would warn others to be very wary.

I have no problems with the current CL ad since it discloses previous damage. That was why I didn't feel it was right when you were telling everyone to flag the new ad. If an ad is misrepresenting something then by all means it's our duty to flag it.

I do have a problem with the NSXprime ad since it does not disclose previous damage.

The great thing about the internet is that there is a wealth of information out there.

You had the car inspected so it's perfectly fine for you to post your findings and quite valuable for you to warn potential buyers by posting.

The thing that frustrates me is that do people really expect to find a clean no story 93 Sebring Silver NSX (1 of 26) for $25k? Come on, the low price has got to set off flags. :rolleyes: Just last year someone on Prime picked up a salvage NSX for $25k albeit it was just minor vandalism damage on a low mileage 91. Depending on the price, this car will probably find a home and it's a matter of you get what you pay for.

Otto

If the seller did verbally misrepresent the car then that's definitely not kosher and I would warn others to be very wary.

I have no problems with the current CL ad since it discloses previous damage. That was why I didn't feel it was right when you were telling everyone to flag the new ad. If an ad is misrepresenting something then by all means it's our duty to flag it.

I do have a problem with the NSXprime ad since it does not disclose previous damage.

The great thing about the internet is that there is a wealth of information out there.

You had the car inspected so it's perfectly fine for you to post your findings and quite valuable for you to warn potential buyers by posting.

The thing that frustrates me is that do people really expect to find a clean no story 93 Sebring Silver NSX (1 of 26) for $25k? Come on, the low price has got to set off flags. :rolleyes: Just last year someone on Prime picked up a salvage NSX for $25k albeit it was just minor vandalism damage on a low mileage 91. Depending on the price, this car will probably find a home and it's a matter of you get what you pay for.

Otto

I apologize to the owner on Craigslist for the flagging. I didn't even noticed that she changed the post and disclosed the accident until I saw this reply from Otto. My Bad! Sorry if I came across a little upset and strong. I'll chill out now!!

I did not realize the car had been posted here for sale.

I have edited the NSX Prime ad to include a link to the old ad that discloses the damage to the car in 2005.

I have emailed the seller and given her the option of having the ad removed from Prime or having it remain with the current link.

I have edited the NSX Prime ad to include a link to the old ad that discloses the damage to the car in 2005.

I have emailed the seller and given her the option of having the ad removed from Prime or having it remain with the current link.

Thanks you for monitoring this.

Because the title issue keeps coming up, for those that have not read everything previously posted, the car was not sold with a Wisconsin Salvage title because in Wisconsin a car only gets a Salvage title if it is less than 7 model years old and meets the other criteria.

Salvage vehicle - A vehicle less than seven years old that is not considered junk and damaged by collision or other occurrence (other than from hail damage) to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle is more than 70% of the fair market value. Or, a vehicle of any model year last titled in another jurisdiction with a salvage brand.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/brands.htm

I apologize to the owner on Craigslist for the flagging. I didn't even noticed that she changed the post and disclosed the accident until I saw this reply from Otto. My Bad! Sorry if I came across a little upset and strong. I'll chill out now!!
No problem, we are all passionate about the NSX otherwise we wouldn't be here. If you show up to Concorso next year, I'll buy you a drink. :smile:

I think this is a great solution.

Otto

No problem, we are all passionate about the NSX otherwise we wouldn't be here. If you show up to Concorso next year, I'll buy you a drink. :smile:

I thought for sure we would meet up at Laguna Seca next week since you live in the bay area? I take it your not attending the ALMS at Laguna?

Take care and see ya soon, Joe!

Gabe

Back