• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Bought my NSX from SOURCENSX - A++

This is my first post on Prime. I recently bought my '92 Sebring Silver NSX - jh4na1157nt001153 from Brian and it was my first NSX so I was a bit anxious. I researched and test drove NSXs before buying, but since this was an out of state transaction I felt I had more at stake and it could be harder to transact. My experience proved to be exactly the opposite.

Brian at Source 1 Automotive is a stand-up guy and tells it straight. The items he listed in the ad as mechanical upgrades or service items were backed up with receipts. In the ad, he voluntarily ranked the mechanical condition and the body/paint and I found these to be even under-ranked, so he was not trying to do a "sales job" on the buyer. Upon my request, he even took the car over to a local Acura dealer and I had them perform a compression test. A+ compression results and mechanical soundness verified.

In general, the vehicle ranked very well, so I made an offer contingent upon my physical inspection and he accepted. I was still anxious about my hands-on inspection because of the subjectivity involved. I flew out and when I saw the car was really impressed. It was obvious that he under-played the body and paint condition and my test drive verified the soundness of the car. We completed the transaction, and I drove it home (17 hours) and was (and still am) delighted at my purchase.

It has been two months since, and I have never looked back. My NSX has lived up to Brian's word of its very good condition. Brian was a real gentleman to do business with and I highly recommend either buying parts or a car from him. If it is his to sell, it will be right when you buy it. Despite being many states away, I have texted Brian or called him since the transaction, and he has been a great resource for me as I get to know my NSX.

I even took my NSX recently to the local NSX "guru" as listed on Prime for an oil change and wanted to establish a relationship with him for the future so I had him perform a detailed inspection. He verified the work that Brian had listed in the ad as having been done and the condition and told me that I bought "a good one".

I am really happy with the way things worked out since I am now a devoted NSX driver and feel 100% confidence in my car and my purchase. Thanks, Brian for making my 2010! The best of everything in 2011!

Brian is a great guy. His tech did the PPI on my 05 before I picked it up on Ohio. He's extremely nice and helpful.

Back