Best nitrous setup HELPPP

im running a stock motor with bolt on's and a sport ecu... Id like to run a reasonable shot of nitrous maybe 70 shot or soo. If possible id like to have 2 10lb or 15lb tanks. Should i do a dry shot? ive heard only bad aboout single fogger wet shots... any other options? I will be doing the instal myself and if possible id like to spend under 1500 on parts (seems reasonable for 70 hp shot). Thanks for any help

Batmobl said:
im running a stock motor with bolt on's and a sport ecu... Id like to run a reasonable shot of nitrous maybe 70 shot or soo. If possible id like to have 2 10lb or 15lb tanks. Should i do a dry shot? ive heard only bad aboout single fogger wet shots... any other options? I will be doing the instal myself and if possible id like to spend under 1500 on parts (seems reasonable for 70 hp shot). Thanks for any help
Bat, your asking for help BUT indicationg you will do the install yourself.If you need help you should have a pro do the install on the NSX. just my 02. BTW I am not slamming you in anyway ,I just want you to understand how important a solid install is on the car and you should use someone that knows it inside and out. just wondering,what makes you think a wet kit is so bad?
Best Regards David

btcog82 said:
uh hmmm hmmm

cough cough:frown:

Sarge, you are still in the pipeline, plus sargents dont pout they just get that constipated look on their face before they go off:biggrin:

I'd like to here some info on this as well from the people who are using it.

What systems do NSX owners use and why.

Bats:

Please don't take what I have to say as 100% fact. I have limited experience with NOS, but I'll share what I know and have heard.

DRY
Dry systems are just that. Dry. They rely on foggers or series of foggers to distribute giggle gas into the intake system. You "can" consider them safer and simpler since they don't require additional fuel that could pre-detonate or additional lines that could leak or clutter the engine bay.

WET
Wet system combine both NOS and Fuel. Adding additional fuel can prevent lean conditions and reduce EGTs. Most often wet systems are used for higher volume NOS applications.

Something else you touched on was a single fogger system. IMHO, this would seem to be a bad idea on the NSX. Basically you have one fogger, deploying gas in somewhere before the TB. The gas then needs to distribute itself evenly into each intake runner. Typically the first intake runners will see more NOS then the ones further away. This could cause several adverse things to occur. Without getting into each, I would recomend a direct port Nitrous system*. This means six foggers (one on each runner). This will insure equal distribution to all cylinders.

So again, I'm not an expert on this. I'd certainly value some insite from people who are.

Blaze

*Direct port injection while ideal, is more expensive and more cumbersome to maintain and install.

Blaze said:
I'd like to here some info on this as well from the people who are using it.

What systems do NSX owners use and why.

Bats:

Please don't take what I have to say as 100% fact. I have limited experience with NOS, but I'll share what I know and have heard.

DRY
Dry systems are just that. Dry. They rely on foggers or series of foggers to distribute giggle gas into the intake system. You "can" consider them safer and simpler since they don't require additional fuel that could pre-detonate or additional lines that could leak or clutter the engine bay.

WET
Wet system combine both NOS and Fuel. Adding additional fuel can prevent lean conditions and reduce EGTs. Most often wet systems are used for higher volume NOS applications.

Something else you touched on was a single fogger system. IMHO, this would seem to be a bad idea on the NSX. Basically you have one fogger, deploying gas in somewhere before the TB. The gas then needs to distribute itself evenly into each intake runner. Typically the first intake runners will see more NOS then the ones further away. This could cause several adverse things to occur. Without getting into each, I would recomend a direct port Nitrous system*. This means six foggers (one on each runner). This will insure equal distribution to all cylinders.

So again, I'm not an expert on this. I'd certainly value some insite from people who are.

Blaze

*Direct port injection while ideal, is more expensive and more cumbersome to maintain and install.

Gentlemen, please use are very good search function as the basic systems have been discussed in great detail. dry,wet direct port are all their and broken down into further systems on the componant level.
We have also addressed each systems pro's and con's in great detail as well as safety features which I cannot srtess enough,how to set them up and what they do as well of some you may not have heard about such as clutch safety switch,oil temp safety switch and some others.These are in addtion to your WOT SWITCH,FPSS and window switch.
Blaze,I agree with you that direct port is the safest of the three only because you can fine tune the delivery of n20 and supplemental fuel on a per cylinder basis making for an even A/F RATIO across the board.
As stated you can pull up more articles then you could read in a day on the three main setups also helpful info on tuning the system you desire and why we like one more then another.we have folks here that use all of them.

Finally the prep of the car pre install is discussed at great length such as having your injectors C&C'ed by RC, replacing your fuel filter and using proper n20 plugs and having your fuel pump tested for integrity are a few. so use that search function guys. I have used all three for testing purposes and had zero problems and I was the installer on them all. good luck do some research and decide if N20 is for you,you may decide on a SC or Turbo after your research but if you do go with spray dont go cheap on the install and car prep as that IMHO is what makes for a bad day for some,I guess that would go for all the FI choices you have.get the best you can afford as long as you are not getting bent over on prices (research them)

Best Regards David

PS. Blaze, the foggers are better then ever these days(the fuel and n20 is atomized well) and not as tight as direct port they are quite good. heck they use them to spool up large turbos quicker and get a jump with massive low rpm torque on the SC. seems lots of mix and match going on these days and I like it! BTW with the costly AEM ,yes I am buying them anyway... you can run a dry direct port setup, no I am not going into detail right now,it does not list this as a feature but it is their,big injectors that idle well and the abilty to kick n20 with the AEM with its own n20 fuel map ready to go.as long as you have calibrated injectors and with this you dont need to run them at max duty cycle you now have the safest wet or dry system 2500 plus n20 parts money can buy!

Last edited:
Badcarma,
I'm in Miami and I use to have a dry setup but wanted to go wet now to be able to shoot at most a 100shot but not more then a 75. Would you be willing to help me do my install. I have these following parts already.

2 dry selenoids
1 wet selenoid
fogger for wet
braded lines for tank and selenoids
electrical is already ran from previous install to cab.
Plugs are correct temp

pretty much what else would I need besides some of the safety switches and WOT switch which I donot have.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Ray

NSX~PERT said:
Badcarma,
I use to have a dry setup but wanted to go wet now to be able to shoot at most a 100shot but not more then a 75. Would you be willing to help me do my install.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Ray

Ray, I am a little confused so staighten me out. you were running a dry setup but want to go wet so you will be able to spray 100 but not more then a 75.

is it that you want the capability to spray 100 but you wont use it ,you want the day to day use to be 75 shot?
my advise to you is make the day to day shot your standard.I think a 75 shot will be fine and I would do it dry...thats just me and its your ride so clarify.I want the facts.
as for the wiring that is installed already if I help you with the install we will remove it and put fresh wire in (wire is cheap and I have many spools) as well as the safety features.
CLARIFY your intent and I will let you know after I get the answer if I will help you install. sounds like fun. so get your goal for shot size and wet or dry back to me and I will give you an answer.
If I help you must take an interest in the process as to understand what we are doing so you can maintain it in your sleep so you 'can sleep at night' knowing you are good to go for years!
best regards david
ps I would get back soon as I have a kit to ship that needs to be boxed and there is someone ahead of you (sarge) and you dont want that to be two ahead ;)

Hi Dave,

Glade to see you are up and runing around again.

Contact me, I had sent you a few PM today.

James

David,
Sorry probably a typo. I meant I had a dry set-up before shotting a 75 shot but I want to bump it pass 75 but no more then lets say a 100-110. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not going to be spraying the car to often probably go thru 1-2 bottles a year if that. I just want to know I have the extra H.P. there just in case....lol

Thanks,
Ray

Back