• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B'Stone Potenza RE010- Advice

Time for a new set of tires and I thought I would go with some OEM Bridgestones. Car had well worn Yoko's when I got it, ride was a bit rough. I've read the Bridgestones give a bit smoother ride and pretty good performance.

I'm running 16's on the front and 17's on the rear. If I stay with the reccomended size for the front, 215/45-16, it's Bridgestones, Yoko's or a much cheaper Dunlop Direzza DZ101. I know I can go to 205/45 and open my selection, but for this first set I'd like to stick with OEM type tire and size.

Anyway, I'm ordering tires on Monday and there's not a whole lot on prime about the RE010's, so wondering if I could get some input/reviews from anyone whose used them. Any reason why I should not get them?

Car is being used as a frequent driver by the wife (on nice days), but I drive pretty aggressively when I have it... and am only 15 mi. from Road Atlanta :biggrin: No track time yet, but it'll happen sooner than later.

WaltL said:
Time for a new set of tires and I thought I would go with some OEM Bridgestones. Car had well worn Yoko's when I got it, ride was a bit rough. I've read the Bridgestones give a bit smoother ride and pretty good performance.

I'm running 16's on the front and 17's on the rear. If I stay with the reccomended size for the front, 215/45-16, it's Bridgestones, Yoko's or a much cheaper Dunlop Direzza DZ101. I know I can go to 205/45 and open my selection, but for this first set I'd like to stick with OEM type tire and size.

Anyway, I'm ordering tires on Monday and there's not a whole lot on prime about the RE010's, so wondering if I could get some input/reviews from anyone whose used them. Any reason why I should not get them?

Car is being used as a frequent driver by the wife (on nice days), but I drive pretty aggressively when I have it... and am only 15 mi. from Road Atlanta :biggrin: No track time yet, but it'll happen sooner than later.

The OEM Yokos gave me sharper handling but more tramlining..the OEM RE010's seemed softer, still handled well but shorter life. That's the short story on 8 sets of tires on 4 cars (4 sets of Yokos and 4 of the RE010s). My opinion is that the tires that were specifically engineered for the NSX, '91 - '01, are the best tire choice for the OEM wheel set-up. Of the two I'd buy the Bridgestones.

i'd have to agree with the advice above... I used the RE010's for track use and they do work well... however the lifespan was just shy of pathetic. IMO, get the Michelin PS2's.... they're what i'm using now and they have awesome grip and great life... of course you pay for that too...

x

My experience was that the RE010 seemed a little noisier than the Yoko, lasted only about 8000 miles as opposed to Yoko(about 9000 miles) with similar performance; I've also tried Pirelli P-zero (didn't feel right for the car), and currently I'm using Toyo T-1R 225/45/16 & 255/40/17. Not as sticky, but much cheaper and still going strong after a couple of track events.:confused:

Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and ordered the RE010's and they should be here soon. The car is sitting in my shop, since Thursday, with a little orange spare... just waiting...and waiting...and waiting some more.:frown:

If you can get some Potenza RE-01
LOL
(Racing JGTC/Super GT slick NSX tires would give a lot of grip! but costly and hell in the rain)

Can you guys advise the availability of the Bridgestone REO10 HO's in the US, I have been informed by Bridgestone Europe that these are now out of production and that there are no more left in European warehouses.

AdnanVCS said:
If you can get some Potenza RE-01
LOL
The RE01R is available in North America, but not in sizes to fit the NSX.

simonprelude said:
Can you guys advise the availability of the Bridgestone REO10 HO's in the US, I have been informed by Bridgestone Europe that these are now out of production and that there are no more left in European warehouses.
H0 is the designation that Yokohama (but not Bridgestone) gives to its OEM NSX tires in the 16"/17" sizes (215/45-16 and 245/40-17). The Bridgestone Potenza RE010 is still being manufactured in these sizes and all four tires are in stock at the Tire Rack. The Yokohama A022 H0 is also still being manufactured in these sizes; left front tires are on back order, and the other three tires are in stock.

Back