Buffer for an nsx

Your best bet for a novice detailer, is the Porter Cable 7424XP. It can be found with most detail supply stores.

It's user friendly, and while it doesn't exactly require experience to use, you will want to more importantly research the products to use with it. The pads and polishes namely.

I'd be happy to help you more on your search if you'd like! Just do not mate a Rotary buffer with your NSX!!

If you're just starting out I would recommend any type of Dual Action buffer. You can get slightly better results faster with a rotary but if you don't have any experience with one it's easy to accidentally burn through the paint.

The Porter Cable 7424XP is a solid DA that's fairly affordable.
http://autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html

As far as what products to use that really depends on the car and the paint, there is no magic set of polishes that will be the best for every car. Don't be afraid to try different products and see what works best for you.

I personally really like Optimum's line of polishes.

Your best bet for a novice detailer, is the Porter Cable 7424XP. It can be found with most detail supply stores.

It's user friendly, and while it doesn't exactly require experience to use, you will want to more importantly research the products to use with it. The pads and polishes namely.

I'd be happy to help you more on your search if you'd like! Just do not mate a Rotary buffer with your NSX!!

There is nothing wrong with a rotary buffer in the right set of hands :wink:

20.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

Last edited:
Once you master the PC 7424 you can move to the Flex XC3496 (I think)

It will cut your time in half with better result but the PC 7424 is a great usit to learn on.

I say you might as well buy the flex if you're down to spend the extra cash. It will save you time and buffing takes A LOT of time. The flex is also more powerful so it can get out stuff the PC can't. Plus, you will probably want to sell your PC to upgrade to it at a later time anyways... that's why I skipped it altogether. I bought my flex kit from chemicalguys bc they have low prices and good support, and you can find coupons online for them to bring the cost down a bit. You can get good results with either machine so it's up to you and your budget. Here's my thread on my flex experiments: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135674

Last edited:
I say you might as well buy the flex if you're down to spend the extra cash. It will save you time and buffing takes A LOT of time. The flex is also more powerful so it can get out stuff the PC can't. Plus, you will probably want to sell your PC to upgrade to it at a later time anyways... that's why I skipped it altogether. I bought my flex kit from chemicalguys bc they have low prices and good support, and you can find coupons online for them to bring the cost down a bit.

Ditto on everything recommended here. PC slow and safe, Flex faster and can be safe, too. The Flex is capable of damaging paint on the high speeds though but honestly, the time you will save using the Flex is worth every penny not to mention the added capabilities. Also Chemical Guys products are highly recommended by detailers alike...

Back