Blown Coolant hoses story

Might not be available?Really?No seriously,if you cant get basic parts ie hoses.Is that going to seriously be the case?Looking at Nsx's but if parts not available will strike off my list.

The NSX is nearly 25 years old. There are already parts that are not available.

Might not be available?Really?No seriously,if you cant get basic parts ie hoses.Is that going to seriously be the case?Looking at Nsx's but if parts not available will strike off my list.

Honda may discontinue the hoses for the earlier years but I believe there is an aftermarket silicon hose kit. Anyone got a link?

well guys I got her up on jacks took about 3 hours to remove them all.

from front to back. the bitch hoses are the small hoses under the throttlebody

and the heater core hose under the car.

to pay that much for something we all should learn to do is a crime.

the tools I used to remove all the coolant hoses not the oil hoses

10mm socket
Philips screwdriver
1 big pair of plyers
2 small pyers
and a small needle nose
and a nice GERBER Pocket Knife ( you will know why if you do this )

the bigger clamps are easy but those small medium size clamps
are a bit_h I mean I bent,peel,force,saw,cut to get off I hate them.

so i pick the new hoses and 3 jugs of coolant up tomorrow morning and install, bleed, bleed, bleed

and drive.

but guys if your needed to do this
buy the kit from SOS
and take a day off from work and do it, can be done in a day at slow beer drinking speeds.

Those aren't the difficult hoses lol!

I did mine last year, my car is a 97 with 92k on it . I reverse cut every hose not to score the aluminum piping, after all hoses were changed and car was bleed I cut every hose open ,not one hose showed degradition. The peace of mind is worth it !!!!!:wink:

I think I paid about $1200 with parts and labor to have all mine done. I also changed my crank pulley. Now I'm good to go for another 20 years ;)

Back