Bodykit paint referral

NsXTaCY168

Can someone refer me to a paint/body shop in the SF Bay Area that specializes in painting bodykits for the NSX.

I am considering buying the WW front kit for my car. Anyone with any references and pricing would be greatly appreciated. The front part lists for $210.00 from Dali. I hope the paint job wouldn't exceed the part price.

Kevin

hey kevin,

the price depends on the kind of paint job you want. if you want a mediocre paint job and installation for a low price, i know of a place in oakland. please let me know if you like to get their info.

for the perfect paint job, i would recommend autobahn body and paint in mountain view. it's a bit far from where you live but it's worth every penny (or thousands of pennies). my NSX is there now for some body work and paint. they're $$$ but very detailed....when i was there, they had an imolo orange NSX, ferrari 360, SL500 and other euro exotics.....that's gotta say something about the shop.

I think Golden City in Folsom St, San Francisco is very good also. But they are kinda expensive too.
I personally use Sunny Bodyshop in Potrero St, SF. They have reasonable price, and their paint job is pretty good too. My car just got vandalized by someone and I have make a appointment next week there. I know some other Bayarea NSXer go there too.

Noah,

Thanks for the autobahn suggestion. If I need body repair or paint, I'll definately consider them. Since, I'm only getting the front kit painted, I don't think it needs to be 100% perfect. I'm looking for a decent paint job but also trying to avoid the mediocre paint jobs and installation that some of these places perform in Oakland.

I'll probably stop by Sunny Autobody here in SF and ask for a quote. I work in that district, so maybe I can just cruise by during my shift and check out their work first.

By the way, how did the H&R springs work out for your 98'?

Take care.

Kevin

NsXTaCY168 said:

By the way, how did the H&R springs work out for your 98'?

Take care.

Kevin

hey kevin, i didn't get a chance to put them on yet, but andrie ensured me that these springs will work for all years. i'm waiting for my car to come out of the shop first.

front lips will scrape all the time especially up in SF so i guess you just want a regular paint job for now. i'm sure you'll be repainting it a few years down the road.

i'll see you in the august meet. i'm not sure if my car will be out by the july meet.

Noah,

That's exactly why I had the original springs put back on. In San Francisco, the roads are so poor, you can scrape your car easily on city streets. Add on the hills, potholes and construction going on, it's like trying to find your way of out a neverending maze.

Count on me having to repaint the front lip once a year :(

Kevin

Back