Best place to get the NSX detailed in Houston??

Would love the get the NSX polished up by a pro once a year. Does anyone have any good suggestions on a good place to take it?
Thanks Prime!

The Car Massuese 1410 S Dairy Ashford @ Briar Forest Houston, TX 77077-2310 (281)558-8809

I'll probably be taking my car there in the near future...:smile:

Z - maybe this is a good time to have a detailing technical seminar.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Hey, Tony

That is a great idea! I'm clueless about detailing, and out of all colors, I have black. Let's set something up. PM, post, or email me a weekend that would work best for you. I can post a separate thread to gather some more interest.

Thanks,
- Zishan

Do you guys have any places in mind?

I MAY know of a large parking complex that we may be able to have at. Its also centrally located in houston. What does this site need to have i.e. power outlets, water hoses?

I would recommend ASP Elite Detail, Dustin Hurst. He's mobil and will come to your location.

www.aspelitedetail.com

I also think Dustin may be interested in providing a seminar. He has done that for The Woodlands Car Club and I found it very helpful.

Norm
94 Red

Detailing seminar sounds awesome. Just remember that to properly polish, buff and wax a car takes somewhere in the 8-hour range and that's only the paint. And take my word, black takes longer...!!! Still, sounds like fun....

Hey, on a side note, does anyone know where I can get my engine/engine bay cleaned? I've got a CF/Lexan engine cover and I'm getting pretty embarassed by how funky my engine is....

Detailing seminar sounds awesome. Just remember that to properly polish, buff and wax a car takes somewhere in the 8-hour range and that's only the paint. And take my word, black takes longer...!!! Still, sounds like fun....

Dennis, man, I'm glad to hear from you. I was wondering what happened to you. I haven't even seen you on the road lately???

Hey, on a side note, does anyone know where I can get my engine/engine bay cleaned? I've got a CF/Lexan engine cover and I'm getting pretty embarassed by how funky my engine is....

I'm surprised you haven't tackled this yourself. It's pretty easy to clean. Use the search function and you will find all kinds of tips. I've done this in the past with excellent results.

Hope all is well,
- Zishan

Hi Z,

Jeff saw me the other day and called to harass me...LOL!! In fact, he and I had lunch last Friday. Yea, I can do the cleaning and have in the past but it's strickly a time issue for me. I've been doing the 7-day a week thing for a while now and can't make time for anything anymore.....

Yea, I know Nick. Man, I haven't washed my own car in weeks and haven't waxed it in probably 8-9 months.... Sorry about not keeping my word but even I didn't expect to have put my personal life on hold for so long.....

One day things will get back to normal and I'll gladly do your car and Matt's too.....

Yea, I know Nick. Man, I haven't washed my own car in weeks and haven't waxed it in probably 8-9 months.... Sorry about not keeping my word but even I didn't expect to have put my personal life on hold for so long.....

One day things will get back to normal and I'll gladly do your car and Matt's too.....
I've been wondering where you've been.

Hi David,

Still around but chained to my desk. Literally putting in 7-day weeks and have been for months.... It's a bitch but somebody's gotta do it.....LOL!!!

I can't believe we have 22 replies without a REAL answer.

The right answer for best place to detail is YOUR OWN HOUSE!! I repeat - learn how to maintain the car's exterior and interior yourself. It takes some time and effort but at the end it is much less expensive and much more rewarding then giving some stranger $200. Go in on the products with a good friend of yours and you can split the cost of equipment.

I have a close friend in Tyler - we split the cost of most of the major equipment and buy our owns WAX/towels etc. We works on our cars together. Its a good way to spend a Sun. AM together and get the cars looking great.

OKAY - I will get of the soapbox and give you guys some links. This is MY BIASED RECOMMENDATION. I am not a pro. I am just giving you guys some idea as to where to start.

WAX - buy the kit from http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc. It is absolutely worth the money. The BEST wax IMHO because it will last 6 months easily. It is very easy to add additional coats of wax once you do the prep work the first time. The first time takes - 6 hours min, and possibly another hour or 2 the next day or two. After that it is easy. The wax can be applied EVERYWHERE on the car. Wheels, glass, plastic, paint - everywhere. This is what makes it easy.

For Towels/brushes/neat detail tools - http://www.griotsgarage.com/. Its a bit pricey but they have good quality equipment. The have a how to detail a car DVD that is cheap. http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+waxing/car+waxes+and+sealants/machine+polishing+and+waxing+dvd.do?search=basic&keyword=DVD&sortby=newArrivals&page=1. I would order their catalog. Otherwise you will be lost by looking at all the choices on the website.

For waterspots: If you hate waterspots then I would use the "spotless water system" It filters the minerals out of the water so that you have no water spots! http://crspotless.com/

For swirls marks - Flex XG 3401. Its the best - but you better be very very careful when you do it. you could potentially damage the paint if you do it wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yht1uHJLNlQ&feature=related The link compares the Flex XG to the common porter cable. Griot's sells a variation of the porter cable.

Last edited:
If you are more of Zymol guy then I would recomend http://glisteningperfection.com/index.php

The equipment he carries is a bit expensive but then again he focus on high end products. The owner - Moe Mistry flies around the country detailing Enzo's etc. So I am confident in his products. They also sell micofibers, towels, detail sprays etc.

He usually has specials/group buys on teamspeed.com or 6speedonline.com. Check out the detailing section and you can ask him all the questions you want. I have called him and talked to him about issues with cars personally before.

Last edited:
Back