BBK-Users: What kind of wheels do you have?

As suggested, I'm starting a new thread on the subject of what kind of wheels BBK-users have on their cars. If possible, please post a photo of your wheels and kindly include the sizes and offsets that you're using.

(Note: I'm doing this for a selfish reason, as I'm desperate to get new wheels but have had very little luck in finding something that fits.)

Thanks.

I guess I should start first.

AVS Model 7
F: 17x8 (offset 30)
R: 18x9 (offset 45)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 585
Whick BBK are you trying to fit wheels over? As you can see here, I feel for you.

KGP said:
Whick BBK are you trying to fit wheels over? As you can see here, I feel for you.

Thanks for the link. My brakes are Brembos (as you can probably gather from the photo), but I'm not sure as to which model they are (I bought the car with them already installed). I'm only worried about the front wheels, actually, since the rear brakes are OEM. Another Prime user gave me an excellent suggestion about simply removing the Brembos and re-installing a pair of OEM front brakes, effectively solving all my wheel-searching headaches, and it is something I'm looking into. But ideally, I'd like to keep the Brembos.

Lazarus said:
My brakes are Brembos (as you can probably gather from the photo...
Sorry, your pic was not yet up when I was typing my post. Yes, I see they are Brembo's. Can't help you much, but I know these will fit (without spacers):
SSR GT1
Tecnomagneso
Many of the HRE wheels

Hopefully others will chime in and help.

KGP said:
Sorry, your pic was not yet up when I was typing my post. Yes, I see they are Brembo's. Can't help you much, but I know these will fit (without spacers):
SSR GT1
Tecnomagneso
Many of the HRE wheels

Hopefully others will chime in and help.

The GT1s do look pretty good, but they're not readily available here in Asia and I'm not keen on the idea of going to an f:18/r:19 configuration. I'll have a closer look at the other two brands you've mentioned. Thanks.

The Brembo Lotus calipers fit the17/18 Prodrive GC-07s with no spacers.

White94 said:
The Brembo Lotus calipers fit the17/18 Prodrive GC-07s with no spacers.

Thanks, I remember you saying that on another thread. Unfortunately, they're just not what I'm looking for.

Say...would anyone of you happen to have a link where I'd find Technomagnesio wheels?

I really liked this 5-spoke design they had from about 10 years ago (god, I'm getting old) and would love to see what they have to offer nowadays. Thanks.

Lazarus said:
On second thought, you wouldn't happen to know what the offsets are on those Work Meister S2Rs, would you?

Sorry, I don't. As for the Tecnos, Dali has them listed HERE in silver and other places on the site in white or black.

White94 said:
Sorry, I don't. As for the Tecnos, Dali has them listed HERE in silver and other places on the site in white or black.

Hmmm...looking at that photo of the current Technomagnesio wheel makes me wish I had bought the original design 10 years ago. This is very telling...all the designs I like (including the NSX itself) are from around a decade ago. Scary.

Check out Gerard's custom colored Tecnos - they are really sweet setup but I don't know how he got them refinished.

And don't feel too bad about the designs, I suffer from the same disease. I still really want a black 93-96 300Z convertible for a beater. My only problem is the only examples I can find are 'pre beaten'. Oh well.

White94 said:
Check out Gerard's custom colored Tecnos - they are really sweet setup but I don't know how he got them refinished.

And don't feel too bad about the designs, I suffer from the same disease. I still really want a black 93-96 300Z convertible for a beater. My only problem is the only examples I can find are 'pre beaten'. Oh well.

Oh, that's nothing, I'm still fantasizing about the early Porsche 928 (before Zuffenhausen went nuts and kept making the car more powerful and thus heavier) from the late 70's/early 80's.

Okay, back on topic...you know, those Work Meister S2Rs are starting to grow on me a little. Now if only I could find out what the recommended offsets are. I'm thinking they'd have to be 17x8 (offset 42) up front. Would be nice if someone could confirm.

These are the available sizes for the Work Meister S2Rs , if anyone's interested. Sorry it's in Japanese.

Lazarus said:
These are the available sizes for the Work Meister S2Rs , if anyone's interested. Sorry it's in Japanese.

In English per Comptech:
17"x 8.0" 5-114.3 PDC 42mm ET (front)
18"x 10.0" 5-114.3 PDC 45mm ET (rear)

PS, it LOOKS like Volk CE28Ns might work by the decription on Dali's site. Ed has them on his car, but no BBK.

Can anyone verify that CE28N + Brembo Lotus = no spacer?

Wheels

Hey guys, as I was reading this tread it became more and more personal to me. Talking about cars like the 300 Z, 928, etc and the same wheels I have been admiring. All cars in my past befor the two NSXes.

I have a new set of GT-C Face -1 Volks in gunmetal. I went to SEMA last fall and came away more confused than convinced as to what was the best wheel for my car. The Volks a a great wheel as far as looks, weight, quality and performance, on the other hand I really have developed a passion for the meistrys.

I am also about to install a BBK from StopTech and I'm uncertain if the brake components will fit within the wheels with out spacers....which i definitely don't want to add to the equation.

The specifics of my wheels are: 17x8 +42 offset in the front and 18x10 +40 offset in the rear.
They are fitted with Toyo Proxes T1-S tires, 215/40/17 and 275/35/18. My questions are:
Do you have a set of Meistrys in the sizes outlined above.
Would you consider a tade for a very nice set of Volks?
Do you know if the meistrys will accept the BBK without the use of spacers.

Thanks,

Lynn

Welcome on board - its nice to have another member of our little sicko 928/300Z cult. Where in Alabama are you? Jackson, TN here.

About the rims, I know the clearance required by the Stoptech kit is greater than the the Brembo. I know that the GC-07s and the GT1s will not fit the Stoptechs, at least in the offsets I've seen on Prime. Check this thread. There are some 10 spoke prodrives that appear to work (front only) and some custom Kinesis that work also. I think your best best for 17/18 w/o spacers is probably the meisters or tecnos, although I have seen neither tried either successfully or un.

HTH, Mark

Wheels and Brakes

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the info. As I said in my note, I really want to avoid the use of spacers. I really like the Volks I have, but the Meisters
have continue to catch my attention......still a bit of an unresolved,
subjective issue with me.

My primary concern is getting a high performance brake system on the car without solving one problem and creating another.

Regards,

Lynn

By the way I am located in Decatur, Al.

Re: Wheels

lmiller said:
Hey guys, as I was reading this tread it became more and more personal to me. Talking about cars like the 300 Z, 928, etc and the same wheels I have been admiring. All cars in my past befor the two NSXes.

I have a new set of GT-C Face -1 Volks in gunmetal. I went to SEMA last fall and came away more confused than convinced as to what was the best wheel for my car. The Volks a a great wheel as far as looks, weight, quality and performance, on the other hand I really have developed a passion for the meistrys.

I am also about to install a BBK from StopTech and I'm uncertain if the brake components will fit within the wheels with out spacers....which i definitely don't want to add to the equation.

The specifics of my wheels are: 17x8 +42 offset in the front and 18x10 +40 offset in the rear.
They are fitted with Toyo Proxes T1-S tires, 215/40/17 and 275/35/18. My questions are:
Do you have a set of Meistrys in the sizes outlined above.
Would you consider a tade for a very nice set of Volks?
Do you know if the meistrys will accept the BBK without the use of spacers.

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn,
I have the Stoptech BBK and my new Volk GTCs are on the way I have them coming in 17x8---35 offset front and 18x10---43 offset rear. Your fronts at 42 offset will never clear the Stoptech Caliper without a spacer. I'm hoping mine will clear without one should have them next week so I'm told. I know a few people are curious what will work with the Stoptech kit so I will be posting pics when I get them.

Well, an interesting afternoon spent at the wheel shop (the official Work importer, in fact) today...they didn't have any 17" Meister S2Rs on hand, but did have an 18x9 +35 S2R that they tried fitting on to my front axle. It didn't work, at least not without putting on spacers (a 3mm spacer enabled the spokes to just barely clear the calipers). But the wheel protruded even further than my current AVS Model 7s. Anyway, they're getting the Japan office to give a recommendation on the correct offset to use (hopefully on a 17x7.5" wheel). Will know tomorrow, with luck.

Oh, and by their estimate, none of the standard offsets will clear, so it'll definitely be a custom-order job.

Will keep you folks posted.

Addendum:

Further to my last post, I've just realized that the 18x9 +35 wheel that they tried fitting on to my front axle today was an A-Disk (Deep Rim), which means there was no way that it would have worked in the first place. If they had an R-Disk or, better still, a T-Disk (both designed especially for big calipers), it would have been much more ideal.

Lynn> This might work yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

Back