Body changes throughout the years

I'm new to the NSX market and have been looking online at different years' (1991-1999) pix. One think that I've noticed is that some seem more round and others seem more "edgy." Is this cuz there were some minor changes, cuz of aftermarket kits, or cuz I'm an idiot and hallucinating?

haha well basically 91-2001 are basically visually identical, you may have seen alot of aftermarket parts on the cars as alot are modified (except the old school rims) even now if i see a black 2001 with aftermarket rims... i cant tell if its a 1991 with aftermarket rims or a 2001 with aftermarket rims... (well i mean if you are a real guru you can tell based on color combinations (interior/exterior)

even the 2002+ varies only in the bumper, hood, headlights, mainly,
there are small differences in the rear and the sideskirts, but not something you necessarily would see outright if you didnt know what to look for :biggrin:

splitz said:
I'm new to the NSX market and have been looking online at different years' (1991-1999) pix. One think that I've noticed is that some seem more round and others seem more "edgy." Is this cuz there were some minor changes, cuz of aftermarket kits, or cuz I'm an idiot and hallucinating?
The front chin spoiler is a bit different on the 97+ models.

If you haven't already you can find a lot of valuable information in the FAQ's here on Prime, including changes by model year.

As others pointed out most of the exterior styling of the body has remained the same until 2002. Other significant exterior changes have been addition of T models in '95, color matched roofs beginning with the Brooklands Green mid-way through '94 and a few different tire size changes throughout the years. Most of the body paneling differences you see are as you guessed, aftermarket mods.

Understudy said:
If you haven't already you can find a lot of valuable information in the FAQ's here on Prime, including changes by model year.QUOTE]

I've read something like that before...it is probably the lighting/camera angle, but JaySpec7's NSX looks really "edgy"

1krcs20.jpg

splitz said:
I've read something like that before...it is probably the lighting/camera angle, but JaySpec7's NSX looks really "edgy"

1krcs20.jpg

That is because his NSX has a number of aftermarket modifications which gives ithis "edgy" look. Notice the aftermarket wheels (Volk GT-C's which are sweet!), an aftermarket hood, aftermarket side skirts, a lowered stance with aftermarket suspension, and from this angle what looks to be an aftermarket diffuser.

This car is pretty far from stock which is why it looks different. Although most of these mods are relatively subtle so they don't stand out like a widebody kit (on our car for instance). This just shows the limitless possibilities to make the NSX unique to each individual in whatever suits his/her taste.

those side skirts are sweet... anyone know what kind they are and how much they cost (including paint)? also, do you need to add on a front lip so the car looks straight or can the skirts work on their own?

Back