BBSC expected Torque numbers?

Hi Guys,

So it seems my car is finally straightend out 10 months and two shops later.

It seems to be putting down good power however the TQ still seems rather low. I was wondering what other people with a similar setup are seeing for hp/tq.

Im getting 360 whp / 228 tq on the following

Low comp 9.5:1 engine
BBSC novi 1k @ 8#
550 injectors
no headers
no aftercooler

But I dont get how you say that youre happy with the HP number but unhappy with the Tq number unless youre suggesting that your making your peak Tq much higher in the range then you expected.

Im saying that the peak horsepower is with the range that most everyone else is with a simiar setup, however the tq is way below the range of most everyone else.

Well, mathematically, the only way that that appears possible to me is if youre making peak torque higher than others are. Given that HP is derived roughly by multiplying torque by RPM.

yea i will post the dyno when i pick up the car in the next couple of days.

Woody, that dyno you posted, was that with you running aftercooler and headers?

My first dyno run I had 330LBS TQ with 16PSI on my Custom Whipple charger.
I will run some new pulley's and 19 to 21 PSI this spring and may need to change out my restricted TB.

ken sampson said:
I will run some new pulley's and 19 to 21 PSI this spring and may need to change out my restricted TB.

Can you really compare the TQ from a positive displacement blower to a centrifical?

ken sampson said:

any runs at 8-10 psi, which is more along with what most mere mortals use?

Back