Birth of a new side skirt...

Wow Dave, the detailed post is great and the pics look awesome! Way to go on taking quick initiative and gettin' it done! So just to confirm, is the intake vent portion a direct replica of Stacy's intake matching size of hole, angle, etc?

thanks for the compliments.... however, these are NOT and EXACT replica of the Stacey's skirts. Stacey's skirts are bigger (and hand lower than OEM) and therefore the vent on those is a little bit larger. they are VERY similar, but the opening is about 1/2" smaller. pretty close resemblance, but not EXACT...

i am in the process now of reducing some "finished" pictures and will post them soon...

i will post them here on this thread and on the thead i started offing them for sale....

thanks again....Dave

here are a few pics of my skirts finish mounted on my car.....

Attachments

• side skirt's mounted 001_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 001_800x600.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 171
  • side skirt's mounted 002_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 002_800x600.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 115
  • side skirt's mounted 003_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 003_800x600.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 134
  • side skirt's mounted 004_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 004_800x600.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 113
  • side skirt's mounted 005_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 005_800x600.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 159
  • side skirt's mounted 006_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 006_800x600.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 113
  • side skirt's mounted 009_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 009_800x600.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 114
  • side skirt's mounted 010_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 010_800x600.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 116
  • side skirt's mounted 015_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 015_800x600.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 90
  • side skirt's mounted 019_800x600.jpg
    side skirt's mounted 019_800x600.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 112
are you kidding?
Stacy actually wants other people to make different skirts!
LOL.I do actually !
I have nothing to lose or gain from the sideskirts I developed....sold the rights to Downorce.

*****Just for a correction the skirts I developed are the same height as stock and DO NOT hang lower,here is a pic of my sides I developed and stock ones!*****

As far as building the skirts here in this thread,the only to build them cost effectively would be out of fiberglass(other methods are just way too much money)!
Building them out of fiberglass will be OK because being that they are stock height (like mine) they will probably never hit the ground(chances are anyway)..take a look underneath and you will find that there are lower points on the car that would touch down first.
Neat idea anyway but be careful...once you produce them they will probably get ripped off by someone!
I learnt that lesson the hard way!
I even built sidekirts and rear spats for the Porsche and believe me,have no intentions of producing them just for this reason.But would sell the proto-types for the right money !

Stacy

PS I am just flattered that "Stacy's sideskirts" keep getting mentioned after all this time !

Attachments

• DSCF0632.jpg
    DSCF0632.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
stacy,

thanks for the input.... i assumed the skirts now being offered by Downforce were just that, the same height.... so i ordered a set... however, when i got them and pre fit them on the car, they were clearly larger then OEM and hung lower.... which for someone like me, i am unable to us because of my driveway configuration.... i BARELY clear now (after grinding my drivewya peak 1") ... so i returned them to SOS, who i might add were VERY receptive and simpithetic to my issue. so the i approached the guy who was doing the install on the "stacy's skirts" (by downforce) and asked him if he could make me a set like YellowNSX posted here originally. whala... now i have my rendition.... therefore i have decided to offer them for sale too for pretty close to the cost of the downforce skirts....

thanks again for the input..... Dave

You are very welcome for the input !
Funny you say they hang lower.....look at the pic I posted,they look exactly the same height!??!
Maybe something has changed in their molds.

I hate when someone clearly just copies a product...which you haven't!
Great idea(like I said)...just nice for people to have options !

Stacy

PS man do I miss my car(NSX),LOL !

You are very welcome for the input !
Funny you say they hang lower.....look at the pic I posted,they look exactly the same height!??!
Maybe something has changed in their molds.

I hate when someone clearly just copies a product...which you haven't!
Great idea(like I said)...just nice for people to have options !

Stacy

PS man do I miss my car(NSX),LOL !

Stacy , You are what I like to call "nsx famous"
you are the man behind the best side skirt for the nsx!
your original skirts may have been stock height
the downforce ones are not...
you should see the bottom of mine
looks like they went toe-to-toe with a badger - and we don't need no stinking badgers!!!
why don't you make me a set of the originals
maybe the will fit also (I know they will)

I received my side skirts yesterday from ONESADAM12 and they look great. It will probably be awhile before i can get them painted and installed but they look to be of very high quality. I am very happy with my purchase.:biggrin:

Back