Bought another NSX off of Prime!

Hi guys, Im finally back in the family again. I sold my berlina black nsx back in 07 and went through about 6 cars pretty fast....comparing each of them to my previous NSX. I was never really satisfied with any of the other cars that I bought. I first purchased an 05 anniv. version 350z which I didnt enjoy at all, then I decided that I would order a new z51 3LT C6 6 speed which I didnt like either because the power is in the wrong spot. Next, I bought an 07 335i sedan 6 speed with the sport & premium package...too big and not very nimble. The transmission felt slushy for a manual. Then I bought an 06 M roadster. Although it was fun to drive, it was too small for me (6'2"). The NSX just seemed to fit me perfectly and it never let me down. Plenty of power, great handling, and it just seemed to have an aura about it (aura...does that make sense?)

I told you all of the above to get to this: I purchased a 1992 off of prime a couple of days ago and the seller should receive my cashiers check today. I should have the (new to me) car before the weekend. Hopefully I will find a shipper today or tomorrow. Here is the link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126784

The only thing that Im not sure about are the wheels. I may try some gold or bronze volks :)

Im really excited about the transmission....has short gears and it cost like 7k for the complete transmission rebuild (was in snap ring range, but has docs proving that it was repaired). Instead of just repairing it, everything was replaced with type r stuff. That means that this car will definitely feel different opposed to my 91 that had its factory transmission. This 92 is a well documented car with no accidents and original paint (except the front upper bumper was painted to get rid of rock chips).

Sorry for rambling and I will post pictures as soon as I get the car. Thanks Prime.

I saw the pictures from the original seller and that car looks awesome. Very clean, even the underside of the car was clean..... The wheels look very unique, I'd keep them. Looks like you got a great car....

I noticed that car as well. I like to browse NSXs for sale just to keep abreast of what's out there. If I was interested in buying another, this one would have been on my short list.

It's interesting to hear about your other car experiences. While I do not have extensive experience in other cars, the NSX does have a special feel when you get behind the wheel as we all know. Enjoy and welcome back to the club!

I saw the pictures from the original seller and that car looks awesome. Very clean, even the underside of the car was clean..... The wheels look very unique, I'd keep them. Looks like you got a great car....

Thanks. From talking to the current owner, the underside is just as nice as the top side. He is very meticulus. He said that it looks absolutely brand new underneath with all the paint markings etc from the factory. As for the wheels, I may really like them when I see them in person. They are custom made ccw wheels that were around 4k for the wheels alone! Im just not used to showing so much of my brakes :) I had the gt-c wheels on my black NSX and really liked those, but I dont think they would look good on red for some reason....maybe a bronze gt-u. I wont know until I get it here.

Heres a pic of my previous car:
DSC00898.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

I agree with you on the wheels. I never liked chrome wheels on a sports car. You cant go wrong with bronze volks.

So it looks like the ad for the car was posted on Monday and it sold in 2 days??

Welcome back and dont let Batmans bait you into a discussion on why the C6 is better than the NSX.

Please elaborate.:confused:

C6 is the latest gen Corvette (mine was an 08)
z51 is the track pack
3LT was the power seats, hud, heated seats, etc
6 speed transmission

What I meant by the power being in the wrong spot is that all the power seems to be very low in the rpm range. I like "usable" power thats near the top of the rpm band.....if all your power is down low, its dangerous and just basically for spinning tires imo. If its up top, you can enjoy it more. Please understand, this is a matter of opinion.

C6 is the latest gen Corvette (mine was an 08)
z51 is the track pack
3LT was the power seats, hud, heated seats, etc
6 speed transmission

What I meant by the power being in the wrong spot is that all the power seems to be very low in the rpm range. I like "usable" power thats near the top of the rpm band.....if all your power is down low, its dangerous and just basically for spinning tires imo. If its up top, you can enjoy it more. Please understand, this is a matter of opinion.

Couldn't agree with you more. Mustangs suffer from the same affliction which is why I have stayed away from American muscle all these years. The Germans and a few Japanese manuf. know how to build engines with a nice torque/horsepower curve.

Congrats on the car, please put me on the list for those wheels if you decide you don't like them...would look great on my red '93. Also did you get the spare exhuast? Something you would be willing to get rid of?

.....What I meant by the power being in the wrong spot is that all the power seems to be very low in the rpm range. I like "usable" power thats near the top of the rpm band.....if all your power is down low, its dangerous and just basically for spinning tires imo. If its up top, you can enjoy it more. Please understand, this is a matter of opinion.

C6

1EC_Chart_2.jpg

NSX

mjdynoday1.jpg

I think what you might be feeling is a drop in TQ as oppose to the HP.

Man, it looks like you got quite a special car. Wow and with all that special stuff on it and I didn't even see the reference by the seller about the transmission. So tell me what all the "R" stuff is in the transmission? I know very little about that.

Also I have to ask about the regular maintenance issues like the timing belt, water pump, hoses, and clutch - how is that end. When was all that replaced last? I'm just curious cause if all that was up to date you got a "smokin" deal! I like the wheels too. I would not trade out for anything till you drive those around for a while.

Actually I'll say this if all the regular maintenance is up to date it seems like you got it under market value!

Congrats - a really pretty car and the interior is really nice and a great color combo - that's got to be pretty rare for that combo. Anyone know how many of these were produced?:smile:

Couldn't agree with you more. Mustangs suffer from the same affliction which is why I have stayed away from American muscle all these years. The Germans and a few Japanese manuf. know how to build engines with a nice torque/horsepower curve.

Congrats on the car, please put me on the list for those wheels if you decide you don't like them...would look great on my red '93. Also did you get the spare exhuast? Something you would be willing to get rid of?

If youre interested in the wheels, I will put you at the top of the list. The car does include the factory wheels and a comptech exhaust which I would also sell. I had comptech on my black car and really enjoyed it, but this exhaust that is on it was very expensive, so I will probably keep it. If you want to be on the list for the wheels and the comptech exhaust, pm me :) I'll see what I can come up with for you as a package deal.

Dhalsim, interesting that it sold in 2 days but it doesn't surprise me - like I said if the maintenance is up to date - this was a super smokin deal and hence the 2 days! You price em low and it's no wonder they sell.

You need to post on the thread where everyone wants to give away money on a white 2000 that has had no maintenance and sat for 1 year and needs a clutch and a bunch of other stuff and paint in places - someone said it was worth 44k - crazy man! The guy selling that one will be sitting a long time compared to this deal - really good deal. I really want to hear about the tranny....:wink:

Man, it looks like you got quite a special car. Wow and with all that special stuff on it and I didn't even see the reference by the seller about the transmission. So tell me what all the "R" stuff is in the transmission? I know very little about that.

Also I have to ask about the regular maintenance issues like the timing belt, water pump, hoses, and clutch - how is that end. When was all that replaced last? I'm just curious cause if all that was up to date you got a "smokin" deal! I like the wheels too. I would not trade out for anything till you drive those around for a while.

Actually I'll say this if all the regular maintenance is up to date it seems like you got it under market value!

Congrats - a really pretty car and the interior is really nice and a great color combo - that's got to be pretty rare for that combo. Anyone know how many of these were produced?:smile:

The TB and WP was done about 15k miles ago I think....in like 04 maybe. I will have to look at the paper work. Its about 5 years since the service work. Everything is up to date. IE: the regulators were fixed with thingys, the climate control was rebuilt along with the head unit and speakers, Clutch was replaced when the short gears, lsd, etc was done. I think I did pretty well on it. I do understand that the tb and wp will need to be done again in a few years, but right now, I can enjoy it. It also has brembo rotors, steel braided lines, factory keyless entry, 6 disc alpine changer, comptech headers, boost logic custom built exhaust w/burns mufflers, and Tein full coilovers all around. I saw it and jump on it :) Oh yeah, low miles too :biggrin:

Wow, looks just perfect on the lowered ride hieght and unique rims ... only thing I'd consider is to dechrome the rims and have them painted in brght silver. Its a personal thing I just dont think chrome works on the NSX.

A felow owner here has the full short gear set up and it is markably quicker than a stock car.

Congrats!

regards, Paul

Wow! I saw the ad and thougth if I don't already have one, I would buy it in a heartbeat:biggrin: You got a deal and hope you will keep her for a long time.

Welcome back!

Wow! I saw the ad and thougth if I don't already have one, I would buy it in a heartbeat:biggrin: You got a deal and hope you will keep her for a long time.

Welcome back!

If everything checks out like I think it will, I will be keeping her for a very long time.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Great ... welcome back.

I happened to see the car posted too (this afternoon), you had already purchased it. Not that I'm in the market, but I like to keep up on what is out there too.

It looks beautiful. The interior looks nice... red/black (like mine) are the most common.

As for the wheels on the car... I like them.

With all the upgrades it sounds like you got a great deal and sweet car!

Rod

PS. Good thing you jumped on it... it didn't last long, not at that price and the condition. Sweet ride and sweet deal.

Great ... welcome back.

I happened to see the car posted too (this afternoon), you had already purchased it. Not that I'm in the market, but I like to keep up on what is out there too.

It looks beautiful. The interior looks nice... red/black (like mine) are the most common.

As for the wheels on the car... I like them.

With all the upgrades it sounds like you got a great deal and sweet car!

Rod

PS. Good thing you jumped on it... it didn't last long, not at that price and the condition. Sweet ride and sweet deal.

Yeah I didnt think it would last long. When I called about it, he had already had three phone calls and a lot of interest. When I bought it, I was at the top of the list with two in line behind me.

All I can say is you bought that one cheap and the owner didn't get what it was worth and didn't ask enough for it having all those good mods and the maintenance done too and the head unit and......on an on - you got a super deal - if you hadn't bought it, it would have been gone that day. This is actually a better deal than the 93 that sold earlier - the white one with 17k miles in perfect (stock) shape. The mods you have are really awesome - you are one lucky stiff. That car was easily a 35k or more car!

Anyone else agree with my assessment? There was a discussion about a white 2000 that was rediculous when compared to the deal you got and super mods. I bet even Batman (even though it doesn't have a supercharger) would have to agree! :wink:

All I can say is you bought that one cheap and the owner didn't get what it was worth and didn't ask enough for it having all those good mods and the maintenance done too and the head unit and......on an on - you got a super deal - if you hadn't bought it, it would have been gone that day. This is actually a better deal than the 93 that sold earlier - the white one with 17k miles in perfect (stock) shape. The mods you have are really awesome - you are one lucky stiff. That car was easily a 35k or more car!
:wink:

I had a budget that I set myself so that I wouldnt put me or my wife in jeopardy, then I made an offer and it was accepted. I will take delivery tonight according to the shipper. The seller will definitely get good feedback. If everyone was like this guy, the world would be a better place. He is very nice and cares about his family a lot. He gets a thumbs up for being a stand up guy. I hope you guys dont think Im a bad guy for getting it so cheap. I will post up pictures tomorrow along with the mods. I looked on SOS and their blue printed trans for like 5700 is what the car is supposed to have. It was 7k after labor etc......I think. I'll know more tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Back