Belt Change on a 94 NSX

I just put a deposit down on the 94 white NSX that I have had posted threads about in the past. The car is in CA and I live in AZ but I can't finalize the deal until some work travel is completed. Here is my dilemma that I would like to get the forum's consensus on. THe car has 27,600 miles and was just put through the PPI. The PPI came out great but it needs the 30K service. The dealer in CA belives its runs great and that it could probably go the remaining 2K miles before changing the belts. My concern is with the age of the belts and whether I should take the chance to drive it back to AZ without a belt change or have it done for piece of mind in CA before I pick it up and then drive it back. Is there no question in your mind that you would just have the belts changed or take Acura's advice that they believe it could go awhile before doing the work? What would you guys do?:confused:

The odds are slim that it would decide to break now, and especially considering the low miles, and the fact that some 91's are likely riding around with 2-3 times the mileage with the original belt. That said, remember Murphy's Law. Is there a reason you want to wait until you get back that is worth the peace of mind you would be giving up? That is the real question. Also, remember that dealer who thinks it would be fine is not going to pay 1 penny towards the repair if it happened to fail on the trip.

Back