Bay Area Christmas dinner

Look for an official e-mail from the chapter president:

We're trying to set up a dinner at Kuleto's Trattoria in Burlingame for Monday, Dec 8. We need to find out how many we can expect to participate. This is open to anyone who reads this and of course spouses/significant others are welcome. The typical meal is $50-$60 per person before tax and tip. This may be a deal breaker so if you'd like cheaper fare, please post a suggestion. I'll start the list here and when the official thread is posted I'll move it there. This is just a feeler, not a commitment, but please do your best to post only if you think you'll make it.

J

1. 02#154

Monday to Thursday is not very good for me. Fridays & Staurdays are hard to find a restaurant for a large group.

On a Monday??

Yeah, sorry... those of us at the chapter meet (:biggrin:hint, hint:biggrin:) decided that, for a Christmas dinner, weekday nights would be best because, 1) our members will likely be doing our other Christmas stuff during the weekends, and 2) it will be much harder to secure a nice private room for our dinner during the holiday weekends (this was confirmed when Estella, the nice woman from Kuleto's told me it was a good thing we want a weeknight because the weekends are booked through the new year).

All that said, nothing is set in stone as of this moment. There is a conf-call set up between the chapter pres., V.P., and secretary to iron out some things. I would suggest that those interested in attending the dinner to please post suggestions here in this thread. The officers of the Bay chapter will then have feedback so they can make the right decisions for the majority of the people.

J

Yeah, sorry... those of us at the chapter meet (:biggrin:hint, hint:biggrin:) decided that, for a Christmas dinner, weekday nights would be best because, 1) our members will likely be doing our other Christmas stuff during the weekends, and 2) it will be much harder to secure a nice private room for our dinner during the holiday weekends (this was confirmed when Estella, the nice woman from Kuleto's told me it was a good thing we want a weeknight because the weekends are booked through the new year).

All that said, nothing is set in stone as of this moment. There is a conf-call set up between the chapter pres., V.P., and secretary to iron out some things. I would suggest that those interested in attending the dinner to please post suggestions here in this thread. The officers of the Bay chapter will then have feedback so they can make the right decisions for the majority of the people.

J

Well thats what I get for not been at the meeting I guess. I was just scared to drive my car without a horn (hint hint). Anyway that Monday is the only day that week I am out of town, But hey if it works for the majority than so be it.

Kuleto's can also accommodate us on Thursday, Dec 11 if that works better for the majority. Dhalsim, we'll try to get you in. I honestly would like to see all of the same people I usually see at our meets:

Roger, Gary, Eric, Carlos, Mike, Jill, Yolanda, Jack, Chuck, Gil, Travis, Danny, Jimmy (like a cop car), Ben, Alan, Larry, Bill, Lynn, etc., etc., etc... I know I've forgotten people:redface:

But without feedback the officers will make arbitrary decisions without considerations for the members. So let's here it (thanks for those of you who've already chimed in).

J

Last time I was at Kuleto's they required a valet to park the car. Either that, or find street parking, which was non-existent.

Something to keep in mind...

Last time I was at Kuleto's they required a valet to park the car. Either that, or find street parking, which was non-existent.

Something to keep in mind...

This I know. Which shouldn't be a big deal. I imagine many will be taking their DD. I know I am.

J

To All Bay Area NSX owners:

The officers for the Bay Area Chapter just concluded an impromptu conference call to discuss the Bay Area Christmas Dinner event. In addition to Kuleto's we have come up with a couple of other options for the dinner. We intend to nail down all the particulars by tomorrow night and will post the Christmas Dinner arrangements to this thread.

What I would like from everyone; is to show your interest in the Christmas Dinner and place your John Hancock on the list as soon as possible so we can get an accurate head count. As an incentive rumor has it that our "Illustrious" NSXCA Bay Area Chapter Representative may be dressed in a Santa Claus outfit and will tell us of his world travels during dinner. :biggrin:

In case some of you haven't heard the Christmas Dinner will take the place of our scheduled December 13th Chapter meeting.

Thanks,

Mike

1. 02#154
2. MikeC_587

1. 02#154
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
5. racer-ex + Kathy + Derek (Total = 3)

1. 02#154
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
6. whzzbad

To All Bay Area NSX owners:

The officers for the Bay Area Chapter just concluded an impromptu conference call to discuss the Bay Area Christmas Dinner event. In addition to Kuleto's we have come up with a couple of other options for the dinner. We intend to nail down all the particulars by tomorrow night and will post the Christmas Dinner arrangements to this thread.

What I would like from everyone; is to show your interest in the Christmas Dinner and place your John Hancock on the list as soon as possible so we can get an accurate head count. As an incentive rumor has it that our "Illustrious" NSXCA Bay Area Chapter Representative may be dressed in a Santa Claus outfit and will tell us of his world travels during dinner. :biggrin:

In case some of you haven't heard the Christmas Dinner will take the place of our scheduled December 13th Chapter meeting.

Thanks,

Mike

1. 02#154
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
6. whzzbad
7. NSFRBLX
8. Jack & Yolanda

1. 02#154
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
6. whzzbad
7. NSFRBLX
8. Jack & Yolanda
9. Lawrence & Sandy

1. 02#154 + 1
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
6. whzzbad
7. NSFRBLX
8. Jack & Yolanda
9. Lawrence & Sandy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. 02#154 + 1
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
6. whzzbad
7. NSFRBLX
8. Jack & Yolanda
9. Lawrence & Sandy
10. Lynn & maybe John (if he's not working :eek:)

1. 02#154 + 1
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
6. whzzbad
7. NSFRBLX
8. Jack & Yolanda
9. Lawrence & Sandy
10. Lynn & maybe John (if he's not working :eek:)
11. Gary

We're at 16 people so far. Nice number but I was expecting more interest. I'm still waiting for posts from certain people who I think should go...

Should I start to name names?:tongue::tongue::tongue:

J

1. 02#154 + 1
2. MikeC_587
3. Dhalsim
4. iCEE
6. whzzbad
7. NSFRBLX
8. Jack & Yolanda
9. Lawrence & Sandy
10. Lynn & maybe John (if he's not working )
11. Gary
12. Edub

Back