Bronx Zoo outing 8/14

RSO 34 said:
My best was 50 plus a shake. I figure Miled should easily triple my personal best.

Does eating two 1-pound burgers at Fuddruckers qualify?
What about three double Woppers?

I feel the pain in my chest just by remembering this.

WEATHER ALERT!

As of right now it looks like we are going to get hit with Bonnie and Charley over the next several days and the prediction for Saturday is that it will be a washout. Check here late Friday for any change in plans. Is Sunday good for anyone depending upon how these storms track?

These weather guys on TV can't make up there minds. Now they are saying that Saturday is supposed to be good through late in the day so I guess we will have to wait and see if we actually get that window between the two storms coming up the coast.

As of right now the predictions are that Saturday will be okay until late in the day so we should be on. Obviously, if the storm track changes then we could still get hit but we should be able to get together.

Absent a major overnight storm shift we are good to go tomorrow. I will be picking up Peter and Sylvia and will be in the E55 at the far end of the parking lot off of Exit 6 of the Bronx Parkway.

We braved the weather and only had a quick 15 minute downpour during the day. I'm sure The Don and Tony will post their photos later and mine will be up shortly.

It was a very enjoyable day and my first time to the Bronx Zoo.

Here is a link to my pictures:

http://adejoie.smugmug.com/gallery/192515

7325511-L.jpg

7325517-L.jpg

7326813-L.jpg

7326079-L.jpg

7325691-L.jpg

7326048-L.jpg

7325684-L.jpg

7326109-L.jpg

7326772-L.jpg

7326805-L.jpg

7326816-L.jpg

7327307-L.jpg

7327300-L.jpg

7327389-L.jpg

7327400-L.jpg

Last edited:
Great Pictures!!!

On the color photos, the colors are so vivid, details so crisp, that maybe you should give up law and go full time on the photography thing!! (at least my divorce could be delayed by this action!!!). Sorry I missed the day but a 90th birthday party has to take priority over a day at the zoo. Hope that you had a great time:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Roger, but unfortunately I already told your wife that she was entitled to 150% of everything you own plus my fee is 50% on top of that so I guess you better get a second job fast in case I don't take your advice and quit practicing law.

7350653-L.jpg

7350648-L.jpg

7350662-L.jpg

7350651-L-1.jpg

7350649-L.jpg

7350654-L.jpg

7350652-L.jpg

7355373-L.jpg

7355377-L.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...I go to Jamaica for 1 week and I miss all the action!! it looks like you guys posted this right as I left, too bad I missed out, KAR and I would have loved going to the zoo. You guys took some great photos. See ya all soon.

photos look even better than I thought they would. Great compensation for the dreary weather. Next time I leave my camera home!

So where is our next adventure?

Don, with the demise of the "River Run"

thedon67 said:
photos look even better than I thought they would. Great compensation for the dreary weather. Next time I leave my camera home!

So where is our next adventure?

and the absence of the "independent" Poker Rally ( it will be at NSXPO this year, I think that it's time for .......

"BOB'S BEDFORD BLAST" There are some great roads up in that neck of the woods, and there's a house with a swimming pool, a great photographer, sometime attorney, and all around great guy who's just looking for an excuse to engage the local gendarmes.
Bob, what do you say, I'd be willing to lend a hand with some of the planning, but it's "your event" Come on how about it Bob!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back