Besides the NSX, my other H.S. dream car was a Supra Turbo ~ Any owners here?

I'm looking at an AUTO since my wife wants to be able to drive it. I heard the AUTO is faster on the drag strip, any truth to that?
QUOTE]

To answer your question, yes, the autos are generally faster on the drag strip. The 60ft times on manuals are typically pretty slow unless you have a device to hold boost for launch.

You may want to reconsider letting your wife drive it... everytime I let my wife drive the one pictured below(6spd), guys would go absolutely crazy seeing her driving it and always make comments to her. :)

I've had 5 Supras and loved them. They're now overpriced IMO, but if it's a dream car, then I would just do it! Here's a pic of my last one w/ big single turbo...
supra1.jpg

I have owned both at the same time for a while now and they are very different cars. The only reason to buy a Supra, or NSX for that matter, in 2013 is because you have always wanted one. I do not agree that they are overpriced as both cars are now modern classics. You are not getting good bang for the buck with either a NA2 or true 6-spd Supra. However, you are getting something where demand is higher than supply which is why pricing on both is still “high”. Only about 4000 6-spd Supra’s were made so they are somewhat rare. Finding a good non-hacked up car is a real challenge. I bought my current BPU all original paint Supra from an owner I have known for 14 years. He bought it from the original owner who is a NSX guy that goes to every NSXPO. He sold it because after buying his NSX in 1995 he drove the 1994 Supra less and less as the NSX is better driver’s car.

Why I own them aside from nostalgia:
NSX – Chassis, driving feel
Supra – Turbo feel, potential

As for deciding between a GTR and Supra… I have been thinking about the same thing recently. They are so different. One is the Japanese power king from the 90’s and the other from the 2010’s. The GTR will drive and feel better in every way. However, I do not get a feeling when I see a GTR but I get a feeling every time I see a Supra.

A lot of good comments here, thanks guys! :)

Although the GTR is a more modern car, the one thing it seems it will never have on the Supra is the manual tranny. It's too bad so many modern cars are losing this option.

Finding a good MKIV Supra seems to be a lot harder than I thought guess I have to be patient!

I'm looking at an AUTO since my wife wants to be able to drive it. I heard the AUTO is faster on the drag strip, any truth to that?
QUOTE]

To answer your question, yes, the autos are generally faster on the drag strip. The 60ft times on manuals are typically pretty slow unless you have a device to hold boost for launch.

You may want to reconsider letting your wife drive it... everytime I let my wife drive the one pictured below(6spd), guys would go absolutely crazy seeing her driving it and always make comments to her. :)

I've had 5 Supras and loved them. They're now overpriced IMO, but if it's a dream car, then I would just do it! Here's a pic of my last one w/ big single turbo...
View attachment 107591

I really liked this one. Do you know what happened to it after that kid took it back east?

sorry to hijack your thread S4play :wink:
but i really want a FD+LS swap
i have looked on rx7club and norotors for a while...havent found one i like
if you have one or know of one gimme a heads up

zaid

well... my NSX deal fell through and i found a local supra i might be interested in. Could i have supra guys chime in on the parts and cost? I was looking for a semi modded one and this one seems like it can get super crazy #'s if wanted but toned down as well.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4257103314.html

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GO0T-eb1jrI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I doubt it would get approved after the "too sexy dept/committee" shoots it down - saying that it's counter culture to Toyota for making reliable and boring looking cars.

Back