Bet my credit card balance is bigger than yours

Went to check my VISA account this morning, and noticed something a little odd.

Look at the "Outstanding Balance" -- might be difficult to come up with the payment this month...can anybody float me? :D

ccbal.jpg

Man wouldn't it be nice to have a credit of 3.4 Million on your CC just once!!!:D

About a dozen years ago I was buying a house and while waiting to close I got a letter from the Title Co. excluding a $3,200,000 lean on the property. Yes that was $3.2 mill. The best part was it was not a typo and the lean was placed by the IRS. I guess the biggest creditor gets paid first, the sale price was only $175,000.

you guys are obviously not familiar with the all black Amex card. Invitation only, no limit type deal. Over 2 mil gets a phone call, other than that, ENJOY!!!!

YUP Centurian Amex Card is by invitation only. Only selected few Platinum members would receive the invite...GREAT perks to include free international cell phone use with $1000 annual fee. :D

tomc92bb000059 said:
you guys are obviously not familiar with the all black Amex card. Invitation only, no limit type deal. Over 2 mil gets a phone call, other than that, ENJOY!!!!

All the major card companies have "no limit" cards with "lifestyle" concierge and travel perks for their high net worth customers. This includes Amex Centurion (Black), Visa Signature and Visa Infinite, Mastercard Worldcard, even Diners Club brought back their Carte Blanch a little while back. The cards are not advertised, they are invitation-only. The Amex Centurion is the best as far as perks, but of course many places do not accept Amex so I wouldn't recommend making it your only card!

T Bell - $34,000? I'll go you one better, last year I deposited a $3,100.00 check at the teller window and the teller accidently hit double zero each time she was supposed to have hit zero, so I got a deposit receipt back that said $31,000,000.00 Obviously this wouldn't have made it through the end-of-day closeout at the bank but it was still interesting to see how little attention they sometimes give to double-checking what they are doing. I can see one extra zero or transposed digits or something like that slipping through, but that many extra digits should really stand out without even having to read them closely.

Lud said:
T Bell - $34,000? I'll go you one better, last year I deposited a $3,100.00 check at the teller window and the teller accidently hit double zero each time she was supposed to have hit zero, so I got a deposit receipt back that said $31,000,000.00 Obviously this wouldn't have made it through the end-of-day closeout at the bank but it was still interesting to see how little attention they sometimes give to double-checking what they are doing. I can see one extra zero or transposed digits or something like that slipping through, but that many extra digits should really stand out without even having to read them closely.

Well, I can somewhat beat that...I used to do payroll for my dad...usually about $17,000 a week C-A-S-H. At our bank, the bank manager personally handles my check when I come in every Friday under arrangements with my pops...anywho, i leave one day and counted when I got home. I guess they switched up a few bills because they gave me $27,000!! I don't know if he misread or what?? I couldn't imagine miscounting. Anyways, I brought it back :mad: and got a nice pat on the back :mad: oh well :D

92NSX said:
I heard a while back that someone had purchased a painting on the AMEX card for several million $$$.

In 1995, Eli Broad of Los Angeles California, purchased Roy Lichtenstein's painting I...I'm sorry (1965-66) for the sum of $2.5 million, paying with his American Express card. The highest credit card transaction to date, it earned Broad a total of 2.5 million air miles.

The largest collection of valid credit cards to date is one of 1,265 (all different) by Walter Cavanagh of Santa Clara CA. He keeps them in the world longest wallet-250ft. long, weighing 35 lbs. The total credit limit is $1.6 million dollars.

steveny said:
In 1995, Eli Broad of Los Angeles California, purchased Roy Lichtenstein's painting I...I'm sorry (1965-66) for the sum of $2.5 million, paying with his American Express card. The highest credit card transaction to date, it earned Broad a total of 2.5 million air miles.

What's your source for this information? I was under the impression that the largest Amex transaction was in the $50 million dollar range. I believe it occured in Switzerland for the purchase of a jetliner for private use.

By the way, Walter had 1397 credit cards as of January 2000. His combined credit limits amount to $1.65 million. ;)

Hugh said:
What's your source for this information? I was under the impression that the largest Amex transaction was in the $50 million dollar range. I believe it occured in Switzerland for the purchase of a jetliner for private use.

By the way, Walter had 1397 credit cards as of January 2000. His combined credit limits amount to $1.65 million. ;)

Guinness World Records 2000 Millennium Edition, and the 1992 edition. I collect, read and try to memorize the Guinness books. Where did you get the new info on Walter? There is no mention of him in the 2000 millennium edition that I could find. I do not have books 2001-2004 so my info is a little dated.

Back