Bride Stradia Seat Test Fitment in NA2 NSX, Good News w/ Pics!

Well first I have to say special thanks to another prime member since without him this fitment testing would not be possible. NSXAMG996TT graciously dropped off his new pair of Bride "RO" rails for me to do some test fitments since these rails are like a 1 month backorder!

I happen to have both a Bride EURO II and Stradia Low Max (low bolster verision of the GIAS) in my s2000 so I pulled the seats out of that car last night to do some test fitments and measurements.

The first picture shows the Bride Rail part numbers, the rail I used was the "RO" rail NSX specific fitment.
IMG_1925.jpg

Amazingly the OEM seats were super easy to remove with just 4 bolts. I took great care not to scratch anything. The seat belt anchor is bolted to the seat so I just moved the entire assembly to the side for now as I'm not actually installing the seat. There's only one harness to unplug and with no airbag in the seats, simply unplug it and remove the seat.
IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

After removing the OEM seat, I wanted a side by side comparo to see which seat is actually taller. The Bride seat is slightly taller sitting on the rail but the seating position is actually lower because of the cushion design. The OEM cushion is just too thick with virtually no side bolster support. The Bride seat feels so much more racy but NOT uncomfortable.
IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

I'm quite familiar with the Bride Stadia seat and it's a perfect fit for me at 6'2, 175 lbs and I wear a size 33 waist on a good day...hahaha

So my main goal was to not lose leg room and gain at least 1-2" of headroom and mission was accomplished :)

This is a great mix of having a support seat, still maintains the recline feature and also relatively comfortable. (I would not want to be in a suit but there's always a slight trade-off) The OEM seats are super comfortable but simple too high for my height.

**THE ONLY THING YOU CAN'T DO WITH THIS SEAT IS SLIDE INTO THE CAR LIKE THE OEM BECAUSE YOU WILL GET A NICE WEDGE SHOT IN YOUR ASS. YOU MUST LOWER YOURSELF INTO THIS SEAT LIKE OTHER RACE SEATS!

Again I did some test fitments with the OEM seat on the pass. side and the Bride Stradia seat on the driver's side. Just looking at pics, you think the Bride seat is taller slightly. However once you sit in the actual seat, the position is MUCH LOWER! Sitting on the pass. side my hair hits the roof. I can barely get my hand between my head and the roof. Sitting in the driver's seat, I had at least 1.5" more of headroom and was very comfortable!

here's are a few more pics of the seat inside the car:

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

So in conclusion, the Bride "RO" rail teamed with a Bride Stradia Low Max seat is the ultimate combo for those who wish to have a supportive seat that still can maintain the recline feature AND GAIN 1.5-2" OF HEADROOM! :) :)

Only negative is the cost factor since these Bride seats run about $1300 for the FRP version to $1800 for a Kevlar backing version. I want these seats in red so now just have to decide if I want to spend about $4000 total for the seats since the rails are additional cost.

Hope this write-up helps some of you guys....

thanks again to NSXAMG996TT :)

rick

Great thread! Just a few questions:

1. Do the bride rails align perfectly to the NSX bolt locations? Any modifications needed to the rails, or is is simply a "plug and play" application.

2. I assume those are originally S2000 rails, are s2000 rails interchangable with the NSX (due to what I stated above)?

3. What needs to be done so the airbag light doesn't come on?

Thanks

Great thread! Just a few questions:

1. Do the bride rails align perfectly to the NSX bolt locations? Any modifications needed to the rails, or is is simply a "plug and play" application.

2. I assume those are originally S2000 rails, are s2000 rails interchangable with the NSX (due to what I stated above)?

3. What needs to be done so the airbag light doesn't come on?

Thanks

Synth, maybe I didn't make myself too clear but:

1) Bride rail sits perfectly over the OEM holes as shown in that picture. That rails is an NSX SPECIFIC "RO" RAIL.

2) NO, I only showed the s2000 rail in comparo since the seat was pulled from my 2005 s2000. I'm using Bride NSX SPECIFIC "ROL rails :)

3) There is NO AIRBAG concern since there is no airbag in the NSX seats.

rick

Could you post part #s & where to get them? Is the rail specific for each side of the car or it fits either side? I need at least 2 inches of headroom to fit with a helmet on.

I'm assuming no weight savings? did you gain weight? recliners plus the heavy brackets makes me thing there would be no weight loss. :frown:

I guess the concern I have, is you're getting ready to drop $4k on a set of bride cloth seats, when you could purchase used oem type S seats for around $6k - if you're already spending the cash, the OEM seats will still be worth $6k when you sell your car, while the brides will be worth $2k or less. The OEM seats would also be lighter, and are designed to fit into the car.

I suppose if its a seat you're familiar with, and everything fits, then this test had a good result, but those are spendy for cloth/FRP seats. If you had purchased them, I wouldn't say anything, but it seems like you only have the rails; if you're still deciding, perhaps another option is to wait for a set of used OEM seats.

I guess the concern I have, is you're getting ready to drop $4k on a set of bride cloth seats, when you could purchase used oem type S seats for around $6k - if you're already spending the cash, the OEM seats will still be worth $6k when you sell your car, while the brides will be worth $2k or less. The OEM seats would also be lighter, and are designed to fit into the car.

I suppose if its a seat you're familiar with, and everything fits, then this test had a good result, but those are spendy for cloth/FRP seats. If you had purchased them, I wouldn't say anything, but it seems like you only have the rails; if you're still deciding, perhaps another option is to wait for a set of used OEM seats.

You make some EXCELLENT points there which is why I need to re-think this a bit more....The Bride seats I will be using will be the RED Kevlar version, those black ones are just test mules from my s2000 :)

I have to check the market to see if there are even red NSX-R seats available and what that would cost me with rails. If I used NSX-R seats will I be able to retain my power seat controls? I'm not too familiar with this conversion yet.

Bride Red Kevlar Stradia's will run about $3000 roughly for the pair + rails so well under $4000.

A NSX-R setup will easily cost me double so not sure I want to invest that much.

Weight savings wise, the Bride's do weigh quite a bit less than the OEM seats so I'm sure there is probably a good 5-10 pound savings per side plus in my case a nice 1-2" of headroom gain.

TyraNSX: You can visit the Bride site for the complete list but here's the RO part numbers (H113RO and H114RO) It's not buying the parts that is hard but rather the LONG wait times :(

rick

Looks good, but only leather for my ass :biggrin:

Brides do also come in leather. :) As far as pricing goes, you can certainly get a set of authentic brides for alot LESS then 4k. Just depends on the model/type, and there is also the "slightly used" option. Bride seats are all universal, you just need the RIGHT rail to make them work for the specific car (hence my earlier question).

Looks good, but only leather for my ass :biggrin:

The Brides are only ~1400 (even for the carbon kevlar version). So the price is MUCH cheaper than the Type S or Type R seats. And the main objective here was to gain headroom, and IIRC, the Type R and Type S seats actually cause a LOSS of headroom as they sit taller than the stock seats.

OK as I mentioned in my other post, the factory seat sits as close to the carpet as you can get. The reason you lose headroom is that it has 3-4 inches of cushion.

How close to the carpet does the ass part of the Bride seat sit?

What is the Stradia? It is not on Bride's website. Is it discontinued?

Wouldn't there be a benefit in getting a non-reclining seat in regular FRP, saving the cost and the weight? Do you really need to recline in the NSX?

Why Bride? What is the hot thing about Bride?

Can you get Bride without the "BRIDE" lettering?

Rick I am not sure gaining 1-2" is enough for a helmet. 2 Maybe, 1, no. That seat cushion like the dali one gave me 2-3 AT LEAST.

Oh and thanks for the hard work and post.

Get the dali cushion or have an upholstry shop custom make one for you and stop the race/sport seat insanity!:wink:

Get the dali cushion or have an upholstry shop custom make one for you and stop the race/sport seat insanity!:wink:

I would do that but I have silver seats. Which are no longer made. I am starting to wear the side bolsters. I also would like some more thigh support. Saving weight is a bonus. If I had black seats that could be re-done, I'd just stick with them.

The Brides are only ~1400 (even for the carbon kevlar version). So the price is MUCH cheaper than the Type S or Type R seats. And the main objective here was to gain headroom, and IIRC, the Type R and Type S seats actually cause a LOSS of headroom as they sit taller than the stock seats.

I was basing my comment off the $4000 figure the OP posted, I am not familiar with bride seat pricing.

If the pair ends up being $3k, compared to $6k, obviously there is a substantial price difference - at $4k, with the resale hit, the OEM seems like a better option - any OEM recaro type R or type S seat is not going to depreciate, there is a strong market for the seats, they feel great, they're lightweight, and they're designed to fit into the nsx. As far as headroom is concerned, the design of the seat bottom results in a different driving position, which provides a slight headroom benefit.

It depends on how much you like the bride's, what kind of deal you can manage to get on the type S, what kind of deal you can get on the brides, and what is important to you.

Re: the power rail question, the OEM type R or type S seats are installed on their own set of rails, which have a power option.

Just a heads up to the OP:

I don't think you have the low-cushion version of the seat. From the pics, it looks like the regular seat cushion.

Low Cushion:

nengun-1418-00-bride-stradia.gif

Regular Cushion:

nengun-1417-00-bride-stradia_sport.gif

Your pic:

IMG_1930.jpg

You can gain more headroom if you get the low-cushion.

I also believe your seat is called the Bride Stradia Sport.

They have the Bride Stradia (which has kevlar backing)

and the Stradia Sport (FRP backing).

Also, the only difference between the Stradia and the GIAS is that the GIAS has taller sides flanking your legs for more support. The Stradia has lower sides, thus making ingress and egress easier for DD.

Just a heads up to anyone who needs a cliff-notes version of the Brides.

I was basing my comment off the $4000 figure the OP posted, I am not familiar with bride seat pricing.

If the pair ends up being $3k, compared to $6k, obviously there is a substantial price difference - at $4k, with the resale hit, the OEM seems like a better option - any OEM recaro type R or type S seat is not going to depreciate, there is a strong market for the seats, they feel great, they're lightweight, and they're designed to fit into the nsx. As far as headroom is concerned, the design of the seat bottom results in a different driving position, which provides a slight headroom benefit.

It depends on how much you like the bride's, what kind of deal you can manage to get on the type S, what kind of deal you can get on the brides, and what is important to you.

Re: the power rail question, the OEM type R or type S seats are installed on their own set of rails, which have a power option.

Can I buy just one Type S or Type R seat? How much would that cost to get it to my door? And how would I even go about doing it? Do I buy from Honda, Recaro or do I have to search Japanese retailers?

How close to the carpet does the ass part of the Bride seat sit?

What is the Stradia? It is not on Bride's website. Is it discontinued?

Wouldn't there be a benefit in getting a non-reclining seat in regular FRP, saving the cost and the weight? Do you really need to recline in the NSX?
QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion as I'm not an expert on Bride products either but I think KSXNSX did a really good job of explaining some of my mistakes. I guess I have the regular cushion on my Stradia "sport" seat and it's plenty low for me in the s2000 and works perfect in the NSX as well. I never intend to track the car so helmet use is not of concern to me but it's nice to know I can get a lower cushion if I ever needed more headroom in case I'm still growing...haha :)

My MAIN GOAL was just to get a few inches more of headroom in the car but another side goal was to remove the OEM seats so not to put any wear/tear on them. I don't want to modify the oem seat cushions or molest them in any form as this car is a pretty rare car. I think the previous owner did the same thing hence the perfect condition of the oem leather seats.

There are plenty of bucket/non-reclining seats on the market but I will always prefer a reclining seat for 2 reasons: I'm picky on how I sit in relation to the wheel and a bucket never gives me a full range of motions. Also my g/f is shorter and on long road trips she likes to sleep in the car so having a bucket is a BIG NO NO.....

I took that front profile picture to show you the Rail relation to the carpet and as you can see, it's literally FLAT with the floor boards. All the holes line up near perfect so installation should be quite simple.

IMG_1939.jpg

I'm really not familiar with NSX-R seats or the required rails needed, etc so if anyone can chime in here that would be awesome. I don't think I would go the NSX-R route but would be nice to know.

I'll weight each rail later tonight and then I'll weigh the seats mounted so we can get a total weight per side.

What do the OEM seats weigh?

What do the NSX-R seats weigh?

This entire testing reminds me of my s2000 seat quest journey.....haha

thanks,
rick

na2 nsx r seats with power rail is 20lbs.

they bolt right in, just like oem (b/c they are oem).
need to move the wiring from the passenger seat to the driver seat (as the passenger seat wiring includes a wire for the seat belt receiver which is on the usdm driver side)

One of my most satisfying mods, steve (NSX1) aslo did this and did a very nice write up on the installation

na2 nsx r seats with power rail is 20lbs.

they bolt right in, just like oem (b/c they are oem).
need to move the wiring from the passenger seat to the driver seat (as the passenger seat wiring includes a wire for the seat belt receiver which is on the usdm driver side)

One of my most satisfying mods, steve (NSX1) aslo did this and did a very nice write up on the installation

well my antique bathroom scale is not the most accurate but it showed the rails weighed 9.5 lbs each

I don't have my Bride seat out of the car anymore so I wonder if Bride lists the weight of their Stradia Sport seats in FRP?

but regardless 20lbs for the NSX-R is SUPER LIGHT if that is with everything!

rk

Back