• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

beware purchasing w/out pics! (Seller: rusky)

This is more of a warning to anyone purchasing parts without verification of condition. A few weeks ago I saw this ad for a lower front bumper on Prime and bought it sight-unseen because there isn't much left to speculate on when the seller (rusky) said its condition is "perfect" in his ad. He didn't offer pics and I unfortunately didn't require them. Always get pictures of what you're purchasing!!

This is what I received:

This isn't something I have ever experienced from the many transactions I've had with Prime members over the years. I suppose I became too trusting in sellers representations. I won't make that mistake again.
The seller, rusky, will not admit that he misrepresented the item. He is willing to refund only the purchase price but will not cover shipping in either direction (and he wants me to send it back at my cost). The shipping accounts for more than half of the cost of the original purchase price so it's just not worth shipping it back. The seller has also stopped replying to emails so this was my last resort. It won't help me now as I'm stuck with a bumper that needs to be thrown away (the body shop that looked at it said it would cost more to repair than it would cost to just buy a new one). Rusky still has some parts for sale and I don't want anyone else to get burned.

Last edited:
Ship it back in equal condition and quality, IN PIECES. That thing is as good as garbage.

It does appear he had atleast ONE pic because I dug up this thread by the seller:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77656

"Buttom portion of the bumper is in great shape with just paint peeling off, some scratches, and grease. Will take $80 for that. I belive one sold not long ago on ebay for over $100."

Even in this picture, it looks to be in BAD shape.
attachment.php

You're right though. That is WAY WAY WAY off from the horse's mouth itself "PERFECT" or even "GREAT shape".

Ship it back in equal condition and quality, IN PIECES. That thing is as good as garbage.

It does appear he had atleast ONE pic because I dug up this thread by the seller:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77656

"Buttom portion of the bumper is in great shape with just paint peeling off, some scratches, and grease. Will take $80 for that. I belive one sold not long ago on ebay for over $100."

Even in this picture, it looks to be in BAD shape.
attachment.php

You're right though. That is WAY WAY WAY off from the horse's mouth itself "PERFECT" or even "GREAT shape".

THAT IS NOT THE WAY I SENT IT TO HIM. IT Wasn't PERFECT condition but I never claimed it to be perfect! HE expected brand new paint and brand new bumper. He NEVER asked for any closeup pictures of it. Regardless you are getting a buttom bumper. How many people here have rockchip free bottom portions here?
In the end I offered refund minus shipping fee that I paid for the bumper. Then he starts this! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY!!!!!

THAT IS NOT THE WAY I SENT IT TO HIM. IT Wasn't PERFECT condition but I never claimed it to be perfect!

Yes, in fact "perfect" was the exact word you used.

4700IMG_1123_prime_-med.JPG

HE expected brand new paint and brand new bumper. He NEVER asked for any closeup pictures of it. Regardless you are getting a buttom bumper. How many people here have rockchip free bottom portions here?
Not necessarily brand new paint but I did think "perfect" would have meant it was at least presentable. The cost to remove the layers of resprays and repair the cracked and broken plastic would cost more than buying a new bumper and having it painted. Incidentally, there were very few paint chips in the sealed packaging - leading me to believe that the extensive damage occurred before the bumper was shipped. The pics that KooLaid posted confirmed that.

In the end I offered refund minus shipping fee that I paid for the bumper. Then he starts this! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY!!!!!
The shipping accounted for over half of the cost of the bumper itself. I didn't think I should be responsible for shipping both ways (b/c the seller wanted it back) when the part itself was misrepresented (and in no small way). Rusky was informed of my intentions to call him on this well in advance of me doing so but he would not respond to my emails at that point.

I have had more than 30 parts transactions with other Prime members in the 6 years that I've been a member here and have found everyone more than honest with their representation of their parts for sale. I'm sure they would all agree that I pay immediately and am not at all a demanding customer. This was a fluke but this seller still has some (more expensive) parts for sale. I didn't want to see anyone else get burned.

Sorry rusky, no number of capitalized words in your posts or in the negative feedback you left me will change the facts. Pictures prove it.

Back