Brooklands Green

26000 light years from the nearest black hole
I recently bought this 94 from one of our forum members.
I had the car receive a complete and thorough going over and it is now running like new. I am in the process of making it as light as I can without removing the A/c (Texas heat). It currently weighs about 2815 lbs with a quarter of a tank of gas.

I painted the calipers just a few days ago as well.
DSCN1741.jpg

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1729.jpg

DSCN1733.jpg

I had a 2004 S2000 that I bought after I sold my first black 94 NSX. The S2k was a great car and a blast to drive but it just could not take the place of the NSX and was therefore sold.

Looks good I take it that was Aaron's car? I hope he sold it to you with the passenger seat. :D

What all did you take out?

the ff:

passenger seat
spare tire
tire bracket
all tools, jack, pump
front vertical metal "things" used to transport the car (5 lbs)
speaker in passenger footwell (5 lbs)
wipers
heavy battery
floor mats
engine cover to be removed today
The Wheels are very light Prodrive monoblock forged wheels that are about 12 lbs lighter (all four considered together)
When my current S-03 tires need replacing I intend to try Toyo which are apparently some of the lightest Ultra High performance tires in the sizes I need

I still have the oem heavy exhaust but the after market units are all too loud and if they are not loud they are not light enough to justify the expense

I think any further weight reduction will entail spending $$$.

If not for the Texas heat that heavy A/C would surely go.

Don't forget the extra 50 lbs you saved by changing the driver too :D :D :D

Looks great, especially the calipers!

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, she is in good hands, again. And

I cannot imagine that you are anything but a couple of pounds heavier than I am.;)

I have now removed the engine cover and the car should therefore be right around 2800 pounds; that is 10.37 lbs/hp which is better than that of my ex-Supra TT (3480/320=10.87), and what is more, I can feel the difference. The car feels lithe and light. Keeping the rpms at about 3500 in 2nd or 3rd gear and a quick jab at the throttle producing instant and a very gratifying push into the seat back :cool:

My favorite NSX color! Its too bad they are so rare, I'll never find one. The color looks pretty close to my '97 Prelude's eucalyptus green(bad lighting in this pic)
P1010139.JPG

ItsBettrThatWay said:
My favorite NSX color! Its too bad they are so rare, I'll never find one.
You can find them. It just takes a long time. It took me a year to find mine. I overpaid slightly and knew it, but got a perfect car.

Re: Thanks Aaron, she is in good hands, again. And

liftcontrol said:
I cannot imagine that you are anything but a couple of pounds heavier than I am.;)

I have now removed the engine cover and the car should therefore be right around 2800 pounds; that is 10.37 lbs/hp which is better than that of my ex-Supra TT (3480/320=10.87), and what is more, I can feel the difference. The car feels lithe and light. Keeping the rpms at about 3500 in 2nd or 3rd gear and a quick jab at the throttle producing instant and a very gratifying push into the seat back :cool:

Does the car have short gears?

It looks beautiful Green with Tan is IMO one of the classiest combos around. Congrats!

wow..that looks good liftcontrol..like brand new off the showroom, very classy..now u will have to come to the get togethers to show her off!;)

I thought really hard about that car, but I really wanted a "T" so I held out.

Beautiful car, enjoy.

Thank you gentlemen. Your kind words are appreciated!

:)
It is amazing how one needs to wash and wax and treat the rubber and plastic and clean all those out of the way places as a way of bonding with the car. I can honestly say that I have cleaned and waxed and polished in places that the Sun never shines in....labor of love:)

I noticed that there is a 13K mile one for sale on ebay. A little pricey...but if you have to have Green...

no connection with seller

I got mine in minnesota

I wanted an nsx and had never seen a green one. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it in person. I would like to find out how many green nsxs were imported to the usa in 94. Any way to find out?

Attachments

• nsxavatar.jpg
    nsxavatar.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 767
Re: I got mine in minnesota

subayai said:
I wanted an nsx and had never seen a green one. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it in person. I would like to find out how many green nsxs were imported to the usa in 94. Any way to find out?

For starters, congrats on getting the best color NSX ever made :D

If you have not checked in with the green/black roof thread, please do so as we have many of the cars accounted for. It can be found here : http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7005&highlight=brooklands+green

Per the FAQ there are 260 Brooklands Green Pearl cars here in the US. That info can he found here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/productionnumbers.htm

Have fun!
Aaron

dynamicNSX said:
JPS Europa - I bought that car. Total garage queen. Truly looks brand new. I am lucky.
That is how mine was. Now drive it and make you and your new car happy. I don't recall if all the maintenance was up to date on that car. I changed all the fluids and timing belt myself after I bought mine and that it made it feel like it was truly mine...all mine. Congrats.

Not only was the maintenance up to date, it went way, way beyond what most extremely anal-retentive people would do. 13,500 miles, and the seller spent $2900 on a complete service just before the sale (timing belt, all fluids, etc.). It was a one-owner car from a local in Naples, FL. In my opinion a rare, incredible find. Upon delivery I took it to Devin Pearce at Payn Motorsports, and he proclaimed it one of the cleanest NSX's he has seen. I purchased it never having seen the green person before. Wow - its the right color for this car.

Back