buy 1991 or 1995

I currenting looking for a NSX but I am not sure whether to get a 1991 or pay more for a 1995. I love the T top but are there other things that make the 1995 more desirable.

Can you afford a 1997? that's when you get the 3.2 liter and six speed. The next real upgrade is 2002.

gordiphi said:
I currenting looking for a NSX but I am not sure whether to get a 1991 or pay more for a 1995. I love the T top but are there other things that make the 1995 more desirable.

Again, "desirable" is a highly subjective term. To many owners, "not" having a T-Top roof is more "desirable" than having one.

Just get the most car that you can afford.

Depending on your budget, do you want to mod the car? If so, then get the 91. If you want to leave it stock, then get the 95.
Done and done.

If you want a (T), you know you have to get a 95+ model.

I love the T.

Good luck on your seach.

Brian
95 T (present)
94 coupe (sold)

The T-top is fantastic. Nothing beats the open top and your exhaust blarring to 8,000 rpm!

if you want a track car or faster car get the 91
if you want a cruise car or slightly slower car get the 1995
or like stated above save alittle more and get the best of both worlds and get a 97+

I also love the T top.

I pull it out EVERY time Im able, even for 15 minute drives.

It improves the experience a fair bit IMO (off track).

The 1991 I am considering is completely stock with 81k miles.
The 1995 has T top, alloy rims, comptech headers, comptech exhaust, and comptech air induction system. Everything else is stock with 57k miles.
Price 27k vs 40k respectively.
The car will be used as a weekend+ car for excitement and stress release. No track activities expected but I want to be able to compete if necessary:smile:.
Unless I can get a 1997 for less than 45k I can't buy it and still live with my wife:frown: .
With your experience, what would you do?

If you want to enjoy driving around in the open air with the roof panel stowed away, then get the '95.

If you want to make sure the car will be accepted for any possible track events you might consider, and/or if you don't care about open-air motoring and you'd rather save $13K, then get the '91.

Your money, take your pick.

Incidentally, the term "T top" usually refers to a non-NSX car with two side-by-side removable roof panels with a center frame that remains when they are removed. We know you're referring to the NSX-T with its single removable roof panel, though.

4 years newer, 24,000 less miles, a targa top, nicer wheels, and comptech gear... for 13K, its well worth it to me. This would be my choice hands down. If its a weekend/fun car, the Targa top adds a whole other experience. And you already have some nice Comptech parts to boot. Like I said... easy choice for me.

You can also save 13k and mod the car the way you like if you go for the 91. I personally think if you go for a 95 you might as well be patient and try to get a 97. The 97 has alot more upgrades besides the 3.2 and 6 speed. They upgraded the brakes,tcs, etc. If you wait long enough it'll show up.

95 has shorter gearing than a stock 91. IMO the shorties have to be done to reach the same level of acceleration fun. :) But condition and service history would be my most important aspects.

Back