BMW 328i VS Acura TL Type-S

BMW 328i vs Acura TL Type-S

• BMW 328i (Loaded w/ Nav)

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Acura TL Type-S

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, it is time again to choose a new ride for the family, my lease on the BMW 530i is up and ready for another ride, we had decided to down grade a little to pay for the increase in gas prices, the final contenders are as follow.

BMW 328i with Sports pkg, Premium pkg, nav, ipod
Acura TL-S auto

Both cars are autos and since it will be lease so the payments are only $20 apart.

I know there are other cars in this catagory, but with everything considered we had narrow down to these 2.

Please vote ASAP since I'm returning the 530i on Jan. 2, 2008. :wink:

Thanks guys :biggrin:

HAPPY NEW YEARS

What about the lease term and down payment ?

I dunno but I have a 06 Tl with Navi and its been a great car so far. I dont have any experience with Bimmers but if you enjoyed the last one im sure its little brother will be similiar. I am partial to Acura's so if you have not had a TL before go drive one and see how you like it. I cant wait to trade up for a Type-S 6 speed

The drive-off is $1600 for the BMW and $1450 for the TL Type-S, payment is only $17/month different favoring the Acura.

I had test drove the TL Type-S last week and is please with it. Did not drive much like a front wheels drive which suprises me, and the interior are more user friendly than the BMW.

BMW is more sporty, although with less horse, it is very responsive, like all the other BMWs I had a great car and with all the maintainess included, it is a great deal also.

That is why I'm having such a tough time deciding between them.

Between those two choices I would take the TL-S.

If you went for the 335i, then I would be 100% in favor for the BMW.

I really like the looks of the TL-S and would defintelty take it over the 328.

As said before the 335 or 330 would be a diff story.

Hope you like whatever you get though.

So far is 4-4, I need more votes please, the reason not going the 335 route is payment is not in the same league, therefore, I narrow it down to the 328 vs the TL-S

Thanks guys

I am driving a TL loaner right now and just happend to park next to my colleagues 330i today at work.

The TL is a much more substantial car. It is roomier in back as well which is good if you have kids.

I'd lean toward the TL since it provides more features for the money. But I'm biased as I've never owned a german car and my last name happens to be "Honda". :biggrin:

I would take the TL-S. It is roomy, has a nicer interior and you don't have to worry about electrical issues. Also the service dept. Should be familar with you. Look, about the free maintainance, you save 20 bucks a month. that should be enough to cover an oil change every 3 months.

Since you got a 530 already....time, to change to a 550

Pooh,

I wanted the M5 since they had 5 on the lot, but my better half is keeping me on a tight leash since I spend too much on the NSX in 07 :eek:

For me it's FWD vs RWD...and I am just tired of FWD. I've owned a GSR, a Maxima and a Mini to name a few and the FWD gets old after awhile...can't really explain it. So BMW gets my vote.

I'm sure the Acura is probably nicer...if it was AWD it would fantastic!

Also you have to consider how long you expect to keep the BMW. BMW will rape you after the warranty is up. The Acura will cost a lot less over time.

Pooh,

I wanted the M5 since they had 5 on the lot, but my better half is keeping me on a tight leash since I spend too much on the NSX in 07 :eek:

Just trade in your CX7 and 530i and get your M5 :D

We have the 07 TL Type-S Auto and love it. We got the Kinetic Blue exterior and it is a real head turner.
I've seen 28-30 mpg on highway and 24 around town. For a car that big I feel that is some pretty impressive numbers.
The ergonomics of the car are better than any others I've seen. I had an 04 TL before and when I was getting ready to trade it in I looked at Infiniti, Lexus and several others.
I didn't like the way you had to get 'Packages' of options with the other cars and didn't always get the exact car you wanted. Had to give up one thing to get something else. That is what I liked about the Acura, it is loaded and there are no factory options(on the Type-s anyway) and the price beat them all too.
I vote for the TL.

BMW hands down. It has better motoring history, is RWD, is of higher quality, and still has its share of reliability. Performance-wise, BMW is nearly always the best choice in its class.

Exterior: TL > 328i (I hate the front headlights on the sedan)
Performance: TL = 328i (Its a draw between FWD vs. RWD that offsets power difference)
Interior: TL > 328i (Japanese luxury vs. German bland)
Reliability: TL = 328i (I can't imagine you would have problems with either)
Economy: 328i > TL (328i = 21-30mpg, TL = 20-29mpg; 328i wins by a smidge... but you get 28 more horses for 1mpg worse with the TL. Since you are downgrading due to fuel costs)

TL: 2
328i: 2
Tie: 2

Its a draw. Buy both. ;)

James,
I was given a C-class as a rental. It is very comofortable........and light on your check book. This may be an option to supplement your 2008 spending on the nsx by getting a lessor and comfortable car :)

The 328i is closer in size to the TSX than the TL. If it's all about size, pick up the TSX and pocket the difference. If not, drive both cars back to back and see which one you like better. (TL-S. Definitely get the TL-S:wink: )

I don't know about the "free" maint. on the BMW though. I'm pretty sure you're paying for it somewhere.

James,
I was given a C-class as a rental. It is very comofortable........and light on your check book. This may be an option to supplement your 2008 spending on the nsx by getting a lessor and comfortable car :)

A C-Class with simular equipment as the 328i or the TL would be more than both, the lease rate is not as good as the BMW and is way more than the Acura

THANK YOU ALL

For all the votes and feed back you gave me in the short time I had to decide which to get.

The winner is Acura TL Type-S, got it last night and the better half loves it so do I. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you guys once again.

Back