Bought a 06 911 Carrera

Hey Primers,

Yes, I've jumped to the P-car side having owned 2 NSX's. It was a tough decision and one fueled by always wanting a 911 (since I was a kid) and having experienced the NSX.

A friend of mine owns a similar 911 and I drove it. I was hooked with the performance and how it handles. A big plus for me is having more room with the spare seats behind which can handle a child seat or two. We are expecting our first child in April and its kinda cool thinking I can bring the family with me for a ride.

I also wanted a car with modern convieniences such as NAV, better stereo, warranty, and performance. I've researched these cars for the past year and I'm happy making the move as this is also a CPO car with full history from Champion.

The price couldn't be better too! I was able to pick this car up for less than a 95 NSX with zero paint, accidents, etc. and only 29k miles. To me its the deal of the century!

I might own another NSX in the future as I still love these cars but its a nice feeling being able to experience another make and especially a 911. The car is being shipped to me in Dubai for February and I'll keep it with me and bring it back to Canada.

997-1.jpg

997-2.jpg

Nice P-car. If you got it for the price around a '95 NSX, then you stole it. They are going for $45-$65k depending on options and mileage.

Is the CPO warranty even valid overseas? Nice car! I would have had them put a set of those hot Champion motorsport rims before shipping it to you!

is this champion from LI NY?

Is the CPO warranty even valid overseas? Nice car! I would have had them put a set of those hot Champion motorsport rims before shipping it to you!

Hmmm...haven't even started thinking mods yet. Which rims are those?

Yes, the CPO warranty isn't valid in the UAE but gives me some confidence knowing it met the standards. I believe its valid in Canada though...

Will be in Dubai for another year as I've taken another role...

As for price let's say its south of $42k...hehe (I don't want to state how far south though). I got an amazing deal but perhaps its because I've paid cash?

JUDAS!!! Haha. JK. Grats. :biggrin:

Good to hear that everything is going well, Jet! :smile:

Congrats on your new job position and "toy". Merry Christmas!

Is it a Carrera or a Carrera S? I can believe < $42K on a Carrera that isn't too heavily optioned as I've been looking at one with asking price of $45K, so probably doable pretty close to $42K. It'd be tough to find a Carrera S for that price, especially a CPO car!

Congratulations. After selling my 1998 NSX, we ended up ordering and buying a 2008 Carrera S a few years back.

I absolutely love my Porsche and I hope you have a similar experience. If you got your car for that price, you got a hell of a lot of car for the money.

I understand you're overseas but when you get back to North America, make sure you look into the Porsche Club of America. There may well be a local arm in the UAE but I've found the PCA in my area to be an invaluable resource.

Good luck and good health. Keep the shiny side up.

PS - Champion Motorsports makes a ton of different high quality, low weight wheels for the 997. The Porsche sport model wheels your pictures show trade pretty well as they are a relatively rare wheel from the factory.

A Porsche?

*yawn*

...j/k, nice ride. Can we boot you off the mod team now?
:cool:

Congratulations. After selling my 1998 NSX, we ended up ordering and buying a 2008 Carrera S a few years back.

I absolutely love my Porsche and I hope you have a similar experience. If you got your car for that price, you got a hell of a lot of car for the money.

I understand you're overseas but when you get back to North America, make sure you look into the Porsche Club of America. There may well be a local arm in the UAE but I've found the PCA in my area to be an invaluable resource.

Good luck and good health. Keep the shiny side up.

PS - Champion Motorsports makes a ton of different high quality, low weight wheels for the 997. The Porsche sport model wheels your pictures show trade pretty well as they are a relatively rare wheel from the factory.

Congrats to both Christian and jetpilot.
The 997 is an amazing car, more so the S model. It is a product of continuous dedications to excellence. I never liked the 996 which I considered a bit unsightly. I drove a colleague's 2009 C4S and it surely delivers a superior level of automotive sophistication to the NSX's.
Steve

Its just a Carrera but still enough power to make the hair on my neck raise!

I love the NSX but it feels like time to be driving a 911. Heck if I don't like it I can always revert back...

I've inquired on the RS128 wheel from Champion and awaiting pricing from the dealership.

Now that I have the paperwork I don't mind saying I got the car for $41k and from the research I've done its a nice price considering what's out there in the market.

I'll still be hanging around Prime as I love this site and the people on it.

Neat acquisition! Contratz'... :cool:

What was the original MSRP/sticker, as-equipped/optioned but pre-TTL (namely what it listed for when brand-new)?

FWIRC, even base versions of the 997 911 Carrera (non S/4S/GT3/Turbo/GT2) that are very modestly equipped, optioned, accessorised [sic] can approach ~$100k+, before tax/title/license/etc'.

Long-story-short: you got a lot of (relatively new) car for the money!

Last edited:
Cam good on you.
A car like that is selling here for ~$60k CDN.
One day you may be able to get all or more than your money back! A good friend has one very close to yours. They are very interesting and fun cars. I personally can't stand the seats. I just don't fit them.
good luck. Have fun.

Its just a Carrera but still enough power to make the hair on my neck raise!

I love the NSX but it feels like time to be driving a 911. Heck if I don't like it I can always revert back...

I've inquired on the RS128 wheel from Champion and awaiting pricing from the dealership.

Now that I have the paperwork I don't mind saying I got the car for $41k and from the research I've done its a nice price considering what's out there in the market.

I'll still be hanging around Prime as I love this site and the people on it.

If you would consider "used" wheels there are several reputable vendors that work with the PCA that specialize in wheels with perfect fitments for Porsche like BBS, Champion and others. I'm on vacation with family in NY and don't have any copies of Panorama near me but I think one of the bigger vendors is WheelEnhancement.com

Good luck and again, congrat's on the purchase. Many happy, safe miles.

Congrats to both Christian and jetpilot.
The 997 is an amazing car, more so the S model. It is a product of continuous dedications to excellence. I never liked the 996 which I considered a bit unsightly. I drove a colleague's 2009 C4S and it surely delivers a superior level of automotive sophistication to the NSX's.
Steve

Thanks Steve.

I was never anything less than happy with my NSX but I absolutely love my 997S. It's been a really wonderful car.

Hope things are good with you.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Congrats! The 997 is a great car. More power and torque than the NSX, refined interior and great handling. Enjoy!

Congratulations!!! I think you will have a blast with ith. I went to an 08 C4S coupe after 2 NSX's and although the car is not as emotional it is an impressive performer.

Back