• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS +35 offset all the way around???? Will they fit.

Quick question.

Im looking at buying some BBS wheels. The sizes and offsets are as follows.

Front 17X8 +35 with 215/40/17 tires.

Rear 18X9 +35

Im going to lower the car 1.5 inches.

Will these offsets work with out rubbing?

I have done a search. Looking for fresh info.

Thanks in advance.

do u have bbk up front?
it MAY front the front if u have low profile caliper up front
and the rear will fit but too skinny

He said that it fit the Stoptech BBK in the front.

What do you mean the backs are too skinny? The rims?

With a a 35 offset will the rims be flush with the body of the car or will it look set back like the OEM rims?

Thanks

These are the gold LM's on eBay, right?

The front, a 17x8, should be flush with the fender, the rear, at 18x9 +35, will need a spacer to look right, something around 10-15mm to make it flush; 9" is a bit on the skinny side for an nsx rear, the typical tire sizes of 215/40/17 and 265/35/18 will work, but 9" is the minimum for most 265-width rears... The ideal rear width would be 9.5" to 10".

scorp965 said:
the rear, at 18x9 +35, will need a spacer to look right, something around 10-15mm to make it flush; 9" is a bit on the skinny side for an nsx rear, the typical tire sizes of 215/40/17 and 265/35/18 will work, but 9" is the minimum for most 265-width rears... The ideal rear width would be 9.5" to 10".

I think you might be slightly miscalculating the offset. +35 means the wheels will stick out more than +56. By your calculation 9 inch width rims should have offset of 20-25.

FYI, A 17x8 35mm offset front wheel on a car with the Stoptech BBK will probably stick out past the fender.

The hat on the Stoptech BBK rotor is 5mm wider than the stock one.

I used to run 17x7.5 GC-010 wheels with a 35mm offset wheels on my NSX with the Stoptech BBK and they were already flush with the fender.

So the fronts will look proper.

and the rears will need 10mm spacers to be proper.???

Deals Gap said:
I think you might be slightly miscalculating the offset. +35 means the wheels will stick out more than +56. By your calculation 9 inch width rims should have offset of 20-25.

My numbers are correct; the 18x9 +25 rear, what would be created by adding a 10mm spacer to an 18x9 +35 rear, is actually slightly conservative; custom sizes for the nsx, which drove fine and maximized lip, are 18x9.5 +35 rear and 17x7.5 +35 front - at 18x9 +25 rear there is still another potential 9mm of room to go until it's the same distance out to the fender as the 18x9.5 wheel - so, a 10mm spacer would be a 'normal looking' but conservative choice, and a 15mm spacer would result in an aggressive stance, giving a range of 10-15mm.

The front at 17x8 +35 is an aggressive size, if you run anything other than a 225 you're going to rub, and if you need to use a spacer to clear caliper's it's not going to happen - if the face of the wheel clears the caliper you're fine, it will be flush with your fender and look great out of the box on the front.

If you look at the auction, ebay #140041607577, the seller states the wheels, with no spacers, clear a stoptech bbk, which sounds impressive, given the flat face of the LM.

FWIW, the auction is over, with the single bidder 'winning' at $2k.

CAN-NA1 said:
So the fronts will look proper.

and the rears will need 10mm spacers to be proper.???

CAN,

Go look at these links.

1st, this link will give you information about the stock wheel size and offset.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/wheeltech.htm

2nd, learn about what offset is. Lower the offset means the wheel mounting area is closer to the center of the wheel

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...l+offset&start=3&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=3

WheelOffset-small.jpg

Hope this info will help you determine the correct size.

I currently have SSR comps 18x8 offset 48 and I think it'll be right at the edge of the fender (I'm picking up my first NSX this sunday).

scorp965 said:
My numbers are correct; the 18x9 +25 rear, what would be created by adding a 10mm spacer to an 18x9 +35 rear, is actually slightly conservative; custom sizes for the nsx, which drove fine and maximized lip, are 18x9.5 +35 rear and 17x7.5 +35 front - at 18x9 +25 rear there is still another potential 9mm of room to go until it's the same distance out to the fender as the 18x9.5 wheel

I will admit, now after knowing that 10.5 with offset +43 will work in the back, I do agree with you. Your statement about 9 with +25 is actually 1mm inwards, compare to 10.5 w/+43.

Sorry. I was going by comparison to Stock offset.

The set of rims on my car right now are SSR comp's, with a 17x7.5 +42 (F) and an 18x10.5 +43 (R) - the front is equal to your 18x8 +48 (F), distance wise, and both my front and rear have room to spare, perhaps 5mm in the rear, and 8mm in the front - as you're running an 18" rubbing, in your situation, will depend greatly on sidewall height, with a 17" front, and the proper size tire, there is zero rubbing at full lock, and, as I said, it could be kicked out another 5mm if brake or aesthetic requirements came along.

The figures quoted above, an 18x9.5 +35 (R) and 17x7.5 +35 (F), are the 'most aggressive' offsets for 17/18's that are still drivable, with no issues - you could tweak the offsets even more, but then you might start to rub at lock, etc. - just use these figures and work down, it's better to install a 5mm spacer, than to stick 5mm outside of the fender, and rub.

scorp965 said:
The set of rims on my car right now are SSR comp's, with a 17x7.5 +42 (F) and an 18x10.5 +43 (R) - the front is equal to your 18x8 +48 (F), distance wise, and both my front and rear have room to spare, perhaps 5mm in the rear, and 8mm in the front - as you're running an 18" rubbing, in your situation, will depend greatly on sidewall height, with a 17" front, and the proper size tire, there is zero rubbing at full lock, and, as I said, it could be kicked out another 5mm if brake or aesthetic requirements came along.

Thanks for that info. I'm actually picking up another set of these wheels this weekend and have a more fitting size for my new NSX. I'm quite excited as I been wanting one of these for about 5-6 years.

scorp965 said:
, the seller states the wheels, with no spacers, clear a stoptech bbk, which sounds impressive, given the flat face of the LM.quote]

Does this mean the seller is not being completly honest with is listing and the way they will fit?????

CAN-NA1 said:
scorp965 said:
, the seller states the wheels, with no spacers, clear a stoptech bbk, which sounds impressive, given the flat face of the LM.quote]

Does this mean the seller is not being completly honest with is listing and the way they will fit?????

The BBS LM is a very popular wheel in Japan for the nsx, there are usually 1 or 2 sets on yahoo japan being sold in used condition each week, and these are the popular size of 17/18's; with a stock nsx they should fit fine, here is picture of these exact sizes on an early car:

goldlm.jpg

These wheels will definitly fit with stock brakes, the front is perfect, the rear should get a 10mm spacer for aesthetics; as far as larger brake fittiment is concerned... usually when you're looking to cram larger aftermarket brakes under a rim you want a curved spoke design, if caliper clearance is an issue, and the LM is most definitly not a curved face wheel; even with ideal widths and offsets, if the spokes get in the way of the caliper you will need to install a spacer, and with this front there is really no room to play around with.

The seller claims to have tested for this clearance level, and found no issues, so according to his info you're fine - note, as mentioned above, the stoptech kit, if that's what you have installed, also pushes the wheel outward approx 5mm, so with a 17x8 +35 being flush on an OEM setup the stoptech kit would be like tossing a 5mm spacer into the mix, possibly creating issues with rubbing, or sticking outside of the fender. Do you have stoptech brakes installed on your nsx? If you do I would be curious to see if perhaps he's testing for s2000 fittiment, despite selling nsx wheels - if you look at his other items he has a set of s2k ssr comp's, an s2k steering wheel, and he was selling s2k cats - he's got an s2000, so presumably he bought the lm's and tried to fit them to his roadster, only to find they're way too big for his car - if his brake fittiment sizing is based on some guesses with them on an s2000 it's meaningless to you, on an nsx.

Scorp965 Thank you for all your information. I am running stock brakes right now. I dont have any plans to install a BBK in the near future.

I will be lowering the car with H&R springs. 1.5 inches. Will this cause a problem with rubbing?

People say that 9" is too small for the back. Is that true? Im not looking to track the car or race. How ever I would like some perfromance in the corners.

You should be fine lowered 1.5 inches, these wheels are conservative sizes, even with a 10mm spacer in the back, which is optional, you wouldn't have any issues. 9" is a bit thinner than most people run in the back on the nsx, but if your tire sizes fit a 9" rim there is no issue. On 17/18's the typical sizes are:
215/40/17 (F)
265/35/18 (R)

Most, if not all, 265 tires are intended for a 9.5" rim, but will also fit a 9" or 10" rim, so the tires fit the wheel, and there is no reason to go above a 265 for most people, in fact some people run a 255/35/18 in the rear - neither will upset TCS. I suppose the problem would come if you wanted to run wider tires, perhaps slicks, on the car - in this case you're limited to 265 in the back, which is usually fine, but on the front many people run a 235, which would probably rub - note, this is if you're using these for track wheels, I doubt you would spend $2k on a set of spin-cast track wheels.

If these were mine I would fit them to the car, determine whether or not the car needs a rear spacer to look 'right', and take it from there; either way it's a great-looking set of wheels, if you won the auction congrats - they sell for around 1500 to 2000 on yahoo japan, but then dealing with international shipping and a broker will tag another 1000 onto the bill, and you would have to wait 4-6 weeks; you were able to avoid the hassle.

I run:
18x8 front 40mm
19x9.5 rear 40mm

My fronts are pretty flush, I think at 35mm it might stick out a bit too much for "ME" but if it'll clear your brakes, that's a good thing. My rears are very very close to flush. If I had the option, I'd love to have a 35mm rear on mine. So adding a 10mm spacer on yours would look just fine. I say yes.

Oh and 265 isn't bad at all. For me running 19's in the back, 265 is pretty damn cheap, 275 is just a few bucks more, and 285 is ungoddly in comparison. It's what I run now, but plan on going up to 275 on my 9.5" rim. Go for it.

One more thing, my 265 tire on my 9.5" rim looks pretty stretched. I don't really like it at all, I'm also at 30series in the back though.

KooLaid said:
I run:
18x8 front 40mm
19x9.5 rear 40mm

My fronts are pretty flush, I think at 35mm it might stick out a bit too much for "ME" but if it'll clear your brakes, that's a good thing. My rears are very very close to flush. If I had the option, I'd love to have a 35mm rear on mine. So adding a 10mm spacer on yours would look just fine. I say yes.

Oh and 265 isn't bad at all. For me running 19's in the back, 265 is pretty damn cheap, 275 is just a few bucks more, and 285 is ungoddly in comparison. It's what I run now, but plan on going up to 275 on my 9.5" rim. Go for it.

One more thing, my 265 tire on my 9.5" rim looks pretty stretched. I don't really like it at all, I'm also at 30series in the back though.

I run:
18x8 +38 front (a 17x8 +35 will still out 3mm more from mine if you had stock brakes)
19x10 +35 front (a 18x9 +35 will be 13mm inward from mine, you can counter that with ~10-15mm spacer)

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

Back