Best bang-for-the-buck ever in a large luxury sedan?

The Genesis looks good on paper - and in person, but i've never owned one/driven one.

I've driven one the day they released it years ago.

Felt like a camry since the panels and doors feel or sound thin walled.

Perhaps they didn't stuff it with sound insulating material.

Otherwise it's a dam good car for what it gives.

I've been in Hyundai's after a few years. They just don't feel that well put together. Noise, rattles, flex, etc. It just feels cheaper. I'm afraid that the Genesis will end up being the same way.

When they're brand new, they feel like any other car in initial quality, but the depreciation of the car's quality is more felt year after year when compared to a Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc.

Last edited:
I know where there are two of them right now. Both sitting and not on the road because of cooling system problems. BIL has one a tenant has the other. :)
My BIL parked his right after putting a ~800.00 alternator in it.

Hmm I must be one of the lucky ones :biggrin: (I drive a 2000 740iL, has close to 80K on it, no problems other than the glove compartment handle broke). Helluva car for 10K.

I've always liked having one luxo-barge to compliment my sportscars. I like the contrast and the fact I can have my morning coffee without having to think of shifting. :biggrin:

My past cars included a first gen Legend Sedan, SC400, IS300 and now my M3 SMG. My wife was the first to comment that she's noticing my tastes to run to smaller and faster cars now as my DD. Must be the infuence of the track these days...

I never considered the Phaeton. To me, all VWs are just reliability nightmares. I should look into one. Infinti Q45s are beautiful, especially the latest one.

I've always kept an eye on these luxury sedans and price. I think the Infiniti M's are a good catch. You can pick up an 06 with mileage under 40K in the mid 20's.

Back