Battery Maintainer

neuralpathways said:
.... Now, if I sold subwoofer boxes and had over 50,000 satisfied customers, we might have an issue! :biggrin:

Too funny!!!!!
laugh.gif

Hey, you know we'll let you slide 150 times or so before we get PO'd about it.

Since my battery was drawn down (not dead but wouldn't start car) last weekend and after putting on over 2 1/2 hours of driving time, the in-dash voltmeter reads ~14V when key is turned on without engine running. After starting car, voltmeter read ~15V. I suspect this is normal considering the battery won't be fully charged for at least another 4-6 hours of driving time. Is this a correct assumption. After battery is fully charged, what should the voltmeter read with engine running?

thx...

Please note, I did a search and looked at FAQs and only found one post that briefly mentioned that he's seeing 15V with engine running.

NSX-Tuner said:
Since my battery was drawn down (not dead but wouldn't start car) last weekend and after putting on over 2 1/2 hours of driving time, the in-dash voltmeter reads ~14V when key is turned on without engine running. After starting car, voltmeter read ~15V. I suspect this is normal considering the battery won't be fully charged for at least another 4-6 hours of driving time. Is this a correct assumption. After battery is fully charged, what should the voltmeter read with engine running?

thx...

Please note, I did a search and looked at FAQs and only found one post that briefly mentioned that he's seeing 15V with engine running.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I would expect the voltage to always be a constant 15 or so while the engine is running. This is set by the alternator and regulator. When off, you should get 13.6 volts from a fully charged battery. This is from memory, unless the NSX has a fancier than normal system.... :smile:

Back