Black 2000 T JH4NA2164YT000061 49k Sarasota / eBay / Salvage Title

Makenmoves,

I'm not going to yell at you bud; geez I must be getting a bad reputation or something. We all talk about this stuff all the time and I actually agree with you in pricipal.

Oh, ubercheap, we're talking about a red 99 that Makinmoves found not the black on. I guess I kind of or we kind of hi jacked this thread a bit.

The red one that "M" is talking about and I was commenting on is for sale at 30k or right at it. He also mentioned another thread I wrote to on a Zanardi - and right you are in a manner of speaking. If the damage was only superficial it may be ok - but I will say this if you are not planning to keep it a long time it can be difficult to explain things to the next owner and I wouldn't recommend getting into something you can't get out of fairly easily. That's why no one recommends a salvage title cause it is almost impossible to explain your way out of that one.

But short of it is that you have a point and it may be a good deal if you can substantuate thru a good body man you trust that the car is straight. Good point. The lower the cost is the more likely there is more to the damage than meets the casual look.

See I didn't bite your head off - I'm actually agreeing with you:wink:

Whooaa! I squeaked through that one!:smile:

I agree also, I wouldn't want an NSX with a salvage title unless I got it for half its value, so I would stay away from the black one. The red 99 has a clean title. If I was still in the market I would def take a look.

Whooaa! I squeaked through that one!:smile:

I agree also, I wouldn't want an NSX with a salvage title unless I got it for half its value, so I would stay away from the black one. The red 99 has a clean title. If I was still in the market I would def take a look.

Joey,
I think you found a real nice one man....you don't have to worry. Sure looks like you went thru a bunch to find it! Wow, you have been an NSX tradin fool dude. Too much for me - do you see a big diff in the NA2 over the NA1s? Oh boy, I'm just a hi jacker. Sorry guys. You can pm me Joey I'd sure like to know more about your story of all the NSXs you've had.

tbromley, ok strike 1 for me... did you mean this pic then?

used-1999-acura-nsx-2drnsxtopentop32lmanual-5204-4680910-13-640.jpg

I agree with mknmoves, thinking that's just the camber as well.

Anyway what I saw in the previous threads on the red one was that (quoting from memory) it was kind of grungy on the interior. In my experience those cars are 9 times out of 10 even less faithfully maintained under the hood. So that sort of soured me on that particular one. I made up my mind to be patient on this endeavor; I don't want to do it twice because I botched up the first purchase in some panic move.

And yes, we somehow got off into hijackland didn't we :confused:

Did anyone ever get a PPI done for this car mentioned in the first post? It bugs me that I keep seeing this pop up on autotrader and the price remains the same with the salvage history.

Back